“All you need for your business trip”

Holiday Inn Brussels Schuman
Ranked #74 of 198 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed January 1, 2013

The hotel offers everything you need for a good stay during your business trip. Located at the heart of the European Quarter with a direct connection to the airport by bus and a metro station nearby it is the perfect spot for your work or leisure visit in Brussels.

The hotel staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are a little bit old-style but clean and functionally well equipped. They have installed a new TV- and internet system providing you with a large variety of channels and on-demand movies.

I can really recommend this hotel if you plan to go to Brussels!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
gmhibs, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brussels Schuman, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear Mister,

Thank you very much for your review. Thanks to your feedback we can improve our service & product, and also motivate our staff.

I'm pleased to inform you that we will renovate our hotel very shortly. We have planned to do 20 rooms, the Lobby & the Bistro in 2013. The year after we will do the rest of the rooms.

I will also share your thoughts with the supplier of our new TV system, and I'm happy to see that you appreciate the new system.

Hopefully we can welcome you again in the near future & that we can share more nice things with eachother.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Brussels Schuman

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Although it is a small establishment with 8 rooms only per floor, and despite having "une bonne addresse" in at the EU zone, it lacks style and ambience probably overlooked as a result of being understaffed. Only one waitress in restaurant who naturally turns into an aggressive monster if asked the simplest of questions, like at what time daylight starts to show up! On the other hand, the recognition package for Priority Club Platinum members is among the best in Europe; from personalized envelops with eye-catching green sticker, to an array of privileges including free internet, free glass of house wine, a box of minys and an upgrade to a business room. I must warn that the elevators are SUPER slow, also rooms needs to be refitted with moquette instead of the cheap plastic floor cover. The TV system, apart from being complicated has avery hazy menu that is almost illegible (needs fine tuning) also during my stay the electricity was cut at least 3 times, causing the TV to start by itself while I was sleeping.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
gmhibs, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brussels Schuman, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear,

Thank you very much for your review. Thanks to your feedback we can improve our services & hotel.

We acknowledge that we need renovations, and that's why we will start in 2013 with total refurbushments of the rooms & the restaurant. The first part of the renovations is planned in august 2013. At this moment our rooms are still up to standard, but we want to inovate & grow with our business.

I have talked with my breakfast waiter. It is not a matter of understaffing. They need to organise & if they need help, we have enough people who can give a hand. The multiflexibility of our staff is a pro. I explained this again to her and now she is aware of it.

I'm very pleased that you enjoyed your Priority Club gifts. We appreciate your fidility and that's why we want to give you a lot of extra's.

The internet system is totaly new since december 2012. We are evaluating the system & are working together with the outside company to optimize this service.

I hope we may welcome you again in the near future, so you can see that we have taken your feedback seriously.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Good overall stay
Wonderfull hotel with everything that should be there: clean rooms, good bed, nice bathroom, TV, complimentary tea & coffee in the room, ...
Breakfast is well fresh & is great to start the day with. REFRESHING

Efficient staff
Underground parking
Value for money
Location: a bit away from the historical center, but close to Avenue Louise & Place Jourdan

Room Tip: businessroom for only 30 euros
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
gmhibs, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brussels Schuman, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Dear,

Thank you very much for your feedback about your stay in Holiday Inn Brussels Schuman. Your comments gives me the opportunity to motivate my staff.

I'm very happy to read that you really enjoyed your stay in Brussels.

I hope to welcome you in the near future in our hotel.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for one night on a business trip and I will never ever stay there again.
Altough the location is perfect and breakfast is ok as well everything else is a disaster.
Why? Because they make you pay 195 (!!!!) euro for a room/night. I wouldn't be complaining if I paid some 70 euros for the room. But for 195 you get a room which smells bad, the bathroom smells horrible (i think it smells like mould), on the bathroom floor you find dark hair and the bathtube floor looks dirty (i had big doubts whether i should take a shower witout wearing flipflops which unfortunately I hadn't brought with me...). The windows are very "light" you close them, you touch them slightly and they'are open again...). As well you have some free Tv chanels (really not too much) and if you want to watch normal german channels like Pro7 or RTL you have to pay!!!!!!!They charge you either 9.95 for internet or 12.95 for internet and TV! ANd that in the middle a european capital! I have to admit I was never asked to pay for watching normal channels (at the end i didn't order the tv thing as I came to the conclusion that it's just way too much).
As I said i wouldn't say a word if I paid 70 euros for the room. For a price of 195 euros I think that this is simply unacceptable!!! The staff however is very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
gmhibs, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brussels Schuman, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Dear Mister,

Thank you very much for your feedback of your stay in our hotel. Thanks to your comments, we can optimize our product & improve our service.

I'm very sorry to read that you didn't enjoy your stay at our hotel. Sometimes it's better to react immediatly so we have the change to make your stay better. By changing you to another room, or by acting and giving your room an extra cleaning service.

As I read that the room was not clean up to your standards, I directly had a talk with my housekeeping supervisor to attack these issues.

I checked also the window of the rooms & do not see problems with the windows. Can you sent me a mail, to confirm your room number?

Our television has a basis of 20 free channels. These channels are specially for the EU region, as we provide Dutch, English, French, Italian, Spanish & German speaking programs. To upgrade to 150 channels there is a charge. The total package costs 12.50 euro and includes wired internet, WIFI, satelite TV, 100 movies & TV browsing.

Again, I would like to apoligize for all the inconveniences you had in our hotel. I hope I can welcome you again, so you can see that your feedback improved our service.

If you would like to have more information, please do not hesitate to contact me by email.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for one night. When I came inside the room I thought there was a mistake, the room seemed already used by somebody else.
The bathroom was dirty, the sink, the shower. I was disgusted and not able to have a shower and breakfast in the morning. The curtains at the windows where bad and there was a noise during the night. The only positive thing the kindness of the two girls I met in the reception.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
gmhibs, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brussels Schuman, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to inform me about your findings at our hotel. I'm happy that you liked the home-away-from-home atmosphere that our receptionists gave to you.

I am sorry to read that your stay did not bring to you what you expected and I would like to offer you my apologies on this occasion.

We have gone through your remarks one by one and are undertaking actions wherever needed.

I would like to take the opportunity to inform you that the receptionists or me are always at your service to help you with any remarks, complaints, ... In this case I could probably have helped you on the spot, rather than I can do now, returned home.

I invite you to contact me by mail, gm@hibrusselsschuman.com so I can look deeper into your questions.

Now I have no details about your stay (room number, arrival date, …) and thus it is rather hard for me to talk to the right persons in my staff.

I am looking forward to your e-mail.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Lovely hotel in European Parliament zone (near the metro stop Schuman and bus stop for airport). We stayed there for a couple of night - just to spend a weekend in Bruxelles - and we found this hotel confortable and clean with spacious rooms. We chose to exclude the breakfast in hotel, and we hadn't have any problem to find some patisserie in that area. In the surroundings is also possible to see the EU Parliaments and other European Commission buildings, the Cinquantenaire park and a very interesting art nuveau residential quarter. Absolutely recommended.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Simona C

Dear Miss,

First of all I would like to thank you for the time you took to write this review. It's is very appreciated and helpful.

I hope to welcome you again to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel as part of my European road trip so we only stayed for one night, we were a group of 10 and it was the easiest check in of the whole trip.
The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable, the lobby and outside decking were nice, the bar was a tad limited and the receptionist also was the bartender so we had to wait a while for our drinks as she was busy with the reception.
The hotel is in a good location there is parking available outside, which happens to be free on a weekend which is helpful!
If I ever go back to Brussels I would definitely consider staying at this hotel again

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank pam999
gmhibs, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brussels Schuman, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Dear Mister/Madam,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. Your comments are very important to us, so we can improve our product and service of the hotel.

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. The service in the bar will be improved in the near future as we will sent everybody of the reception team on a training session. Our reception is always with 2 persons, and they are in charge of the bar also. This to create a family athmosphere and a great guest recognition.

Hope to welcome you again in our hotel.