Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
5,882 results
All reviews panorama lounge deluxe panorama corner room great hotel free mini bar complimentary drinks nespresso machine nice room perfect stay modern hotel business trip avenue louise business hotel excellent location the grand place floor sauna
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The rooms are nice with a beautiful view. Very comfortable beds and good room size. The location is also good and most sights within walking distance. The restaurant is totally overpriced and the service pretty bad / inattentive.

Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Hotel-cmanager, Yvonne, Digital Experience Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback.

While I am happy to know that you appreciated the beautiful views which our hotel enjoys and that your stay was a comfortable one, I regret to read that your dining experience did not exceed your expectations. Thank you for bringing your concerns regarding our service to my attention as this gives us an opportunity to reflect and improve upon the services we provide to our valued guests like yourself. I would be pleased to discuss your concerns further. Please contact me at yvonne.ivanescu@thehotel.be.

We hope that this hasn’t put you off a return stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I cannot say anything about the rooms in this place because i did not get so far.the reception people in this place are as rude and nightmarish as possible. My wife‘s company booked a room for her and specified she would come with ber husband.when i came to the reception desk without my wife, i was told straight away i could not check in as i had a different name as my wife. There would be no way around except if my wife would send them an email with her id card attached. I told my wife to send an email even if i found it ridiculous. My wife did that although she had better things to do at 3 pm. I came back to the institution around 5 only to be rebuked again. They had no mail from my wife so check in.when i complained about this lack of helpfulness, i was told by a receptionist i would be thrown out if i did not behave. I left then and my wife came by half an hour later only to be told they had no means of trusting me. We then decided to spend the night somewhere else. I have travelled a lot but i have never ever met such rude, unhelpful and uneducated people, unworthy of being employed by a cheap railway hostel. They are a disgrace to this 4 Star tower , that i no longer want to call „hotel“ as they have no idea what hospitality means!

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled on business
Hotel-cmanager, Frederik Janssens at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Mr.Krieps,

We sincerely apologize for the poor experience you encountered and we fully understand how frustrating and disappointing this has been for you. After investigation, we understand that an e-mail has been sent to the general mail address of The Hotel Brussels, in which it has been requested to add your name to the booking made by your wife. Unfortunately this email had not received the reception staff in time before your arrival. As such the team at the front office was not in possession of the important information, which explains their enquiries upon your arrival. However, we fully accept this information should have been available at the reception desk and sincerely apologize for causing this inconvenient situation. As our Front Office team was not aware of your name and they did not find your name in the reservation, they applied our internal security procedure, that the guest under whose name the reservation has been made needs to be present at the moment of check-in. We sincerely apologize for the issue generated by missing the e-mail as it doesn’t represent the standard that we are aiming for. We would like to make up for the poor experience and would like to ask you to contact me by e-mail, Frederik.janssens@thehotel.be, in order to offer you an appropriate compensation and regaining your confidence in The Hotel Brussels.

Once more I apologize for the inconvenience we have caused and we sincerely look forward welcoming you back to The Hotel Brussels during your next stay in Brussels.

Frederik Janssens

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Just so it's clear, my review is not about a room, but about the experience I had yesterday, while attending a private conference followed by a walking dinner.
The meeting room was great with everything you need in terms of technologies. Beautiful views.
Walking dinner: the food was mediocre; service: not much better , with the exception of 2 or 3 waiters.
Would definitely not recommend it.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your visit.

While I am happy to know that you appreciated the beautiful views which our hotel enjoys, I regret to read that your dining experience did not exceed your expectations.

Your feedback is important as it identifies areas where me may make necessary changes in order to improve our services. Could you please contact me at yvonne.ivanescu@thehotel.be? I would welcome the opportunity to talk with you a bit further.

We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Brussels.

Reviewed January 7, 2020

Stayed at this hotel many times; from the entrance it's very elegant, you're greeted with many smiles from the porters and front desk; it feels like stepping into history. There's a popular cafe joined where many people sip coffees to watch the world go by. Outside road is now pedestrianised however you can grab taxi 50 metres away. No doubt some of these rooms need to modernised, last room I stayed was dated on 4th floor; bathroom was shabby however if you're lucky enough to grab a room which has been revamped result, you should ask on booking. Breakfast is good, extensive range. I want to give this hotel a better rating, love the location close to main shopping and tourist centre, bars and restaurants and if its that time of year Christmas markets. I'm a frequent traveller to Brussels, if hotel is a good rate then I stay, otherwise look for alternative there are many to choose from.

Date of stay: November 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Hotel-cmanager, Yvonne, Digital Experience Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Uk-Ada,
Thank you for having reviewed your stay.

It is always a pleasure for us to welcome a returning guest and we thank you for your kind compliments. We regret that your room didn't entirely meet your expectations on this occasion. We have taken good note of your comments in this regard and will use these for any future improvements. It is otherwise great to know that our location is so ideal for you and that you enjoyed our tasty breakfast, a great way to start the day.

We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Brussels.
Best wishes for the coming year,

Reviewed January 6, 2020

We had a good time and the team made sure we had a room connecting to the kids room.
The hotel was convenient for what we needed that one night. Thank you.
asldknadaskndlaskndlaskdnlaskndlaskdnlasndlknalsdnl

Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Hotel-cmanager, Yvonne, Digital Experience Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Akschr,
Thanks for positively commenting on your time at The Hotel, Brussels.

We are very glad that you had a good experience during your short stay with us and that we met your expectations. Your positive feedback inspires our team to continue upholding our high standards and to ensure our guests' needs are catered to.

We hope to see you again on a future occasion.
Best wishes,