Holiday Inn Brussels Schuman
$248
$144
$126
  • Restaurant
Adagio Brussels Grand Place(Brussels)(Great Value!)
$109
  • Room Service
$116
$112
  • Pool
All reviewsihg membereu commissionseparate bath and showermetro stationreception staffeu buildingseuropean quarterfree wifiquiet locationbusiness districtbeds were comfortablesmall hotelpublic transportnice roombars and restaurantsbuffet breakfastmin walk
Reviewed May 19, 2013

A relatively small hotel with very friendly staff willing to help in all situation and to solve all problems. I have never been disappointed and always enjoy staying there. All rooms are for the place very quiet those to the rear especially allowing to sleep always with window open. Very much appreciated in the summer sometimes even still in November, the terrace garden outside allowing to enjoy a light meal or a good sip in a very relaxing atmospher catching some sunshine in the evenings. Because it is very sheltered it is a good place even in autumn to be outside! The hotel is very central with only a few minutes to the metro station at rond point Schuman and the gare Leopold. Place Jourdan, Jubilee Park, museums and most European instititutions are within a short walking distance. For Brussels excellent value for money! Over the last ten years I have stayed there more than a hundred times and always enjoy to come back!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
gmhibs, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brussels Schuman, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear Mr Mohs,

Thank you very much for your very nice feedback.

I'm very happy that you like your stays that much in our hotel & I hope to welcome you more the over 100 times in the future.
Our goal is to create a home feeling in our small hotel, and your comments encourage us to stay on this path.
I will share your thoughts with my team.

Hope to welcom you on your next visit, so we can enjoy together a great Tripple Karmeliet, in our garden!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

As others have said this hotel is in a very good location, it is very clean and the staff is helpful and friendly. But in the hotel website is says parking available. This is only partially true because ... well, sometimes, parking is not available. The parkade is a 6 car garage which fills up then guests have to park in the street. Also the elevator is dreadfully slow. You can very well spend 10 minutes waiting for it. If you intended on a short trip up to your room for a forgotten item, just give up on the elevator and walk up the stairs. Overall OK, but free wi-fi and truth about the parking situation would make a much better overall experience.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Dear,

Thank you very much for your valuable comments. With you feedback, I can encourage my team, improve our service & make our product better.

We provide free WIFI in the lobby, and as from the beginning of 2014 we will provide basic free WIFI in the rooms. This basic WIFI will allow you to check your mails, browse on the web, ...

We are looking for an alternative to improve the speed of our elevator, and hope we can provide this to our guests.

I'm very happy to read that you enjoyed the friendliness of our staff & you acknowledge the cleanliness of the room. This helps me motivate the team to keep on going.

I hope to welcome you again in our hotel.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

For a change, I normally stay in a standardl room, I booked the room with a kitchenette. Some sort of suite I believe they call it. It beats me how a hotel can't out a room with a completely empty kitchen, there was not as much as a teaspoon.

Do Holiday Inn guests normally bring kitchen utensils, plates, cups etc. to the hotel, or why do they rent a completely empty kitchen room while still providing a refrigerator, a water boiler and a herd?

I don't expect to be able to make a four course meal, but it would be nice to have a bowl and a spoon for ones morning cereals. Alternatively, stop marketing the room as a equipped with a kitchenette.

Otherwise the hotel is a fair Holiday Inn hotel, well located if you are heading for the European Institutions.

Room Tip: The higher up in the building you go, the less traffic noise you will suffer. Then agin, their lift is abut of a nuisance as it seems to stop at floors randomly and only after a very long wait.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments with our travellers. Your feedback gives us the opportunity to improve our product & our standards.

I understand your feeling about our kitchenette & therefor I would lik to improve our kitchensupplies in the suite, so our guests are able to create a meal in there room.

I'm happy to read that for the rest you liked your stay in our hotel & look forward to welcome you again in Holiday Inn Brussels Schuman.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

We enjoy our stay at the Holiday Inn Schuman Brussels very much. The location is superb, even we were not visiting the city for business purposes around EU areas. Staff are friendly and very helpful, while we enjoy good internet with reasonable price as Priority Club member. In general we are impressed at our stay, while we like very much the antique style of the hotel with a modern and comfortable touch, while the room rate is also very reasonable. Would certainly recommend to others should they want to stay stylish, cozy, convenient while the budget needn't set too high. Especially thanks for Bert the GM for his kind hospitality.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
gmhibs, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brussels Schuman, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Holiday Inn Brussels Schuman. It is nice to see that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.

I will bring your feedback to my staff to motivate them and let them know that their work is very appreciated.

I hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed in there for 3 nights and it was ok experience considering the amount we had to pay. The internet in room is charged highly and the free internet in lobby was not really very encouraging. To watch your programs on TV, please be ready to shell out some extra money which just does not seem to be fair. I can not comment on the breakfast as we did not opt for it. The comfort in the room was good but the aircon in room was making more noise than the traffic outside. The location is just perfect and its only 5 mins walk from Schuman Metro. There are direct buses to the the central and also to the airport. The girls at the reception were very helpful and greeted with warmth but the next day a guy (forgot his name) at reception was kind of less interested and sorting our queries out. Unfortunately he was the same guy when we checked out who without any pleasantries handed over our bill in hand without saying any thanks or putting it in an envelope. Previous stays had a better check out in other properties of Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
gmhibs, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brussels Schuman, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Dear,

Thank you for your feedback of your stay in our hotel. With this information we can make our hotel better & increase our level of service.

I'm very disappointed of my front office guy & will certainly have a chat with him. Service is the most important thing in our hotel & I always highlight this to my staff. I cannot accept that our guest doesn't have that feeling.

The Television & internet is indeed payable, but for only 12.50 euro, you have unlimited access to WIFI, movie channels, TV browser, World TV & wired internet.

I hope I can welcome you again in the near future.