“A Stylish Hotel, but Some Shortcomings for Business”

The Hotel - Brussels
Ranked #17 of 198 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed November 17, 2013

The hotel has been renovated recently and the lobby and rooms are beautiful; very up-to-date and stylish. The views from the rooms are spectacular, even from lower floors. The breakfast area is very nice, if a bit too small when then hotel is busy; however, it is odd that they do not use an upper floor with a view for breakfast, or a lounge. The Hotel is a bit far from the Grand Place, but close to the Sablon area. For leisure travel, this should be a top choice. For business, however, there are some drawbacks: the wi-fi is slow, there is no business center (for printing, etc), there is no desk in the rooms, and getting a taxi is a chaotic process (there are often none waiting, so leave extra time). There is also a very strong perfume pumped into the hallways; not at all subtle. Although they advertise having massage/salon, actually you make an appointment and they call someone in from outside the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
HotelBrusselsManager, Community Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear tombat,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us, this is much appreciated. I'm delighted that you like our new layout, as much as we do ;-)

Breakfast is indeed served in The Restaurant on the ground floor, but when you book a Deluxe Panorama (Corner) Room, or one of our Suites you may also enjoy breakfast in our Panorama Lounge on the 24th floor during weekdays, and the view there is really as amazing as you can read in our reviews.

With regards to the drawbacks you mention for business:

- recently we indeed experienced some speed issues with our WiFi but in the meanwhile this has been solved by our IT department
- there is no official business center, but we communicate in the lobby how guests can print and there is also the possibility to loan a laptop at reception
- instead of a desk in the room we opted for a flexible table that can be used both to work on with a laptop, as well as for breakfast on bed

Since we are mainly a business hotel the number of requests that we receive for massages is rather limited, and therefor we work together with a specialized wellness company.

I hope that this information will convince you to stay with us again in the future, and I look forward to welcoming you back.

There are newer reviews for The Hotel - Brussels

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Need of business accommodation in the busy city Brussel in an average budget.
Found the Hotel, always knowing that hotel already from the sight view of Brussels, and now booked.
1 night stay but my impression was amazing.
Welcome and reception handling very skilled and friendly (even it was already late in the evening).
Hotel room, 22nd floor, with great panorama view (not corner) and 'lounge' decoration. Even that is maybe not your style, after a short time, you like every corner of your room.
Understood that drinks in bar are included, Nespresso machine, ... everything is there.
Sleep quality is very good.
Breakfast was taken at 24th floor with a wakening Brussels.
Check-out OK.
Definitely, I go back ! This hotel is a decovery for me in a very good budget (taken into account the price with breakfast, room, ....)
PS: If I can add one small small remark, as a lot of business people are requesting an invoice including a VAT number for Accounting/Tax reason, apparently not all reception crew members know that "field" in the invoice system yet, so a danger of queuing...

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear djdave,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am pleased to hear that you had a great stay with us, and are coming back in the future! Also thank you for the tip related to the VAT number. Recently we expanded our front office team, so it is very helpful for us to know that we should address this specific topic in our trainings.

Looking forward to welcoming you back for your next stay!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

My jaw dropped as soon as my husband and I entered our room on 21st floor. The first thing you see is a huge window dominating the room, and the amazing panoramic view of Brussels! We really loved how comfortable and welcoming the room was decorated with free minibar and a Nespresso machine. We had access to the Panoramic Lounge (complimentary with our room) on the 24th floor where you can enjoy coffee, drinks and little bites to eat. I thought it was a really nice touch.
We also tried the Restaurant downstairs for an evening meal, which was absolutely delicious! The hotel itself is only a 2 minute walk from the nearest metro station, so it was very easy to explore the city & nearby restaurants.
I would 100% recommend this hotel to everyone who is looking to stay in Brussels.

Room Tip: It is definitely worth paying extra for a Panoramic room with access to the lounge.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear JMH12345,

Thank you for your kind recommendation & the lovely picture that you shared of our view. I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your diner at The Restaurant, and I will pass on your nice comments to our team at The Restaurant.

We are certainly lucky to be located so close to shops, restaurants & public transportation which makes it perfect for couples and corporate travelers alike.

I truly hope you will stay with us again in the future, and look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

"The Hotel" is a fantastic, modern hotel. I enjoyed my stay so much and i really had a great time from my room, at the spa area, at the lounge and at the restaurant. If i will ever visit Brussels again, "The Hotel" will be the place where i will stay for sure.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Melikerem,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Hotel and for giving us such a glowing review!
I really enjoyed reading that you think of us as a perfect place to stay in Brussels, and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

It was my first time ever visiting Brussels from London via Eurostar and I have no idea where I will stay nor how do I get about nor anything about Brussels. All I know is that I am going there to buy chocolate and have no expectation whatsoever of the place.
The Hotel (as it is called) is literally 6 mins by taxi from Eurostar station or you can take the Metro to Porte de Namur and it's a 3 mins walk from station entrance. As I checked in upon arrival (about 10.20am) I was surprised that it is "allowed" ! The receptionist (no name tag but a lady) was very sweet to tell me what I have booked via booking.com. (that's all you get from reception) In my mind, I just want to drop everything in the hotel and start going around.... cluelessly. The hotel has 27 floors at Level 23 is the SPA/gym area. I thought to myself - I don't have time for that! I was given the mid floor and as I entered the room, despite the ledge being broken, no dustbin in sight other than in the bathroom (had water bottles to throw), I was "allowed" minibar consumption! (One coke, two bottles of water, one bottle of lemonade & a can of beer. I skip the coke & beer) There was even a Nespresso coffee machine!!! As I worked in the hotel industry, I was impressed with the bathroom sanitary wares and accessories provided - classy for a 4 star hotel! I then left the hotel and went shopping.
After 5 hours, I was exhausted and heading back to hotel and decided to try out "The Restaurant" Three chefs from France, Italy & Thailand collaborated with the Hotel's chef to create the Classic & Creative dish. You can choose from Classic and creative preparation from appetizer then starter to main and desert. The prices are very reasonable and ambience is nice.... really nice...
I have a very pampered taste buds and hence my expectations are very high - no matter where I eat.. including street hawkers. The restaurant manager knows the menu very well and give very clear introduction of the dishes. She serve with a smile even on a 80% full house.
After all the shopping and dining I decided to book a massage at the SPA. It was a great experience! You will have a full view of "sleeping" Brussels at 8am and it's.... a treat.

I would highly recommend a short stay in The Hotel - I was there for one night only. It cost only 98euro per night. The street alongside The Hotel has all the top brands and from hotel, if you take a 10 mins walk you will see cathedral and the many museums. If you pursue further its the Square where 14 century buildings were build and where you can find the authentic Belgium food, beer, history, chocolate, music... you name it. Or you can take the Metro to centrale and walk about there. As long as you have a map and ask around you won't get lost.

If I go back to Brussel, I won't stay anywhere else even though no other staffs were friendly and helpful like the two I encounter.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank aprilnyeo

Dear aprilnyeo,

What a flattering review! Thank you so much for your kind recommendation for both Business & Leisure guests. Your detailed feedback will definitely help guests that are thinking about staying at The Hotel.

I'm delighted to read that your overall stay was good, and that you really enjoyed your The Restaurant experience. I will share your feedback with our reception team & Juliette from The Restaurant, and I'm sure that just like me, they will appreciate it very much!

Looking forward to welcoming you back to The Hotel for your next visit to Brussels.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I used The Hotel for my business trip but would stay there for leisure as well. Check in was smooth and quick. The room and bathroom were smart and modern, well appointed and clean. A large sofa the width of the room was handy and made the room look spacious. The bed was nice and comfortable with comfy pillows and cushions. Good and flexible lighting controls. The TV had a great variety of international channels. Breakfast was a bit limited in variety and average at best, though, would have expected more choice. Would recommend and visit again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
HotelBrusselsManager, Community Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear DavJo12

I’m glad that you recommend The Hotel both for business & leisure purposes. It’s great to read that our reception team checked you in smoothly, and that you enjoyed the room features.

With regards to the breakfast: we are are working on a different concept which will be implemented by the end of November.

Thank you very much for your recommendation. I look forward to welcoming you to The Hotel again.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed 2 nights in a Deluxe Panorama Suite and were were wowed! The room was stunning. We loved the sitting area, including the long sofa to admire the views, the bar and the large television. The bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom, massive. I'm not sure I've ever seen such a large shower, in particular, such a large rainfall shower head. We loved the high-tech aspects of the room - all of the lights and blinds are controlled by digital pads located around the room and it was great to wake up in the morning and raise the shades from bed by the touch of a button. The room was spotless and decorated perfectly with the use of white with dark accents. The views from the higher floors are fantastic.
We had a complimentary mini bar stocked with both still and sparkling water, beer, wine, coke and lemonade. We also had access to the Panorama lounge which had a selection of drinks (alcohol & non) which was nice but because our room on the 20th floor had great views and the sitting area, we often chose to enjoy our nightcaps there. Breakfast was also included in our stay and it was a pretty standard buffet style meal.
We found the staff to be efficient and helpful. My husband remarked that it was the best check-in he has ever encountered. The location of the hotel is great - easy walking distance to the Grand Place and other tourist spots as well as Grand Sablon which has a lot of shops and restaurants.
We really enjoyed our stay here and would most certainly book The Hotel again should we return to Brussels.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi JJReid1030

I’m flattered by your 5 star review & your kind words.

The Deluxe Panorama room is indeed stunning. I’m pleased that you enjoyed the many facilities of the room, such as the large rainfall shower, the available high-tech & the room design. The view over Brussels really is amazing and I’m happy to read that you admired it plenty during your stay.

It will be my pleasure to share your review with my colleagues. I’m sure the entire The Hotel Team will appreciate your feedback related to the service we offer.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to The Hotel.

PS: Thank you very much for adding the lovely pictures!