“great place to explore brussel”

NH Brussels City Centre
Ranked #95 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
GreenLeadersBronze level
Karmiel, Israel
“great place to explore brussel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

very close ( 10-15 minutes walk ) to most city center attractions and ( 5 min walk) metro ,
rooms are clean and very well equiped , internet is free for hotel guests .
breakfast is very rich , my wife and me realy enjoy it .
hotel stuff are very usefull and gave us maps and full explanation .

Room Tip: choose the lower floors , you can than skip the slow elevator...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Runcorn, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

I have read some bad reviews about this hotel but I was pleasently surprised. The rooms where clean and tidy, the bathroom was spacious, the staff were very friendly. The best thing was we had a 17:00 check out on the Sunday, which was fantastic as we checked out and went straight to the airport - great idea.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Liverpool
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

I stayed here for business reasons for one night. The room was nice enough, comfortable, clean and quiet.

The breakfast was not included and was offered at over €20 additional cost!!! PER DAY! I politely declined. I later read the piffle in the room guide about the special 'antioxidant breakfast' which from what I could ascertain was an attempt to justify the cost on the grounds that kiwis make you invincible. Minor point but I found it patronising!! Plenty of places nearby to buy a more reasonably priced breakfast (and probably buy a kiwi if you really really must have one...)

The guide also advised that they had travel adapters and irons. I called down in the evening as i had forgotten my adapter and was asked to call back as they were busy. I did, and they said they didn't know where 'the' adapter was and could I come to reception. I did, and waited while the search was on, to then be told the one adapter they had was with another guest.

In the morning I phoned down to ask for an iron. Had to call three times in an hour, being told each time 'it's on its way'. Gave up and went to my meeting in a creased dress.

Nice enough hotel but don't expect anything good to come from calling reception!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank RM2007
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Checked into the hotel and its a nice city centre hotel but for the money spent I was hoping for more.
Reception was staffed by very a very friendly team and I was welcomed and the check in process went very smoothly. The rooms are a little small ( a least the one I was in) and this cramped the stay. Also there was only 1 plug point in the room and so to charge a PC and ipad at the same time I had to root around unplugging standing lamps which was a bit of a pain.
The room size was not a huge issue and I would stay there again at a pinch, but it would be down the pecking order of my choice.
At €160 a night I normally get much bigger rooms with more facilities. I know this is a city centre Brussels hotel but was expecting a little more.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Cambridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

We got to the hotel at about 9pm, dressed in casual travelling gear (i.e. shorts and t shirts with a small suitcase and backpacks). We checked in and asked for a map; the lady on reception circled a few locations on the map for us. She clearly thought we were teenage backpackers (i wish!) because of our attire but i think it just came across a bit awkward because English was not her first language.
When we got to our room it was clean, tidy and small. The size really didn't bother us given we hadn't paid very much for the room and let's face it we were only planning on sleeping there. The bathroom was also small, but very clean with the standard complementary products (shampoo, shower gel, soap). We liked the system of towel cleaning mentioned on cards in the bathroom, whereby if you wanted your towel washed, you left it in the shower and if not, use the towel rail.
Breakfast was as to be expected; cereals, pastries, scrambled eggs, bacon, cheeses and sliced meats, range of hot drinks and juices.

Overall for a 4 star hotel i'd have excepted better, but for the price we actually paid for it, it was perfectly satisfactory and we'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't expect a view from any room; just buildings. A/C in rooms is very useful as the standard...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stayed in this hotel as part of a large party over the bank holiday weekend while visiting Spa for the Grand Prix.

Parts of the experience were good. The rooms are very clean and modern so no issues with that. However this was let down by a number of problems. Breakfast on the first day had been arranged early so we could travel to the GP but this didn't happen.

Secondly and more importantly one of the people on our trip also had their room robbed. Despite using the safe in the room they still had cash stolen.

Also the rooms are quite noisy at night from the outside traffic. No more than any other hotel in a city center but you might want to be aware of this. It didn't bother me as was very tired each day anyway!
So overall an average experience but probably decidedly less than average for the person who was robbed!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Great location, close to the metro station Louise. Good breakfast, and the late breakfast on weekends (until noon) is perfect if you want to sleep a bit more. They provide luggage room until the check-in or after check-out time, which is good also. Helpful staff and free wi-fi (the only inconvenient is to take a new login and password everyday, since each login works for 24 hours). Great choice in Brussels!

Room Tip: I stayed in a single room on the 2nd floor, quiet and nice.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends