“Nice location, but it is just another US Chain hotel”

Brussels Marriott Hotel Grand Place
Ranked #34 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
GreenLeadersSilver level
Trinidad and Tobago
“Nice location, but it is just another US Chain hotel”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

little to complain but also little to write home:
the rooms are ok,
Bed and Linen very comfy
Concierge in the evening past 9ish disappeared
Bar past 11 - lonely boring place.

Price was a bit steep. I recently stayed in the Amigo, which is a bit more personal in servicing

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
PanosZer, Front Desk Manager at Brussels Marriott Hotel Grand Place, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear FOL-1003,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay at the Marriott Brussels Hotel.

We are happy you enjoyed the central location and the comfortable bed and linen.

Kindly be informed that our Concierge Team is available daily from 7 in the morning until 11 in the night. At the same time, our Front Office Hosts are more than happy to assist with suggestions for the local area.

We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again at the Marriott Brussels.

Best Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Stayed on 2 separate occasions, both times very good. All staff were excellent and went out of their way to assist. Room was good complete with very comfortable bed. Breakfast was good and varied.close to all attractions, and loads of good restaurants with varying prices abound. Check out the. Small side streets, good restaurants and pubs to be found.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Admittedly, I actually stayed at the Marriott in Belgium for one week in March 2012, but TripAdvisor won't let me select a date that far back. However, my comments are such that I think they'd be helpful for future travelers.

Positives:
- Executive Lounge: If you’re a frequent Marriott traveler and have status, the executive lounge is quite nice. It’s on the first floor (which is kind of odd), but it was always well-stocked and the staff was friendly and attentive.
- Location: I thought it was in a great location. Lots of restaurants nearby; you’re right near the Grand Place square, so it’s just a great place to spend some time.
- Fitness center: They actually had one, which is always appreciated in Europe. It's located in the basement and was definitely a bit worn when I was there, but again, at least it existed, which is much appreciated.

Negatives:
- Small(er) rooms: The room I ended up in was a bit undersized. Again, this is probably more of a Europe thing, but you definitely won’t feel like you have a ton of space.

I stayed at 3 different hotels in Brussels while I was there over two weeks, and this one barely squeaked out as my preferred option in the future. As a result, it gets 4 stars.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank wpc_ca
Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Perfect location, perfect hotel, staff amazing. Excellent city centre location for both business and pleasure. From this hotel you can get anywhere very easily. On this occasion we took our car and there is plenty of car parking space at the hotel and getting around very easy.

Even though city centre I always sleep very well as the beds are comfortable and the rooms spacious.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Maria R
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Arrived at ten in the morning. Rainy day. We were told the room was not ready which we expected because we were early. We left our bags and went site seeing. Yeah, in the rain! We had a fabulous time. So many restaurants, museums and historical attractions.
We returned at 2pm. The room was not ready. We settled in the executive lounge and waited another hour.
Once the room situation. Was sorted we where given the keys to a beautiful corner room overlooking the city.
Turns out the room we were supposed to be in had been smoked in by the previous guest! The man had out the hotel in a tough spot as the place was booked solid and cleaning that room wasn't going well.
Kudos to the staff for working hard to accommodate all guest. It's easy to forget about the other people affected when we travel. We enjoyed our stay and would return here again!

Stayed February 2014
Duncan, South Carolina
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Although I was here on business, this Marriott is also a great choice for someone in town to see the sights. This hotel is literally right next to a metro stop on the line between north and south station. You can get anywhere quite easily. The rooms are as you would expect and over the weekend the breakfast is in the main restaurant with more choices. The breakfast during the week is small with limited selection but still perfectly adequate. This hotel is very near two great restaurants Bia Mara and Fin De Siècle

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Bradford L
Pt. Pleasant, NJ
Reviewed February 15, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights at the tail-end of my business trip to Belgium. We arrived early on a Thursday from Antwerp and were immediately allowed to check in. The professional front desk clerk acknowledged my Platinum status and gave us very clear instructions about the Executive lounge, internet access and breakfast for Saturday morning (when the lounge is closed.) I love when you get all of that information upfront. We had booked the least expensive King bed room and were not upgraded, but it appeared the hotel was rather full with a conference. To be honest, I was just happy to get in my room 5 hours early, an upgrade would have been icing on the cake.

Our room was smallish (typical city room in Europe!) with a nicely appointed bathroom and a mini-fridge with plenty of space. There were enough English language TV channels so that we could keep up with the Olympics, the stock market and the news! The room was spotless. I'll be honest, I thought the pillows were horrendous. Either hard as a rock or down-filled and shapeless. The bathroom had nice fluffy towels, good amenities, etc. Our room was on the 5th floor and faced the back - it was extremely quiet.

The Executive Lounge, located on the Lobby floor, was great. The staff working there were efficient and friendly. The food, drinks, etc. were of good quality and generous in portion. We used it for breakfast, as well "happy hour." We were able to pick up English language newspapers too. And special thanks to the staff on Friday night that found my umbrella I left behind! I found it Saturday morning before leaving.

The Bell Captain made arrangements for a taxi to the airport for our departure, which went seamlessly. Price was as arranged and the taxi was on time.

Finally, the location of the Marriott cannot be beat! We were able to do a ton of sight-seeing on foot, plus shopping and dinners out. Highly recommend La Villette for dinner, a short walk away across from St. Catherine's church.

All in all, I would stay here again any time. I wish the pillows were better - and yes, it would have been great to get an upgrade. But it was a very nice hotel with plenty about it to recommend.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple