“Best place ever. Definitely put this on your must-see list!”
Review of Cantillon Brewery

Cantillon Brewery
Ranked #21 of 411 things to do in Brussels
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Discover the fabulous family brewery of the Cantillon Brewery, where Lambic, Gueuze and Kriek have been made since 1900. Also home to the Brussels museum of the Gueuze. Open from Monday till Saturday, except on Wednesday, from 10:00AM. Last entrance at 04:00PM (we close at 05:00PM)
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Love, love, love the Cantillon Brewery!

Open up the Cantillon Brewery's yellow doors, and inquire about the Brewery Tour. There, someone will explain to you all about the Brewery and the type of lambics they make there. Then they will give you a booklet with information about each process, and let you explore on your own (from rooms 1 to 8) to get an idea of the brewing process. I liked this compared to one of the guided brewery tours I took elsewhere, because you can do it at your own pace.

Once you are done, you will be handed two free glasses of their stuff to try.

Afterwards, you have the option of trying some others, and I definitely suggest it, as it is not too expensive and worth the price!

I had always wanted to try out their lambics because the bar in my city would have Zwanze Day each year, and by the time I arrived, their supply was already gone (people would line up beforehand for it). This allowed me to try a bottle of Zwanze from 2012, which was yummy, as well as try some of their other ones (I really liked Lou Pepe Framboise).

I was very happy to be able to bring some bottles back home with me to Montreal!

Thanks, Cantillon!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Not the easiest place to find in a slightly poor area but only a couple of minutes walk from Gare du Midi and didn't feel unsafe. Tucked away behind a large garage door made it feel exciting and mysterious.

Through the door greeted by a really friendly man on the reception who took our payment, gave us a leaflet and explained in really good English how the visit would work and a little about the brewery.

It is a self guided tour with numbers at key points explained in a leaflet, nice because you can go at your own pace. Lots to see and friendly staff are open to answering questions. We were encouraged to take photos and felt comfortable exploring. Unfortunately we didn't see any brewing, maybe because we arrived late in the day or maybe because brewing season is October to April which was a bit disappointing but not really a problem because there was still lots to see although half an hour to walk round was plenty.

The visit ended with a tasting of lambic and a choice of flavoured beers in the bar which was enjoyable. You can buy more beer at the bar, bottles to take away and souvenirs like T-shirts, hoodies, beer glasses and bags. I don't think they take cards so make sure you have plenty of cash.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I like beer, and I've done a lot of brewery tours. This is one of the best. It's a self-guided stroll through their working brewery and aging rooms, followed by some tastes of Cantillon's spectacular beers. It reeks of history and sour beer. This is tucked away in a gritty residential neighborhood, but well worth finding. Be patient with the proprietors -- they're literally running the brewery while handling tourists. It's worth the wait.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited the brewary on our weekend in Brussels. After initially finding it quite hard to find (its not super central and there are no signs to it) we had a very enjoyable visit. The self guided tour was very interesting, even for myself who isn't that much of a beer lover, and the pamphlet was informative. The price was great, especially as we got two different beers to try, one traditional base lambic and one of our choice - i tried the raspberry and it was lovely. All in all a good place to visit within walking distance of the grand place central area of Brussels.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

we found the brewery after a long , through not the bet part of town. the tour was very informative and we learned a lot about making the style of beer the sell, yeast less . I have been in the baking business for 40 heads and make bee at home , so I have some knowledge about brewing but the tour was fun.
However the beers are not to my liking so I would not drink them again, everyone's tastes are different just be ready for a very unique tasting,

mike