“Well appointed executive class business hotel good for sightseers too!”

Brussels Marriott Hotel Grand Place
Ranked #37 of 198 Hotels in Brussels
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I stayed here on a Thursday night in August with my wife (who was on business) and as we arrived early on the morning I used the hotel as a base for sightseeing.
I parked our car in the underground car park which is accessed to the rear of the building. I have used car parks in similar city centre hotel settings and I ave found them a nightmare but this one was spacious, well designed and reasonably priced.
The hotel staff are friendly, helpful and service oriented. The rooms are very smart but not huge (but certainly not pokey) and noise levels from the streets were acceptable for a city centre hotel. My room wasn't ready very early due to the preceding guest taking liberties on check out times. We ate out with my wife's colleague at a nearby tapas bar which was outstanding so I can only comment on breakfast which was really good. I went on a really good city tour in the afternoon which included an artisan chocolate factory tour and was arranged through our concierge. Superb and highly recommended for those who want to mark out their territory! Be warned though Brussels has seedy parts and you don't have to venture far off the beaten path from the attractive parts to find them!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AndyJaway
Write a ReviewReviews (2,255)

Reviewed September 5, 2013

The hotel looks a bit old from outside, and also the inside have a bit of this "dusty" look. The rooms are okay, the bathroom quite poor, bed comfortable but not fantastic. I have experienced the staff as quite rude. My business travel agency had arranged for me an early check-in, because I was arriving at around 11:00. Then the girl at the reception (a blond one with long hair, sorry did not pick up the name), told me that they were going to charge me for two nights. I kindly explained that this was not possible, but she insisted and was also quite rude. Anyway I call the agency, they call the hotel and confirm I was not going to pay two nights. A bit of shame for the hotel. The same girl, when I checked-out the day after, tried to avoid me, maybe for the embarrassment. I do not know, but was not pleasant.

The only good thing of this hotel is the excellent position, few minutes from the center of Bruxelles and just outside a metro station. I do not know if I would stay here again, even if I am a frequent stayer at Marriott. But this was below the brand expectations.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2013

When I travel with work I really want a friendly, clean hotel, with a comfy bed and a good breakfast. The Marriot certainly delivers on all of these. The hotel is in a good central location, the staff are friendly and respectful without being overbearing or stuffy- very welcome after a midnight arrival.

The rooms are attractive and well equipped but not too big. Good facilities in the rooms - with a wide choice of language TV channels, great bathroom and a very, very comfy bed. EUR 5 for a bottle of mineral water and no complimentary drinks, though.

They serve a wide selection of breakfasts to set you up for the day.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank sherunsforcake
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We Booked the Marriott as it was close to the Grand Place, it was only a 5 minute walk away. We arrived early about 8.30am and the check in was smooth as they offered us a twin bed which was ok for our needs. The room was smallish but adequate the bed was to die for especially after 25hours on the flights to get to Brussels, we did not use the in house restaurant but the breakfast was fantastic, would i stay there again yes i would.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank slavetothis
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had been traveling through Europe and wanted to treat myself to a nice stay and that I did, the hotel is located in the heart of downtown and really enjoyed all of the interaction. The staff was excellent and believe they went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect. I can say the hotel is clean, the restaurant has great food and service. The breakfast that was offered had to be one of the best I have ever had, it was a huge spread of food.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MMauer13
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and i stayed at the Marriott for 1 week at the end of August this year. It was great. The hotel staff were very friendly, spoke numerous languages and were very helpful. You cannot ask for a better location for this hotel. It was a 2 minute walk to the main square ( Grand Place). The Metro station is at the front door, and it's only 3 stops to the main train station in Brussels. From there you can catch a train to Brugge , Gent, antwerp, Amsterdam...Quite easy....We were there for the Grand Prix in Spa, which is about an hour and a half drive from the City centre....Sleeping at the Marriott is like sleeping on a cloud, very comfortable. I would recommend this hotel..

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RacemanMontreal
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The Marriott is a big hotel centrally situated over Macdonalds. Old stylish and overprised for the room comfort it offers. Another typical example of a Brussel hotel. As demand is really high because of the European union, hotels offer basic, standard comforts and a neutral service. Marriott is also part of this. Rooms need renovation and people on wheel chair have to inform the front desk as there are steps in the floors once you exit the lift.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business