“Enjoy the view & skip the breakfast”

The Hotel - Brussels
Ranked #15 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The views are fan-tas-tic, but you know that already, I guess. The room on the 24th floor was nice, well lit and the bed very comfortable. The WC glass door is not noise resistant. Unfortunately, our room had just one set of towels and the "design shower" does leak slightly on the floor. The shower products save the situation, though. Breakfast? I recommend you skip it. The breakfast room may be on the highest floor, but it is anything but cosy and the food selection is rather basic (one kind of raclette-style cheese in super-thick slices)... it actually makes you rather feel like grabbing a bite before a business conference. Definitely not worth the money. Enjoy your breakfast instead at the always yummy Pain Quotidien (within walking distance: avenue Louise 124, Ixelles, or even closer rue des Sablons 11, Centre).

Room Tip: Corner room on the highest floor possible, with a north-east view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelBrusselsManager, DotCom Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Sunny_March,

Thank you for your feedback! While I wish your experience would have been flawless, it is feedback like yours that helps us to improve and I'm very grateful you reached out.

With regards to the breakfast: as of September the experience will be totally different!
Breakfast is only temporary served in a buffet formula on the 26th floor; this floor is in fact a Meeting Room floor so your remarks definitely make sense. The Hotel has been undergoing a complete refurbishment, and we are almost finished. We are just awaiting the opening of our brand new restaurant and bar which will take place in September. I hope that you will visit us again, and that when you do you will recommend our breakfast as well as our view;-)

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Last week for business I was fortunate to be accommodated at The Hotel in Brussels.
What a wonderful hotel this was!
From the minute that I walked in it was like stepping into a little oasis of calm, the atmosphere was very relaxing and smoothing.
I was really thrilled when I arrived at my room - on the 22nd floor - the view was amazing!
It had every convenience you could possibly want and the decoration was lovely.
The most important things when you travel a lot are a comfortable bed and a good shower - this room was faultless on this, the bed felt very comfy and the shower was one of the best I have experienced.
I used the gym twice and each time found it very clean, it was very well equipped and once more took in the brilliant views of Brussels - a real bonus when you don't really want to be exercising!
Although I only ate breakfast in the hotel it was well laid out, and everything was extremely fresh and healthy, with marvellous views once again from the restaurant.
All in all I could not fault this hotel and only wish I had longer than two nights there!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
HotelBrusselsManager, DotCom Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear lizm54,

Thanks a million for your 5 star review! I've shared it with our team as I'm convinced that reviews like yours make our team even more motivated to provide an excellent guest experience!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I was a guest at The Hotel in Brussels from 29 June until the 4 July. The location is excellent (close to wonderful shops, restaurants and metro station). It will be very difficult for any Hotel to beat the view (my room was on the 16th floor) as well as the 24 hour free wi-fi as well as the comfort of this modern room. The staff went out of their way to assist me with international fittings for my computer and their professionalism is commendable. The breakfast menu was limited, but satisfactory. I enjoyed my stay and will definitely recommend this hotel to friends and will most definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I enjoyed the 16th floor - no noice, excellent view!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
HotelBrusselsManager, DotCom Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Christine,

Thanks a million for rating us 5 stars, and recommending our team. We appreciate this a lot, and hope we may welcome you again soon.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

The hotel rooms have been refurnished and now look very trendy. A modern and comfortable place to stay in Brussels. View of city skyline is wonderful from the rooms. The restaurant also has a nice selection for breakfast. Though menu for dinner is limited.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
HotelBrusselsManager, DotCom Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear Vivek C,

Thank you for sharing your nice review about your stay with us.
You are absolutely right that for the moment our diner choice is limited, however this is only temorary while we are awaiting the opening of our brand new "The Restaurant - by Pierre Balthazar" on the ground floor.

I truly hope you will visit us again to experience it!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed on the 24th floor in a very cool room with a large sofa. From the sofa we had a superb view over Brussels and the Palais de Justice. Another cool feature is the sauna on the 23rd floor from which you have a view over Brussels aswell.

Parking directly under The Hotel, refreshments in the lobby.

Yes we will be back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear GM220110,

Delighted to read that you will be visiting us again! When you do, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me directly via kelly.wouters@thehotel.be to make your next stay memorable as well!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed July 10, 2013

The rooms on 15th floor was amazing! You have skyline view no matter where you are on the room. This bathroom has no wall (just a sliding mirror), so you can look out on Brussels as you brush your teeth.
There is also a free minibar with refreshments as well coffee/tea.
The bed is medium hard and felt comfy (even if I normally prefer it softer). There are 2 pillows for each bed, so hopefully you find one that you like.
The breakfast was great with warm dishes (scrambled egg, bacon, sausages, mushrooms/green beans), bread and baguettes, with good quality cooked ham as well as cured ham, two different types of good quality cheese, tomatoes, lots of different fruits, as well as milk/yogurt cereals and even sweets like muffins and cakes.
We did not use the spa.
I do not know whether there is a swimming pool at the hotel.
TV/lighting/electrical curtains - everything worked great.

Room Tip: The street in front of the hotel is quite noisy. Rooms far up (the building has 26 floors) and the h...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Earth_Globalizer,

I am really happy to read you enjoyed your stay at The Hotel. Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a nice review!

We don't have a swimming pool, but we do have a sauna and steam room on the 23rd floor with an amazing view over the city, especially at night ;-)

Kind Regards,

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed at The Hotel on the last night of a two-week trip to Belgium and France and it turned out to be a great place to relax and end our vacation. The rooms are modern, comfortable and very slick. The kids had a ton of fun playing with all the lights (in their room) and the blackout curtain which drops down from the top of the windows. Views of Brussels were beautiful, the service was good and we slept great. All in all very relaxing. We were given a pass to the Panorama Lounge (I think that's what it was called?) and enjoyed a very nice drink and appetizer before going out to dinner.

We really enjoyed the modern decor, the service, the quiet and the relaxing atmosphere. Would stay again anytime, great experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank chrisfoxdesign
HotelBrusselsManager, DotCom Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear Chris,

Thank you for sharing your feedback, much appreciated! Delighted to read that you would stay again, and truly hope you will;-)