“A pleasant honeymoon”

Ranked #16 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
A TripAdvisor Member
“A pleasant honeymoon”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We really enjoyed our honeymoon stay in the Hotel. Everything was perfect. The room was perfectly clean everyday, you are only 15-20 minutes walk distance from the Grand Place (the road to the Grand Place goes through beautiful park and quite clean streets with good stores where you can buy chocolates and etc.). We stayed in a Deluxe Panorama Room on 24th floor. The view was wonderful. You also have access to Panorama lounge where you can have breakfast. Excellent price/quality ratio! Do not hesitate visiting this hotel!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

HotelBrusselsManager, DotCom Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear,

Thank you so much for the lovely review and the recommendation! I am pleased that you enjoyed your honeymoon at The Hotel, and hppe you will be back to celebrate your anniversaries as well;-)

The Hotel. Brussels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Berne, CH
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Great location, very clean and up to date. Perfect! but windows can't be opened, the air con is so-so, so no sleep was posdible for me. The reception , supposed to be trendy, is just hortibly dark! you need a flash light! More seriously, it is understaffed and it is very irritating that staff have to answer the phone while checing in/out. Room price is fine, every thing else ridiculously expensive for Belgium.

Dear Gustav S,

Thank you for sharing feedback following your recent stay. The layout of the lobby is of course subject to taste. We have a lot of guests that really like the style & atmosphere.

I am disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations in a couple of areas, which have been addressed to the team. If you encountered difficulties with the airconditioning in your room I would appreciate it if you could share this with me via kelly.wouters@thehotel.be allowing me to follow-up. Please do remember that our team is available 24/7 to address any issues you may have - and make it up to you so you can enjoy the remainder of your stay.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed October 3, 2013

For the level of their services and room combination at the begining, I will rate it about 3.5~4. In the very beginning, they closed one front desk check-in counter with 10 people still lining up. This was not good and cost themselves 1~1.5 stars.

And, it is our company's summit meetings events in Brussels. Even though there are maybe only around 100+ rooms booked from us, they should still take care of us. We may not stay forever for the hotel. However, everything happened to us will travel. They also gave me a special 2 single beds room instead of queen size bed room that all my coworkers have.

THE MOST RIDICULOUS THING HAPPENED just after I came back with coworkers at night. My luggage was taken out of the room. 2 other people took my room. How could this happen to any hotels in the world? 2 other people touched my luggage and found my name card. It was amazing that one hotel can do such thing. This behavior took them all the stars.

THE MOST AMAZING THING HAPPENED again. The front desk told me that they have no more 1 queen size bed room for me. They put me to another even worse 2 single beds room. After I negotiate with the manager, I got a upgrade. I never never never treated by any hotels like this before. As a gold elite of Hilton, silver elite of Marriott, silver elite of Hyatt, platinum elite of IHG, diamond elite of Best Western, platinum elite of choice hotels, gold elite of emirates, and so on. IHG usually automatically upgrade me 2 levels up (Niagara Falls Hilton). Marriott usually upgrade me to best room of top floor with living room, kitchen, ... (Hotel Bureaux)

When IHG hotel (intercontinetal hotels, crowne plaza, holiday inn...) made a mistake. They upgrade me to the best room of their hotel with extra points and treatment. Like the holiday inn yellowstone. They can't give me my king size bed room because they gave the hotel room to a wrong person. However, they didn't compel the previous hotel guest out. They gave me a high price room with 3 queen beds in 2 rooms... I mean...come on, is there anyone trained here in this hotel?????

Room Tip: Try to do some note so that they won't give a room to 3 people.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank PhotoTrekkerWalomi
HotelBrusselsManager, DotCom Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear ypwalter,

I am very disappointed to read your review following your recent stay with us, and I can only say that we are truly sorry for your experience.

Everything that you experienced should not have happened. Mistakes should not occur but when they do, they should be dealt with appropriately and with our guest's interest first in mind.
Your issue will be brought to our management's attention and all details will be reviewed in order to adapt our customer experience and satisfaction standards.
The importance of delivering a personalised experience is key for our hotel and we want our guests to feel at home.

Next to that I will personally get in touch with you to keep you informed, and I hope you will allow me to try to make it up to you.

My sincere apologies on behalf of the entire The Hotel Team.

Mechelen, Belgium
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We were given a free upgrade because it was our honeymoon and it turned out they didn't have standard rooms with a double bed available.
Also the restaurant, although not cheap, was great.
The entire experience was just great - thank you very much.
What a view!!!
And a very special thank you to Enal, the receptionist.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Edwin,

Congratulations with your wedding! I'm delighted to read that we offered you a great honeymoon experience. I will pass on your kind message to Enal, I'm sure he will be delighted to read it as well!

Looking forward to welcoming you back for your 1st wedding anniversary;-) Please don't hesitate to get in touch with me via kelly.wouters@thehotel.be so we can make it a memorable one...

Laval, Canada
Reviewed October 3, 2013

while the rooms here are certainly modern and beautiful,the designers missed the mark in the bathrooms.there is inadequate space around the sink to put any products down that you may need,the sink itself,while beautiful,causes water to splash everywhere around the sink and onto the mirro.The makeup mirror does not move up and down nor pull towards you,there are no towel bars so you must leave your towel on the edge of the bathtub or sink in order for it to be within reach when you finish your shower.There are no grab bars so getting in and out of the tub can be very slippery and dangerous.Even the nice glasses they provide in the bathroom are actually hard to hold due to their large rounded bottom and in danger of being dropped and then shatter on the tile floor.While these may sound like small things they do add up to a less than pleasant experience.As well there are none of the usual information booklets about the surrounding area you usually find in better hotels nor any information on how to use the phone.The control panels by the bed to control lights and curtains are a nice touch as is the nespresso machine- though refills were not provided until requested- good service would make this automatic each time the room is made up.

Room Tip: if you want a good sleep try to stay on as high a floor as possible because traffic noise is constan...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear ladymax2,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts following your recent stay with us.
I think you have provided us with some useful insights related to the closed bathrooms.

With regards to the information we offer in our guest rooms: we do have informative booklets in all the rooms, nicely presented in a box. For our tech savvy guests we also offer an application accessible both on the TV in the room as on smart phones containing our recommendations related to Brussels including restaurants, galleries, and much more. To be honest I'm a bit surprised about the comment related to our phones since they are very intuitive to use, and the device itself clearly mentions all the possibilities and what to do to request a wake-up call, be in touch with Housekeeping and so on. I truly hope that besides the above you enjoyed your stay at The Hotel, and in Brussels!

BE
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Absolutely gorgeous views, location and service. I stayed at Panorama Suite and I was extremely satisfied with overall experience! I was not even aware that the Panorama Lounge was included so I was pleasently surprised :)
Highly recommended!

Dear Tuomo B,

From your review it seems that you had the experience we are aiming for. Thank you so much for your review. I hope we may welcome you again soon!

New York City, New York
Reviewed October 3, 2013

the hotel is beautiful and it could not be in a better location.
However, the entire hotel reaked of perfume, I am still sick from it. I think they spray everything with perfume, there was a mist in the air that you can actually see. All the soaps and creams were perfumed, it was horrible.
The beds only have a bottom sheet, I had to keep calling down for top sheets and having to put it on myself.
I had to call housekeeping several times for the free amenities.

Dear Travelgirl 283,

I'm sorry to read that our perfume influenced your stay that much. We only recently implemented it, and the first dosage was quite intense and we immediately took action and lowered the dosage.

With regards to the beds I must say that I am surprised because all our beds are fully equipped with luxurious bed linnen. Next to that C.O. Bigelow amenities are available in the room upon arrival. Would it be possible to drop me an email via kelly.wouters@thehotel.be with your reservation details so I can look into this?

Thank you in advance!