“Nothing could be better located than this”

Brussels Marriott Hotel Grand Place
Ranked #37 of 198 Hotels in Brussels
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I normally stay here whenever coming back from Belgium. The rooms are spacious, hotel is well located just in the city center. Lot of food options around. Metro is just at the entrance of the hotel. All in all I must say best option to stay in Brussels.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Vivek7914
Write a ReviewReviews (2,255)

Reviewed February 4, 2013

The Brussels Marriott is a very nice hotel in the perfect spot. Right in the center of all the great spots to see in the city - Grand Place, and Sainte Catherine Square. It is also within walking distance of St. Michaels Cathedral, the Museum of Fine Arts, and the Central Train Station. And it is surrounded by the city's best restaurants, a big priority for us.

The lobby, restaurant Midtown Grill (recommended in the Michelin guide) and bar are quite nice. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms are great, with typical Marriott furnishing and comfortable beds. We slept very well. There was some noise from the street, but we are used to that as city dwellers. The bathroom and shower were very nice.

My only complaint was the hair dryer, which had a small button in the crook that you had to push down really hard to keep it on. I could barely use it for a few minutes at a time, as it was so uncomfortable to hold. Also, there was no hair conditioner provided, which I guess I expected at a 4 star hotel, but possibly that is not typical in Europe. Overall, a really great place to stay, and a good value.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Gisarnfuice
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Please check out my profile for my biases.

This was my first time in Brussels, and I was a little disappointed coming in from the airport and seeing all of the gray office buildings, but this hotel is in a lovely section of town.

A short walk to the Grand Place, the Manneken Pis, and many other places in town, including Central Station. It sits on top of the Metro, so if you need to hit Brussels Nord or Brussels Midi it is only a few steps and a few stops from the hotel.

I was in Room 445, which I found to be larger than I expected to find in Europe. It was clean and the bed was comfortable. I liked the closets, as they were large and as I am traveling for three weeks on business I needed to hang more than the usual amount of clothes.

This hotel is a solid 4 for me. I rarely give 5s and there was nothing outstanding to push it to the highest level. The lounge is just off the lobby and the food was less than I expect from a Marriott (one night they served chicken nuggets - seriously) and I was kind of hoping for waffles for breakfast.

Room Tip: The hotel is roughly triangular in cross section. My room, 445, looked out over the inner courtyard...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Sortova
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Nice hotel in a good location very nearby to the attractions in the city (the square etc).
Stayed here on business so didn't get chance to make use of the facilities although the staff were very pleasant and spoke great english, amongst other languages i picked up on, which is very common in brussels. just a short walk from the hotel are a range of bars and restaurants. Naturally, there are more than enough cafe's selling a wide range of Waffles! This is the better of the hotels i've stayed at in brussels, so i will return to this one on any future visits. It's also just a short walk away from the Metro (sorry, forgot which stop!)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Zulucherry
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed here for a night while on my first trip to Europe, and I'm a Marriott Platinum member.

The rooms are recently refurbished but there are still some issues.

I was initially assigned room 322, an executive room with a lovely view of The Bourse.

The room itself was small compared to what I'm used to in North America, but was well decorated.

However, I went to have a bath and the drain mechanism was jammed, and so I couldn't get it closed. I also noticed black mould in the caulking in one of the corners of the bath. A lightbulb was also out in the bathroom.

I was offered a room change to a far less superior room, though I was eventually given room 326, a junior suite, just a few doors down the hall. It was much better but small for a junior suite based on North American standards. It was also clean but smelled like someone had previously smoked in it.

I would have loved to have gone out on the balcony but the doors were all locked.

The service overall was pretty good. Executive lounge was OK but nothing special.

The towels were like sandpaper and could use replacing and/or fabric softener

Overall, not the most impressive hotel I stayed at on my trip but not horrible either.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank cober6711
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The Brussels Marriott is a great hotel and is the perfect location from which to visit Brussels . You can’t be more central. All the staff at the hotel were very pleasant and always helpful.
The room was perfect and well maintained. We had a view over the main street and the stock exchange. The buffet breakfast in the restaurant offered a large choice of items; the omelettes made on request were really good. Again the staff in the restaurant were very friendly and efficient. One of the advantages was that breakfast was served until 11.30 on Saturday and Sunday.
We had access to the executive lounge, where the hotel was offering hors-d’oeuvres and drinks between 17.30 and 19.30. Perfect timing before going out for dinner. However, we were surprised to see so many people taking advantage of this offering in the lounge as their ‘dinner’, particularly when you have a great city like Brussels with a vast choice of great restaurants and food. Incidentally, there is a great Moroccan restaurant called ‘La Kasbah’ just two minutes walk from the hotel.
The only negative point about the hotel, and maybe I am a bit over the top with this as Belgian National, is that a lot of the time the front desk staff could not speak French or Flemish (both are national languages of the country); it was fine to communicate in English, but in my own country, it struck a chord that I could not use a national language.

Room Tip: Try to upgrade to Executive level.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 18, 2013

If you are coming to Brussels by train , this hotel is very near to central station. Just in the market and opposite to Grand Palace.
Room size is Prity good and metro station is just below hotel. In case you are vegetarian you will not get much option in breakfast but there are some good restaurants near hotel.
Do not try Indian restaurant around. Pathetic food and service ! Especially a restaurant which is just opposite hotel near grand palace(don't remember name)

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family