Holiday Inn Brussels Schuman
NH Brussels Bloom(Saint-Josse-ten-Noode)(Great Value!)
$114
$226
$208
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Adagio Brussels Grand Place(Brussels)(Great Value!)
$124
$115
  • Fitness center
Ibis Brussels off Grand Place(Brussels)(Great Value!)
$126
$127
$148
$127
  • Restaurant
All reviewsihg membereu commissionseparate bath and showermetro stationreception staffeu buildingseuropean quarterfree wifiquiet locationbusiness districtbeds were comfortablesmall hotelpublic transportnice roombars and restaurantsbuffet breakfastmin walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed three times in this hotel in de past weeks. The location is great for business traveller (near (EC and EP) and just a few minutes walk of Metro Schuman. I noticed that the rooms vary in quality. Breakfast is good and offers good value for money. In the direct surroundings of the hotel there are a lot of good places to have breakfast or lunch. the staf is very friendly and helpful. The near Place Jourdan is nice to have drinks or dinner and is only a few minutes walk from the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brussels Schuman, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear RogerdB,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. Thank you for your candid review. We strive to provide our guests with an extraordinary experience and we are pleased to have the opportunity to do that for you during your visit with us. Your positive feedback makes it all worth our efforts.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope that you would consider us again on your next travel.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed for two nights in early October. The hotel is ideally located no more than 5 minutes walk from the metro. (note Schuman metro station is being extensively rebuilt there are steep sets of narrow steps and confusing exits) The metro is relatively easy to navigate and you can be in the city centre within 10 minutes for 2 euro single ticket. We did walk it one day and it took about 30 minutes.
Found the staff friendly and efficient and one or two minor niggles with our room were quickly sorted. Our double room facing the street on floor 4 was spacious, clean and well equipped.
Slept well and the street is pretty quiet through the night.
The safe in the wardrobe though we found tricky to use and we needed help !
The bathroom was spotlessly clean and totally adequate.
There is a small lounge and dining area and a very pleasant outdoor terrace at the rear.
We didn't have breakfast in the hotel. There are lots of choices close by, we found Pauls a few minutes away. Great coffee and pastries. (out of the hotel turn right and right again and its on the corner.)
We had dinner one sight in Leopold Square where there are numerous restaurants. (out of the hotel turn right then right again to the junction where Paul's is, then left. About 5/10 minutes walk)
For relaxation there is a large park 5 minutes walk away and a couple of museums.
We enjoyed our stay at this hotel, its relatively small, warm and friendly and will return.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
gmhibs, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brussels Schuman, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear,

Thank you very much for your kind review. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay & will do everything to maintain this level of service.

Our staff is trained to offer a home away from home feeling, and we see that they do this adequate. Being friendly & guest orrientated is very important, and they now this. With you feedback you show them that it is well appreciated by the guests.

We also offer breakfast at a very competitive rate of 15 euro. For this you receive a full American breakfast with a lot of choice. I hope you try our breakfast on your next stay.

I hope to welcome you when you decide to stay again in our hotel.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I had hesitations in booking this hotel because it is in the middle of the EU Parliament part of Brussels. Would there be restaurants and shops nearby? Was it close enough to the convention center where my company was exhibiting at a large trade show? Was the construction nearby tolerable? I'm happy to say "YES!" to all of the above. I loved the location on a very quiet street with free on-street parking after 6:00PM. A wonderful square with probably 10+ restaurants was just a block and a half away. Yes, there was construction, but far enough away that really didn't interfere with my car route to the convention center, which was only about 20 minutes away through a green, lush part of the city (stay off the freeway -- it was stopped with traffic). Enough about the area. How was the hotel?

I had read on Trip Advisor that many of the rooms are showing their age. Upon arriving, I requested and received a recently renovated room on the 8th floor. Yes, it was small but certainly enough for a single or double occupancy. The view was nothing special, but everything inside was shiny and new. Internet service was excellent although I heard that lower floors had spotty connections. Service was extremely friendly and helpful with local tips and directions. I didn't experience the hotel breakfast since there was a "Paul" bakery just around the corner. This was my morning routine -- go to Paul, have a baguette with strong coffee, watch all of the locals do the same, and drive off through the city to the trade show with my colleagues. What a wonderful way to experience Brussels.

My only slight annoyance was with the single, very small elevator. It seemed to have a mind of its own. Several times I got on, hit the button for the 8th floor, and the elevator would take me to some other random floor. Luckily, it always returned to the 1st floor where I could try again.

Overall, I highly recommend this hotel for those wanting a little quieter place to stay that is still close to all of the main parts of Brussels. Rubbing elbows with the locals was fun. On my first day of arrival I walked down to the nearby square and sat down at a café next to a mom waiting for her children to arrive back from school. We had a nice chat and she even introduced me to her son and daughter when they arrived. What a nice and unexpected cultural experience!

Room Tip: Ask for a recently renovated room if available.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mrfargo2

Dear,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with other travellers. I'm very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we will tackle the issues that you experienced during your stay.

My staff will be delighted if I show them your feedback. They are always trying to step the extra mile for our guests, and now they see that this gives results.

We are modernisating our elevator for the moment. Also we are looking to put a new one by August next year. We are really doing everything to minor the lack of service for our guests, but sometimes it is difficult.

The internet has been upgraded last week, and I can say that the connections are very stable everywhere at the moment.

We refurbished 15 rooms together with the groundfloor in August 2013. We are planning the next renovations in 2014.

I hope to welcome you again in our hotel very soon.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Great hotel for a weekend away. Parked right outside the hotel and was free parking. Usual HI but you know what you are getting. It is a 20 minute walk into the centre of Brussels and cost 10 Euros to return in a taxi. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear,

Thank you very much for your nice review. We're very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us & you recommend our hotel to other travellers.

I ensure you that we will maintain our level of service & improve our quality of the product, as we are in the process of refurbishments.

I hope to welcome you again in our hotel.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

The Holiday Inn was located in the area we wanted to visit. Check in was easy and efficient and the bedroom was smallish but functional and whilst we only stayed one night the service was good and staff were very helpful. A location to recommend

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear,

Thank you very much for your review. Your feedback will be much appreciated by our hotel staff & it will encourage them to keep on going on this track.

We are very delighted that you enjoyed your stay & hope to welcome you again in the near future.