The Hotel - Brussels
$229
$170
Trip.com
  • Room Service
Adagio Brussels Grand Place(Brussels)(Great Value!)
$255
Cancelon
  • Fitness center
5,156 results
All reviewspanorama loungedeluxe panoramacorner roomcomplimentary mini bargreat hotelnespresso machineperfect staynice roommodern hotelavenue louisebusiness tripexcellent locationbusiness hotelthe grand placefloorsaunaminibar
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Stayed at The Hotel for a one night business trip. They're just finishing off a final upgrade of the hotel and whilst the reception is a little dark, as soon as you get into the room, everything is light. Large windows, very modern rooms, with a large window sofa. Everything is very functional, but it's all there. Free wifi throughout the hotel, a good breakfast, large screen TV. Open wash area, but good rain shower.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank catmouse
HotelBrusselsManager, DotCom Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear catmouse,

Thank you for your nice review! If there is anything we could do so that next time you would grade us with 5 stars please don't hesitate to let me know via kelly.wouters@thehotel.be. We are constantly working on improving our services and facilities and all input is much appreciated.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

This hotel is in a great location in the centre of Brussels, but unlike many bland offerings, this has a theme...the fantastic views from the panoramic windows. In the luxurious rooms there are even telescopes so you can enjoy the spectacular city scene. The rooms are modern and new, mainly white. I needed an iron and it arrived in my room in seconds. The lobby is dark and a bit severe, but don't be put off by this. The breakfast room had an even better view and offered a full and delicious range. There's also a very convenient (though not cheap) car park. If you're driving it's easy to spot as the name is written on huge letters at the top of the building.

Room Tip: Choose a room as high as possible to enjoy the best views.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank 1958speedster356

Dear 1958speedster356,

Thank you for calling The Hotel an unusal and brilliant hotel, you made our day!
With regards to the lobby: there are some exciting changes foreseen in the future so I hope you will visit us again to experience these ;-)

Reviewed July 4, 2013

This review is for two separate stays in June 2013. We had booked it for a week, and we had such a wonderful experience that we canceled another hotel reservation just to come back to The Hotel later in the month.
Yes, the hotel is great: comfortable beds, quiet rooms, modern design, amazing views of the city. It has an open bathroom on most floors, so if you don't feel comfortable with it, ask for a room with a closed bathroom (16th floor). Breakfast was excellent, and the panorama lounge a delight. What could be improved? Maybe a little more shelving to put our stuff away. Also, we were disappointed that the steam room was still out of service. We had read on TA that it was out in a May review, so we thought it would be fixed by the time we'd get there, but no such luck.
Now, the main reason why this is such a great hotel: its staff. The people who work here are ALL, without exception, going out of their way to please you. They are friendly, caring, well-trained, ALL of them, at the desk, room service, restaurant, anywhere. I am not just talking about how they behaved with us, but also how I observed them dealing with other guests. In Brussels, this is definitely the best hotel staff anywhere. A special thank you note to Boris for taking good care of us.
If you want a great hotel right in the center of Brussels, don't look anywhere else. I know for sure we'll be back when we visit Brussels. I felt sorry when we left. I wish we could live here.

Room Tip: Go high. The view is amazing, and there's less street noise.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Jongeli,

Thank You on behalf of the entire The Hotel. Team! I will definitely share your review with our entire team, and I hope we will have the pleasure one day to welcome you again!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I wish I could give The Hotel a good review but I can't. My room was frigid as was my companion's across the hall. The heating system in nearby rooms was on the blink. 50-something degrees outside and we shivered inside. Adding insult to injury was the annoyance of intermittent drilling & hammering sounds during the day, with no warning. I was also bothered by the "knocking" sound of rain & wind against my 7th fl window one long, blustery night. And then there was the odor of my recently renovated room - paint, varnish or something - which triggered my allergies. I had to turn on the (cold air) fan just to clear the air. A very uncomfortable 3-day stay, sorry to say. Surprisingly, the firm mattress did not bother my sensitive back. Go figure.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ALBinWDC

Dear ALBinWDC,

My sincere apologies for the experience you encountered during your stay, this should not have happened! I would really appreciate it if you could get in touch with me directly via kelly.wouters@thehotel.be. That way I can obtain more details to investigate your case, and check how we can make it up to you.

Many thanks in advance.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

this is really a nice place to stay when in Brussels. The hotel is stylish and very elegant, with a fashion theme. I was given an upgrade to a panorama suite and I have to say it is a great place to stay: fantastic room with a fantastic view. Rooms have lots of Fashion books and magazines. I did not try their breakfast. The common areas are very nice and the people at reception are also very nice. Highly recommeneded.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Cigno2nero

Dear Cigno2nero,

Thank you very much for recommending The Hotel, that means a lot to us!