“Excellent room and service”

Brussels Marriott Hotel Grand Place
Ranked #38 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Although I was here on business, this Marriott is also a great choice for someone in town to see the sights. This hotel is literally right next to a metro stop on the line between north and south station. You can get anywhere quite easily. The rooms are as you would expect and over the weekend the breakfast is in the main restaurant with more choices. The breakfast during the week is small with limited selection but still perfectly adequate. This hotel is very near two great restaurants Bia Mara and Fin De Siècle

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Bradford L
Write a ReviewReviews (2,222)

Reviewed February 15, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights at the tail-end of my business trip to Belgium. We arrived early on a Thursday from Antwerp and were immediately allowed to check in. The professional front desk clerk acknowledged my Platinum status and gave us very clear instructions about the Executive lounge, internet access and breakfast for Saturday morning (when the lounge is closed.) I love when you get all of that information upfront. We had booked the least expensive King bed room and were not upgraded, but it appeared the hotel was rather full with a conference. To be honest, I was just happy to get in my room 5 hours early, an upgrade would have been icing on the cake.

Our room was smallish (typical city room in Europe!) with a nicely appointed bathroom and a mini-fridge with plenty of space. There were enough English language TV channels so that we could keep up with the Olympics, the stock market and the news! The room was spotless. I'll be honest, I thought the pillows were horrendous. Either hard as a rock or down-filled and shapeless. The bathroom had nice fluffy towels, good amenities, etc. Our room was on the 5th floor and faced the back - it was extremely quiet.

The Executive Lounge, located on the Lobby floor, was great. The staff working there were efficient and friendly. The food, drinks, etc. were of good quality and generous in portion. We used it for breakfast, as well "happy hour." We were able to pick up English language newspapers too. And special thanks to the staff on Friday night that found my umbrella I left behind! I found it Saturday morning before leaving.

The Bell Captain made arrangements for a taxi to the airport for our departure, which went seamlessly. Price was as arranged and the taxi was on time.

Finally, the location of the Marriott cannot be beat! We were able to do a ton of sight-seeing on foot, plus shopping and dinners out. Highly recommend La Villette for dinner, a short walk away across from St. Catherine's church.

All in all, I would stay here again any time. I wish the pillows were better - and yes, it would have been great to get an upgrade. But it was a very nice hotel with plenty about it to recommend.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jtwiz
Reviewed February 14, 2014

The hotel itself is nothing really special, but the staff is absolutely fantastic! Hamid-James behind the front desk was incredible as were Stephanie and Aileen behind the bar. The rooms were nice enough and the bed and pillows were *so* comfortable! The location is excellent for a little sight-seeing after business is done for the day - literally hundreds of restaurants and pubs to choose from, as well as the obligatory Belgian chocolate stores :) A very nice place to stay - largerly due to the wonderful staff! Great job, Marriott!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We booked the Marriott as part of a Eurostar deal.

The location in right in front of Bourse station (a few stops from Gare du Midi (where the Eurostar arrives). This was easy to get to.

It's also crazy close to a numbers of great places like Grand Place, Mannekin Pis, 't Kelderke restaurant, Galeries Royales Saint-Hubert, A la Mort Subite, various chocolatiers and beer stores, Belga Queen, Zinneke Pis etc.

The room was clean. Staff were friendly and helpful. Nice shower and bed; that really matters to me as I don't spend a lot of time in the hotel room when on vacation. The climate control was a bit out and the room was a bit warm. Nothing an open window couldn't sort out though :)

We had breakfast downstairs which was good. Its buffet style with plenty of options available including a waffle making station.

It's a well known franchise so you can't really go wrong.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2014

During my stay in Belgium, had a business dinner with my boss in the restaurant of the Marriott Hotel, and had the best steak I ate in North Europe. A Scottish guy had served us there and he was so helpful in the menu. I chose according to his recommendations and I didn't regret at all. It was amazing food.

Room Tip: If you are in Brussels, don't miss to eat there!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We had a great seven night stay. The staff was personable, knowledgeable and professional! The rooms were well appointed and the bed heavenly. The bathtub was long and luxurious, took a bath every night. The hotel is in the perfect spot! It is like twenty feet from a metro, a block each way is a grocery market. It is two blocks from the Hotel de Ville. Our room faced the Bourse. The Executive suite is AWESOME! It had hot and cold food that was excellent, wine, beer, sodas, juice, you name it. There were a couple of computers to conduct business and print up boarding passes. The only drawbacks are the loud and I mean very loud carousing all night long especially on the weekends. The jackhammering going on to remodel the McDonald's was crazy loud. We were on the first floor and it was under our room.

But over all, I would give this hotel an A+!! Thanks a million for making our stay fabulous!!

Room Tip: Rooms facing Bourse will be loud.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thordargreybeard
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I've stayed over ten times at the Brussels Marriott Hotel but I have never had a Wow Experience. The hotel is located just off the Grand Place. Many restaurants, bars and shops can be found here. The hotelrooms are typically Marriott, good beds, good seating but an average bathroom. The majority of the rooms has almost no view, just buildings. The Midtown Grill restaurant is amazing, great steaks! What I dislike about this hotel is that as an Elite Member I have never ever had an upgrade. In other Marriott's or Renaissance hotels I Always get an upgrade to a suite or something suitable but here they just put you in a regular room with no view!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
PanosZer, Front Desk Manager at Brussels Marriott Hotel Grand Place, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear Jumeirah23 ,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stays with us.
We are happy to see that you enjoyed our central location and our restaurant!
Regarding your note about the rooms provided, we always try to offer to our Elite members an upgrade at least to the next room category available.
Could we kindly ask you to contact us at mhrs.brussels@marriott.com and provide us more information about your stays?
We will also add to your profile that you prefer having a room facing the front side of the Hotel rather than our courtyard.

Best Regards,