“Excellent Place to Stay in Brussels” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Hotel - Brussels

The Hotel - Brussels
Ranked #16 of 200 Hotels in Brussels
Stavanger, Norway
“Excellent Place to Stay in Brussels”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed 2 nights in a Deluxe Panorama Suite and were were wowed! The room was stunning. We loved the sitting area, including the long sofa to admire the views, the bar and the large television. The bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom, massive. I'm not sure I've ever seen such a large shower, in particular, such a large rainfall shower head. We loved the high-tech aspects of the room - all of the lights and blinds are controlled by digital pads located around the room and it was great to wake up in the morning and raise the shades from bed by the touch of a button. The room was spotless and decorated perfectly with the use of white with dark accents. The views from the higher floors are fantastic.
We had a complimentary mini bar stocked with both still and sparkling water, beer, wine, coke and lemonade. We also had access to the Panorama lounge which had a selection of drinks (alcohol & non) which was nice but because our room on the 20th floor had great views and the sitting area, we often chose to enjoy our nightcaps there. Breakfast was also included in our stay and it was a pretty standard buffet style meal.
We found the staff to be efficient and helpful. My husband remarked that it was the best check-in he has ever encountered. The location of the hotel is great - easy walking distance to the Grand Place and other tourist spots as well as Grand Sablon which has a lot of shops and restaurants.
We really enjoyed our stay here and would most certainly book The Hotel again should we return to Brussels.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HotelBrusselsManager, Community Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Hi JJReid1030

I’m flattered by your 5 star review & your kind words.

The Deluxe Panorama room is indeed stunning. I’m pleased that you enjoyed the many facilities of the room, such as the large rainfall shower, the available high-tech & the room design. The view over Brussels really is amazing and I’m happy to read that you admired it plenty during your stay.

It will be my pleasure to share your review with my colleagues. I’m sure the entire The Hotel Team will appreciate your feedback related to the service we offer.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to The Hotel.

PS: Thank you very much for adding the lovely pictures!

The Hotel. Brussels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Washington, US
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

I inadvertently booked a room at the hotel on my flight day. I, of course, didn't arrive until the next day since it was an overseas flight. When I checked in, they asked me about it, and I realized the mistake I made. The person didn't make a big deal out of it. When I went to check out, I was billed for that extra night. I understand there was a conference there, but in all my travels over the last 20 years, I have never had this happen. Very disappointed. I marked the "value" terrible because this cost more than I expected. I will be going back to Brussels in two weeks, and won't consider staying there. You've lost a customer.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

HotelBrusselsManager, Community Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Hi Denise A,

Unfortunately we can't refund you for the 1st night since you booked via a travel agency instead of directly via The Hotel. However I will get in touch with you to find a solution, and I truly hope we may welcome you again for your next visit to Brussels!

Warm regards,

Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

I am only commenting on the newly refurbished bar at The Hotel Brussels.

The look of it is just stunning. Absolutely stunning. Very contemporary while luxurious and lush at the same time. You feel like entering another world.

The drinks work well but are on the expensive side (but it's a hotel so it makes sense).

What I think is great about the bar is their (limited) selection of lunch dishes and absolutely stunning tapas. For instance, you can have a carpaccio of scallop or a marinated oyster. The dishes are very small (as intended to) and on the expensive side as well. However they taste great and display genuine craftsmanship by the kitchen crew!

Cudoz!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HotelBrusselsManager, Community Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Twolawyersandlouis,

Thank you so much for your excellent review about The Bar. I'm delighted to read that you appreciated the look and atmosphere, and hope we may welcome you back soon!

Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

If you planning a trip to Brussels, THEHotel is a must!

A great stay at an amazing hotel with awesome views!

Excellent location with easy to use transport links!

Clean, well designed and maintained.

Thanks to all the staff, will definitely visit again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Mo,

Thank you so much for the 5 star review on behalf of the entire The Hotel Team!
Reviews like these are of course our favourites ;-)

I do hope we get to welcome you back to The Hotel soon!

Warm regards,

Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

I have stayed here two years ago and now I was very surprised when I had saw a completely new look of the room. I loved the moving mirror between room and bathroom. Very nice window screens and cosy sofa with pillows, but there are several "buts"... Pity there is no access to open windows now. The sink has bad connection with the pipe so a puddle is formed every time after using it in the room 306. And water was flowing from under the door of the shower room. Also it was cold there, maybe because of corner windows, I felt literally how the air was moving back and forth.
Nevertheless I had pleasure to stay here again and hope to stay in the future during next Labelexpo exhibition.
And I never forget the most impressive thing! New restaurant is amazing! Menu on iPad and all that stuff about three chiefs and many style of cooking. Very creative!
P.S. But eggs for extra charge at breakfast is not very good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Shoorin,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay at The Hotel.
Your feedback is valuable to us, and I can assure you that it will be addressed.

I'm pleased to read that you would like to stay with us again in the future!
We look forward to welcoming you back.

UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

First time here as I decided to snub the Sofitel for their poor customer service.
The good:
1.Great room, albeit on the small side.
2.Very clean, bright and well laid out.
3.Some Good staff
4.Free mini bar with coke, water and 2 mini bottles of wine !!
5. The corner room is great because you get views two ways
The bad:
1. Some staff. When a customer Is checking in and the phone rings - keep your attention with the customer in front of you. Do not get distracted and then deal with someone else. Let one of the other 3 staff answer the phone...and there was at least one doing nothing!!!
2.The gym above the room!! I beg you CHECK IF YOUR ROOM IS BENEATH THE GYM !!! I did not know this and at 1015pm....not an unreasonable time to try to get to sleep, especially mid week, I was kept awake by the constant thud of someone on the running machine. I experienced this recently at the Domincan and know I know that noise anywhere. It was supposed to stop at 1030 but it kept going to 1045. I complained again and it stopped shortly before 11pm...NOT GOOD.

To the Manger.
1. Ask someone each night to take a walk to the gym at 1020pm and tell customers the gym is closing in 10min...then close it on time. It is clearly stated the gym closes at 1030pm and so customers must know this when they go in but they also need to respect other customers in the hotel.
2. You should be aware you're placing a customer beneath a gym and if you have another room put them there first before they complain and use the room beneath the gym as a last resort. I surely can't be the only person who has experienced this.
The reception were good and did offer to find another room - unlike the Sofitel!! or The Dominican. My mistake was believing the gym would close on time...and naively thinking someone won't use the gym at 600am the next morning...WRONG - they did..Ughh!!

Dear justbruce,

First of all I would like to apologize for the experience you encountered; I can assure you that this will be adressed to our management for follow-up.

I'm delighted that you liked our rooms, and if you would be staying with us again in the future please don't hesitate to get in touch with me directly so I can make your next stay a memorable one.

Santiago, CL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

Desk attention, services and room, very good. Location close to most important sites, you can reach it walking.
Restaurant service would be better, it seems it objective is not tuned with others hotel´s services.
So happy with orientation if you need some information at concierge.

Dear Jose C,

Thank you for your contribution to our TripAdvisor page. It is so pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay. If you have additional feedback to share related to your experience at The Restaurant please don't hesitate to drop me an email via Yves.Frateur@thehotel.be, I would appreciate this very much.