“Nice atmosphère, good food but a little bit too little, very good service”
Review of ERPURE - CLOSED

Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Brussels, Belgium
“Nice atmosphère, good food but a little bit too little, very good service”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

For a diner for 2, this restaurant offers nice food (quite fusion) with a very good service! The chef kok even came by, the desert was the best andost original ever eaten!
The plates are not a little too small, we could have eaten more!

Brussels
“Extremely dissappointing”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We visited this restaurant using a Groupon (yes, I know, my fault). The price was 59 euros offering two five course menus with a value of 130 euros. Essentially, all we got was the menu decouverte which costs 35 euros/person. A completely scam.

Yet even for the 30 euros/person, the menu was terrible value. It consisted of two small bites as amuse bouche (believe it or not, this was the first course). The second dish as a glass of watermelon soup and the final starter one (!!!) noix de st. jacques. The main course was a small piece of meat (80 grams) and the dessert a small icecream. Understandably, I was still starving after this five course menu.

The quality of the food was not terrible, though certainly not spectacular. The ginger on the noix de st. jacques was a good idea. The vegetable side dish next to the meat was good. The meat itself was well-prepared as well. The icecream was a bit a let down, because my sorbet was one big block of ice. I did not finish it.

The service was offensive. When we arrived the lady could not find my name in the reservations so I pointed to her where it was, after which she asked me to confirm my phone number in order to check whether I was actually that person. Welcome could have been better. We also immediately informed her that my partner has a scrimp allergy, yet (believe it or not) the amuse bouche was one scrimp in a bouillon soup. When I asked them to replace it, they said no, because they did not have others. This was nonsense, because they were also serving a la carte and gave other people other amuse bouches. Then I asked to take it back to the kitchen, he refused. He would only pick it up later. The waiters furthermore forgot to bring the red wine with the main course. When it finally arrived, the plates were cold.

Finally, the place itself desperately needs redecoration. It clearly lacks charm for what could have been a fancy classic Brussels house.

So apart from the Groupon letdown, the food, service and surroundings did not meet the basic benchmarks. For a place that normally charges 75-95 euros/person, this is a real shame.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank b12346
Brussels, Belgium
“Was expecting more”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Was really looking forward to going here but unfortunately was disappointed and not sure that I will be going back.
As already mentioned by other reviewers, the service is very slow. While the menu looks "innovative", it just didn't get it right for me. The combinations didn't work. The first two courses were completely over salted. The main course of duck was very tough and the plates went back unfinished which didn't seem to draw any reaction from the kitchen! When dessert arrived they had obviously been sitting in the kitchen for a while as the ice creams had completely melted!
The restaurant decor and terrace are great but unfortunately for the prices being charged the quality is not there.

• Visited May 2012