“Very fashionable, full of amenities, nice views”

The Hotel - Brussels
Ranked #16 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Farmingdale, United States
“Very fashionable, full of amenities, nice views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

Our Globus tour trip ended at The Hotel and saved the best hotel for last! From the outside, it doesn't look like much of a hotel. But once you enter the doors, it is a very low light, fashionable feel to the lobby. Our room had a wonderful view of the city and park below. Flat screen tvs add a welcome touch and message. Everything is new and the bed is one of the most comforable I've ever slept in! Everything is push button from the bed, even the window shades. The hotel is along a row of very fashionable upscale stores and within walking distance of numerous restaurants. Room service was very good. My only small complaint might be breakfast; the choices are many and very good but it gets busy and sometimes the food runs out and not enough spots for everyone to sit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HotelBrusselsManager, DotCom Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear longislanddebbi,

Thank you so much for your great review, much appreciated! I noticed you had one remark with regards to the breakfast, and we are definitely working on that one. As of September we are opening a brand new Restaurant with different breakfast formulas. Hope you will visit us again to experience this, and rate us with 5 stars instead of 4 ;-)

The Hotel. Brussels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
St. John's, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

The Hotel was part of the Globus bus tour that my husband and I did for our honeymoon. We really enjoyed it - it was our favorite hotel from the tour. When we first got there, we had a room that had two single beds pushed together, but when I went to the reception and told the lady our situation and she upgraded us no problem. Really comfortable rooms with lots of space and a nice sitting area. Also the bathrooms are nice, in our upgraded room, it was kind of open concept with a door that swung between the toilet room and the shower. We enjoyed the breakfast as well, but if you are vegetarian, there won't be much to choose from.
The only issue we had was that the hotel was undergoing renovation while we were there and you could hear drilling and construction pretty much the whole day. Luckily we weren't there much during the day.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelBrusselsManager, DotCom Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear N75nva,

Great to read we were the favorite hotel of your Globus bus tour! Thank you very much for the tip for breakfast for vegetarians. I will definitely pass it on to our Culinary Director. Our apologies for the inconvenience you encountered due to the renovations. The new Lobby is now opened, and the renovations are almost finished. We are just awaiting our new Restaurant & Bar which will be unveiled in September.

I hope we may welcome you again in the future!

Lexington, Ky.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

From June 7 to 9, 2013, my 24-year-old nephew and I stayed at The Hotel, which is touted to be one of the best hotels in Brussels. The facility is certainly attractive. A taxi driver told us that the lodging was formerly a Hilton and has been given a facelift. The sleeping rooms are ultra modern and decorated in a black & white decor. The bar on the 26th floor offers 360-degree, floor-to-ceiling views of the entire city. The hotel is not located near the Grand Place, though one can walk it in half an hour.

This hotel, in my judgment, is entirely overpriced. It is nothing special, certainly when one considers other 4- and 5-star properties. It is not my practice to write reviews that are picky. For example, I do not care if there are not enough trash cans or if the complimentary shampoos are not up to par. A person can survive those situations. What concerns me are potential safety issues. Our room--on the 10th floor--had a malfunctioning shower faucet. The temperature was either scalding hot or freezing cold; there was NO middle ground. Had a child been put in that shower, he or she might have been seriously injured. In addition, there was no grab bar in the shower.

I think my nephew summed it up best. He commented, "I would rather have stayed at a Motel 6."

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank appletonth
Dear Kyhistorian,

I'm so sorry that there was a problem with the water temperature in your room, which unfortunately spoiled your stay with us. I would really appreciate it if you could get in touch with me via kelly.wouters@thehotel.be so I can contact you for a follow-up.

Many thanks in advance.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed in this hotel last week. It is lovely hotel, but be aware of possible credit card fraud. At reception I was asked for my credit card, it was swapped and a day later I realized that bigger amount of money then I expected was blocked on my credit card account. Hotels always tell their customers about an additional deposit (usually 50EUR), but not here! 150EUR extra were blocked without telling anything – I was not asked to put my PIN code or sign the papers, even verbally I was not told about the deposit. I always read T&C, but there was nothing mentioned about that.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Kelly W, DotCom Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear RomanZda,

I can reassure you that the standard credit card authorization procedure was followed.
This procedure varies in different countries, and is a policy of The Hotel. Brussels, and most hotels in Brussels to ask for your credit card as a guarantee for possible extras guests order during their stay. As soon as a guest checks out the amount blocked as a guarantee is automatically released. I apologize that we didn't inform you about this during your check-in, and will also have our legal department look into our Terms & Conditions.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

The hotel is located close to Louiza metro, only a few minutes walk away so good location for reaching European Quarters and the touristy spots via Metro. Room was nicely decorated, everything you expected, including a nice touch that you can plug in ipods. Spa was disappointing as I was expecting more but it's really a sauna and steam room with a good view, although steam room was out of operation during my stay. Breakfast was lovely with good views over the city - great options for hot, cold and drinks. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: take a room higher up for the views
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HotelBrusselsManager, Manager at The Hotel - Brussels, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Sindy,

Thank you very much for your review.
We very much appreciate your comments as we strive to always improve our services at The Hotel.
The Urban Spa currently includes 3 treatment rooms, a Large and fully equipped Fitness, 2 Relax Rooms, a Sauna and a Steam Room. Unfortunately our Steam Room is currently out-of-service due to a minor technical problem. This will be salved very soon and it will be available again to our guests.

We sincerely thank you for choosing The Hotel and hope to welcome you again in the near future!
Best regards,

Thomas Verbaet,
Brand Manager.
Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

The Hotel is a thoroughly modernized hotel on the Pentagon boulevard in Brussels. What I don't like is the very dark corridors and public areas, and the fact that you cannot open any windows. The hotel is located close to Louiza with a nice choice of restaurants, but it is a considerable hike to the Grand Place with no easy public transport alternatives.
The bathrooms are also modern but no handrails to assist when climbing in and out of the bath and no towel racks. Some hooks in the room for hanging coats would also have been nice.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

Very average hotel. This property was picked for us by a business associate here in Brussels. The rooms are extremely small and cramped for two people. The staff was less than adequate. There was no cab service at the hotel and I had to go to the street to hail one. The location was good. I would not come back.

Room Tip: If you can afford it I recommend you look elsewhere.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business