“Quick Tasty Lunch”

Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Service prompt and pleasant food came quicly and was very tasty coffee excellent ss was beer.
even though it was new years day and the cafe extremely busy service was great as was the lass and gentleman that served us even though we could not speak the language.

There are newer reviews for Le Grand Cafe

Reviewed December 10, 2013

I liked it a lot. Good food and good prices. Nice service. With my meal I ordered a "pamplemouse" natural juice, it was very good, specially considering that in europe and at this season it is really difficult to find a good natural juice.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We went into Le Grand Cafe as it was very busy and looked like it had a good atmosphere.. Our first waiter was pleasant enough and we decided on a steak with peppercorn sauce and moulles avec vin blanc. The steak was poor with veins of fat running through it, and the mussells seemed very meagre and anaemic. Disappointing as when I compared it to other restaurants we had eaten in during our stay, it was really bad, over priced rubbish. The white wine sauce was not to my taste, i was expecting (perhaps naively?) it to be more creamy, instead it tasted very potent and I don't think the wine was cooked out enough and there was grit in the mussells. We told the manager who quite condescendingly asked what I expected with mussells in white wine - which I found astonishingly rude. It was ultimately quite embarrassing, so I would absolutely recommend you not to visit Le Grand Cafe and instead visit smaller, friendlier establishments that are available.

1  Thank charl2811
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I like the grand coffee a lot, I like the panoramic view and the very good service, it is realy nice to sit to read or to watch people in the street
tonight I decided to have dinner, so I asked for entrecote with sauce a poivre vert, the meat was very hard and not good at all
so I don't advise people to have meat in the grand coffee, besides the fact that it is expensive
I have to say that the service is always good and the environment is very friendly, but it is not good for food

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Le Grand Cafe is a very nice cafe in the downtown of Brussels; situated in the corner facing the famous "La Bourse" of Brussels. Sitting in the cafe you can have a very nice view of the main street in Brussels all the long of the day; In the morning, afternoon and in the evening. Waiters are very friendly and efficient