“Excellent sorbet and ice cream”
Review of Frederic Blondeel

Frederic Blondeel
Ranked #3 of 67 Dessert in Brussels
Cuisines: Belgian
Reviewed June 5, 2016 via mobile

Have bought chocolates here before, but this was the first time for ice cream. Amazing. Not too sweet - like some are, when after a few bites you no longer enjoy or can even taste the flavours. Not the case here. About 12 amazing ice cream flavours - I had one scoop of dark chocolate and orange, with pieces of cooked oranges. Also a selection of sorbets - orange and pepper was delicious and a perfect complement to the ice cream flavour I chose. I had a cup, but next time am going with a cone - cones are hand-dipped in amazing very dark chocolate! The maitre himself was there dishing out ice cream.
I am already planning a return visit soon!

Reviewed May 24, 2016

The place is beautiful and open, you get a clear view of the workshop and where the magic happens.
It's not a restaurant but a chocolate shop and boy do they sell some good stuff. I can highly recommend that you get a cup of hot chocolate to go.
It's on the expensive side but quality doesn't come cheap.

Reviewed April 29, 2016

Oh. My. God. I remember getting to Belgium and thinking I had made a mistake visiting. We pushed on and made it to Frederic Blondeel and it truly saved the trip. Some of the most amazingly, smooth and rich chocolate I have had in my LIFE. Whatever your preference, everything is good. Eat your hearts fill because this chocolate is some of the best you will ever have.

Reviewed March 16, 2016 via mobile

Such a great little place. The chocolate was amazing and the service was great as well. They were extremely patient and helped me pick everything that I wanted, I even got a few samples for free.

Reviewed March 12, 2016

Beautiful to look at and amazing to taste, the chocolates in this shop were wonderful. The hot chocolate was a real treat. Because the shop is just off a major intersection where two other chocolatiers stand out, you might miss this hidden gem. Do look for it - it is smaller than some of the other shops and well worth the trip.