“Poor quality, not what I was expecting at all!”
Review of Ninja House

Ninja House
Ranked #2,013 of 3,909 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We went here at the suggestion of the check-in person at our hotel, and at first glance the restaurant looks quite nice. The buffet isn't really a buffet where you can see all the food choices and pick what you want. Instead, they have all the choices listed on a sheet of paper with tiny pictures and spaces to write in the amount you want. You can place an order up to five times, so make sure to order what you want each time.

We ordered the spicy tuna roll and spicy salmon roll, but when they were delivered to our table it looked like the sushi they used has the consistency of canned tuna! Needless to say, it was awful!! Plus, the waiter made sure to tell us before we ordered that whatever we didn't finish, we would be charged per piece (in addition to the 25.90 euros the buffet cost per person)!

The hot options were much better, as the gyoza, shrimp tempura, and calamari tempura were all good. The shashimi slices were very thin and pale in the temaki rolls and nigiri but after seeing the canned tuna rolls, they didn't seem so bad. All in all, it wasn't worth the 25.90 euros they charge.

The waiters also kept messing up our orders even though everything was written on the sheet of paper they gave us, which is bad because if we didn't eat it, they would charge us a fee! They did take the wrong item back and said we didn't have to eat the other items that were brought to use incorrectly.

I don't recommend this sushi place at all. It's better to spend the same amount at a high quality sushi restaurant. They is at least another one close by which we were told was the better restaurant. Unfortunately, we were drawn to the buffet aspect of this one.

1  Thank alagen

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I went here as part of a large group with a pre-arranged all-you-can-eat deal, including local beer as part of the package. The selection of sushi was OK, the beer of course very good, but the sushi did include some rather ordinary supermarket-style ready-made offerings, as well as more delicately prepared items. Some of the hot dishes were very nice, and those who had the ice cream as a dessert said that it was good. Overall, best visited as part of a larger group so that you can experiment across the menu and share things together. I would be unlikely to go back here with just one or two fellow diners or as a couple - the area is quite trendy and has lots of alternatives resaurants that would appeal more for this kind of meal.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I went there on one of the weekday evenings as it always looked to me nice from the outside. Although food was quite OK, given the all-you-can-eat formula, I have been served not exactly what I've ordered. The whole concept is five courses with unlimited amount of dishes at a fixed price for the whole experience (excluding drinks). You just mark on your individual menu how many items of each category you wish to order - separately for each course. God knows why all the cheap things arrived while the main reasons of my visit - sashimi salad and veggies were all missing (as I needed to leave immediately I forgot to ask why). Finally: to get the first three - out of five - courses I had to wait two hours. Just bizarre.

1  Thank Piotr G
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Was wondering around Brussels, started to get very hungry... Saw this resturant, looked very nice from the outside, the interior is good too. Didn't know this was all you can eat in 5 course, until the waitress explained everything.. We went a bit over board with the sheet they give you for ordering, the food came out pretty quickly, sushi was nice, the rice dishes were very good. Also lots of different types of ice cream was lush! Worth the stop of to fuel up.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We went there twice, I can really say, that this is one of the best "all you can eat" restaurants I have been to. The sushi quality thought not the best, but is very good indeed. Also, the other plates they have other than sushi are mostly very good. I would recomment this restaurant to anyone, also compared to other restaurants in Brussels, it is an excellent value for money.

1  Thank Mohammad H