“Fantastic hotel”

The Hotel - Brussels
Ranked #15 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Fantastic hotel in great location for shopping but also for transport links. Panorama Corner rooms offer wonderful views over Brussels and every little detail is thought of in the rooms. Very modern hotel with high quality features to make your stay enjoyable

Room Tip: Go for a Corner Panorama room - great finishing touches and a fantastic view day or night.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MilnesofFife
HotelBrusselsManager, DotCom Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Dear MilnesofFife,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us in one of our Deluxe Panorama Corner rooms. I am delighted you were pleased with all facets of your stay, and hope we see you again soon!

The Hotel. Brussels

Write a ReviewReviews (4,931)

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We already did it twice: stay at The Hotel for one night, and it's such a pleasure! The rooms up in the air are magic, you relax and enjoy the view of Brussels. Right in the nice neigbourhod of Louisa we enjoyed shopping in the afternoon, relaxing at the hotel and a late movie at the cinema just on the other side of the road.
Food and service are great, just ask duty manager Saad, he'll take good care of you.

Room Tip: Take the executive lounge package so you can snack and have a drink all day with a view
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GVH186
HotelBrusselsManager, DotCom Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear GVH186,

Thank you for your lovely review following your two The Hotel experiences.

It's very pleasing to read that all your expectations were met, and that you were thrilled with your stay. I will be sure to share this feedback with The Hotel Team, and especially with Saad;-)

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were here on July 29th, 2013 on a Globus tour traveling around Europe for a month. We did not book this hotel; Globus does everything for us. We enjoyed our stay here for one nigh. My wife remarked how it looked modern and the food was delicious upstairs. We went to the top to eat our dinner and have our breakfast. There was lots of selection and it was all very yummy...fish, chocolate desserts, bread and our Stella. We thought the beds were going to be two singles (which I guess they were); however, they were places together to form a double, so it was fine for my wife and I. Covers were warm and my wife woke up sweaty albeit AC was on low. She liked the warm covers anyways. I thought the view from our room was great as it overlooked the city. My favorite as always is the FREE WI-FI. I don't know the cost of this room as it was part of our tour, but free Wi-Fi is what I live by....hahaha! Even it's put into the cost of the room, not having to pay for Wi-Fi should be part of the deal for every hotel or motel. Out of the 3 stays we've been at (Hilton and Mercure in Amsterdam) this one so far is the best one. Also it's close to a lot of stores and easy to walk around in the area which my wife and I decided to check out.

Room Tip: Obviously the higher up, the more of the city you'll be able to see!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelBrusselsManager, DotCom Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Jay D,

Thank you for your 5-Star Review, those are my favourites ;-) I'm really glad to read that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us, and hopefully we may welcome you again in the future!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

It offers a great combination of panoramic city views, top quality service, high level of comfort in a very accessible location.

The rooms are comfortable, with a modern and crisp design and definitely, thoughtfully laid out, with high quality fixtures and fittings. We especially liked and appreciated the blackout curtain which drops down from the top of the windows, the positioning of the sofa along the window and the high tech light switches. The free wifi in the room is a huge advantage.

The breakfast area on the 26th floor offers stunning views of the city, yet it feels more like a business/conference room rather than a dining area. I understand that it is only a temporary measure until the renovation works are completed. It offers a good selection of hot and cold breakfast options with a Nespresso machine and to be honest I wouldn’t ask for anything more on a business trip.

We travelled with an older couple who preferred the previous look of the hotel and did not appreciate the design simplicity of the renovation. I disagree and hope to stay here again after the renovation is completed. Definitely recommending this hotel to others.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear sunnycy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this great review about your stay at The Hotel. I am delighted to read that you would like to visit us again once the renovations are finished. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with me directly kelly.wouters@thehotel.be for your next visit.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I have been to The Hotel twice and it's awesome. The rooms are very modern with a great view over the city. The higher in the hotel the better the view. During the day, but especially at night. It's worth setting your alarm just to look out of the window in the middle of the night.

Before you book become their facebook friend. It gives you a better rate and they give you something extra during your stay.

Room Tip: Go as high as possible. You get a better view and you can have breakfast at the 26th floor.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
HotelBrusselsManager, DotCom Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear Tjorven,

Thank you very much that you took the time to write a review, I appreciate that very much and look forward to welcoming you again to The Hotel!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

The views are fan-tas-tic, but you know that already, I guess. The room on the 24th floor was nice, well lit and the bed very comfortable. The WC glass door is not noise resistant. Unfortunately, our room had just one set of towels and the "design shower" does leak slightly on the floor. The shower products save the situation, though. Breakfast? I recommend you skip it. The breakfast room may be on the highest floor, but it is anything but cosy and the food selection is rather basic (one kind of raclette-style cheese in super-thick slices)... it actually makes you rather feel like grabbing a bite before a business conference. Definitely not worth the money. Enjoy your breakfast instead at the always yummy Pain Quotidien (within walking distance: avenue Louise 124, Ixelles, or even closer rue des Sablons 11, Centre).

Room Tip: Corner room on the highest floor possible, with a north-east view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelBrusselsManager, DotCom Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Sunny_March,

Thank you for your feedback! While I wish your experience would have been flawless, it is feedback like yours that helps us to improve and I'm very grateful you reached out.

With regards to the breakfast: as of September the experience will be totally different!
Breakfast is only temporary served in a buffet formula on the 26th floor; this floor is in fact a Meeting Room floor so your remarks definitely make sense. The Hotel has been undergoing a complete refurbishment, and we are almost finished. We are just awaiting the opening of our brand new restaurant and bar which will take place in September. I hope that you will visit us again, and that when you do you will recommend our breakfast as well as our view;-)

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Last week for business I was fortunate to be accommodated at The Hotel in Brussels.
What a wonderful hotel this was!
From the minute that I walked in it was like stepping into a little oasis of calm, the atmosphere was very relaxing and smoothing.
I was really thrilled when I arrived at my room - on the 22nd floor - the view was amazing!
It had every convenience you could possibly want and the decoration was lovely.
The most important things when you travel a lot are a comfortable bed and a good shower - this room was faultless on this, the bed felt very comfy and the shower was one of the best I have experienced.
I used the gym twice and each time found it very clean, it was very well equipped and once more took in the brilliant views of Brussels - a real bonus when you don't really want to be exercising!
Although I only ate breakfast in the hotel it was well laid out, and everything was extremely fresh and healthy, with marvellous views once again from the restaurant.
All in all I could not fault this hotel and only wish I had longer than two nights there!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
HotelBrusselsManager, DotCom Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear lizm54,

Thanks a million for your 5 star review! I've shared it with our team as I'm convinced that reviews like yours make our team even more motivated to provide an excellent guest experience!