“Great view of Brussels while being at the sauna on level 23” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Hotel - Brussels

The Hotel - Brussels
Ranked #17 of 200 Hotels in Brussels
Luxembourg, LU
“Great view of Brussels while being at the sauna on level 23”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

Very nice hotel, well located, we had a room on level 24 with a great panoramic view of Brussels.
Service has to be improved. We wanted to have brunch, there were tables left in the restaurant that we did not get...so we had a small snack at the bar. Afterwards we asked the maitre d'hotel and his explanation was "we had places left, but not enough food" (bizarre for a brunch).
Massages were not great.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

HotelBrusselsManager, Community Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Hieronimy S

Thank you for the feedback given in regards to your stay. We appreciate your comments, positive or negative. Our goal is 100% guest satisfaction and your feedback will certainly help us to achieve this goal.

My apologies for your inconvenience at brunch. I would like to investigate (internally) what happened, in order to fully understand the situation. If you have more information available, please don’t hesitate to share it with me via yves.frateur@thehotel.be.

Thank you for sharing your thought about the massages.

We hope to be able to welcome you in our beautiful city again.

The Hotel. Brussels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dusseldorf, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

The Hotel is one of the best places to stay in Brussels. It's located close to the Ministry of Law, an old noble building, which is in direct view line from the rooms on the west side.

The rooms are decorative and stylish. Everything is in black and white, with a large LED screen, a king size bed and huge windows. In our room was a couch directly in front of the window, which allowed to view a whole area of the city.

Breakfast was nice, but definitely not among excellent one's. Scrambled eggs were from bag, toast was sticky and the orange juice moldy. Diner was far better. We enjoyed the New Year's Eve diner at The Hotel - six courses of delicious creations. All together satifsy, but for good eaters, it might be a little to less.

SPA was a bit disappointing, totally overcrowded and somewhat uncleaned. There is one sauna with view on the city, barely enough for eight people. Additionally, there are two relaxation rooms and one steam sauna with a mentol infusion. Clearly more inviting is the gym. There are two sides with equipment (several treadmills, bycicles, etc), both share a great view on Brussels.

Overall, we can recommend The Hotel for a short trip to this beautiful city.

Room Tip: Try Deluxe Panorama Rooms or Suites. They're upstairs, giving the best view on the city.
Dear Stefan K

Thank you for taking your time to write a detailed and honest review about your stay in Brussels.

Our rooms can be described as a fashionable combination of design and comfort. I’m sure you loved the amazing view of the Brussels skyline that your room offers.

Thank for your feedback about the breakfast buffet. The breakfast concept was recently renewed, and your information is useful in order to further improve our healthy, local and biological breakfast. I’m pleased to read that the New Year’s Eve dinner at The Restaurant by Pierre-Balthazar sparked your culinary desires.

I’m sorry that your experience with The Urban Spa wasn't perfect. The Urban Spa is a famous facility of The Hotel, and we regularly receive positive feedback from our guests about it. My colleagues will check the Urban Spa area even more regularly during busy periods, to make sure that everything is orderly and clean. I’m delighted to hear that you found the fitness facility appealing.

Thank you very much for your recommendation. We hope to be able to welcome you again in our beautiful city.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stayed here between Christmas and New Year and it was a wonderful experience. On arrival we were given some information about local events that were going on at the moment and the reception staff gave some great advice on distance, when to visit tourist locations and prices.
We stayed in on the 21st floor and had wonderful views of the city. Our room was very clean and with a modern ambience. The massage shower, complimentary minibar and docking station were all great added extras. The bed was very comfortable and there was a voice of pillows.
Breakfast was of a good standard with a good range of quality items to choose from. For us the complimentary lounge was an added bonus during the cold weather, a great choice of drinks and a few nibbles too.
We cannot fault our stay at all, thank you.

Dear Sparelaxed

Thank you so much for your 5 star review. I’m humbled by the title of your review.

It’s great to read that you appreciated the information about local events and were charmed by your room on the 21th floor. I’m delighted to hear that this was also the case for the breakfast buffet and the Panorama Lounge.

Your compliment will certainly be shared with my colleagues. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch via yves.frateur@thehotel.be, so I can personalize your next stay in Brussels.

Amsterdam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

I enjoyed the great location of The Hotel - walking distance from everything - pleasant area.
The Room was very comfortable with a great view.
the breakfast was very complete and a feast - at the end of the day, the bar was a lively place. The candies in the lobby were delicious!!
The staff members were very helpful, accommodating and very friendly.
Could not have picked a better hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Asha A

Thank you for your lovely words & pictures. It’s fantastic to read that you liked your room, adored the breakfast buffet and enjoyed the lively bar. I’m glad you discovered the yummy candies in the lobby. Did you know you can take the candy up to your room in the little candy bags?

My colleagues will certainly appreciate your thoughts about the guest service and The Hotel.

I do hope we get to welcome you back again soon.

Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

Welcome to The Hotel, Brussels said the TV screen. I took a good look around the room and saw the most amazing Sofa niche under the window. White sofa with a black table, sun shining onto the sofa inviting me ... was almost a pity I had to go out. Came back and I put the lights on ..ooh the sofa niche ... this time I sat down - aah. Well worth the wait. Other facilities, excellent.

Room Tip: I liked the sunny room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Katherine

It seems that you really fell in love with our sofa niche. I can fully understand that! :-)
Thank you so much for your 5 star review and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Hotel.

Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Excellent hotel in Brussels, Waterloo avenue. Very quiet, comfortable and well equipped. Good WiFi connections for free. We also highlight the very good breakfast buffet and the very efficient check-out.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Swiss_Traveller_1975

Thank you for your lovely review. I am happy to read you highlighted our breakfast buffet and our efficient check-out.

I hope we may welcome you again to The Hotel in the future.

Guyancourt, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

My boyfriend and I staid in the Superior room for a night on a romantic week-end in Brussels and thanks to the Hotel it had been wonderful. First because of the comfort of the room, the design, the incredible view, the furnished breakfast, the services and also the welcoming staff!!
We'd recomand it for sure!

If I had just one negative thing to say, that would be that the rooms are not very good isolated. You can be given a room where the wind is so loud that it would be hard to sleep, but as I was saying the staff is so carring that they would give you another one until you find the right one!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

HotelBrusselsManager, Community Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear Françoise M

Thank you for your lovely review of your romantic stay in The Hotel. Our rooms do combine a comfortable design with an incredible view. I’m pleased that our fresh, local & biological breakfast charmed you. My colleagues will appreciate your kind words about their service, thank you for sharing this!

I’m sorry to hear that you were inconvenienced by the strong winds we recently had in Brussels. However, it does me great pleasure to hear that my helpful colleagues found a solution for you.
I hope to welcome you again to The Hotel for your next trip to Brussels.