“Comfy and clean”

Hotel du Congres
Ranked #103 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
“Comfy and clean”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights recently. We were travelling on a budget so had come to expect average!! This hotel was a pleasant surprise. The room we had was a double and was very comfy although basic (double bed, tv, table, bathroom). The bed was very comfy compared to other places we had stayed and the shower was awesome with lots of pressure and hot water! The buffet breakfast which cost an extra €7.50 each per day was basic but did the job... The hotel was only a 5min walk to the main square which was good. Overall this hotel ticked all the boxes for a budget traveller and would happily stay here again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brasilia, Brasil
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Believe it or not: the ceiling of my room collapsed! Fortunately, I was out of the room, but when I arrived, it was a complete mess. You can see the pictures I've uploaded.

I tried to complain to the staff, of course. Firstly, they doubted. Then, they somewhat mocked me when I said that my suit, which I had to use to work the next day, was thoroughly covered with dust. Eventually, they offered me a new room. Only one of the members of the staff apologized.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to my worst enemy.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Hugo B

Travelers are raving about these Brussels hotels

Athens, Greece
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel only for one night and I chose it because of its location. It was indeed very convenient, had easy access to Metro, Trams and Buses plus the Grande Place at walking distance. I was given room 119 on the first floor which had 3 beds and a nice small desk which I enjoyed very much while working on my laptop before I checked out. I had Free WiFi Internet with average quality - Skyped just fine, a very helpful Reception and a good sleep. Really comfortable, simple yet good value for money hotel. I recommend it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Paris, France
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I selected this hotel because I needed to stay in this area but I was very much put off by the rewiews and picture .
But it was totally ok, my room was renovated and although not luxurious at all , it was functional and clean . The bed provided a good night sleep and the receptionnist was amicable .
For 55 euros , it was excellent value for money

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Coolangatta, Australia
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed here based on tripadvisor reviews and have not been disappointed. The rooms are very basic but what it lacks in frills it makes up for in comfort. The room I had was more spacious than some more luxurious rooms I have experienced in my travels. I have been travelling for 2 months now through USA, UK, Switzerland, France and have come to experience a vast array of rooms and conditions. For 55 euro per night, the Hotel Du Congres sits pretty well.

There is free wifi, the bed is comfortable and there is plenty of hot water plus the hotel is in a convenient location to Grand Place and the Grote Market along with a few other attractions ... pretty well all I need!

The breakfast is 9 euro and nothing special, I would eat out.
Would stay here again.

Room Tip: I had a room on the ground floor at the back which gave me a lovely garden view and it was quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Brussels
Reviewed April 21, 2013

All very fine except that my room faced the road, which resulted in some noise even later in the evening. In the future, I will therefore ask for a room on the other side of the building. Otherwise a clear recommendation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com