“Quick lunch service”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Duncan, South Carolina
“Quick lunch service”
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

I needed a quick lunch and was very pleased. Good selection, food was good and reasonably priced. There are a number of restaurant choices just up the street, but I noticed that the prices here were more reasonable.

• Greek first
Newport, United Kingdom
“Poor quality food and poor service”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Hi I know we visited New years eve and everywhere was busy and stressed, but the quality of my Assiette Gourmand for 24 euros was awful a giant plate of lettuce with tiny oyster advertised as gratinated but wasn't, missing the promised scampi and a a bowl of Creme brulee on the same plate that was curdled underneath, My partners Duck was good and the waitress was harrassed and unable to help with my complaints eventually got fed up of waiting for the supervisior so left 40 euros for the meal an underpayment of 6.5 euros they locked the door on us so gave in and offered another 2 finally let out out. really bad experience

• Visited December 2013
Brisbane Australia
“Quick Tasty Lunch”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Service prompt and pleasant food came quicly and was very tasty coffee excellent ss was beer.
even though it was new years day and the cafe extremely busy service was great as was the lass and gentleman that served us even though we could not speak the language.

• Visited January 2014
Vichy, France
“Very good”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I liked it a lot. Good food and good prices. Nice service. With my meal I ordered a "pamplemouse" natural juice, it was very good, specially considering that in europe and at this season it is really difficult to find a good natural juice.

• Visited November 2013
london
“Disappointing”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We went into Le Grand Cafe as it was very busy and looked like it had a good atmosphere.. Our first waiter was pleasant enough and we decided on a steak with peppercorn sauce and moulles avec vin blanc. The steak was poor with veins of fat running through it, and the mussells seemed very meagre and anaemic. Disappointing as when I compared it to other restaurants we had eaten in during our stay, it was really bad, over priced rubbish. The white wine sauce was not to my taste, i was expecting (perhaps naively?) it to be more creamy, instead it tasted very potent and I don't think the wine was cooked out enough and there was grit in the mussells. We told the manager who quite condescendingly asked what I expected with mussells in white wine - which I found astonishingly rude. It was ultimately quite embarrassing, so I would absolutely recommend you not to visit Le Grand Cafe and instead visit smaller, friendlier establishments that are available.

• Visited December 2013