“So kitsch, it's funny!”
Review of Hotel Mozart

Hotel Mozart
Ranked #140 of 198 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Booked this for just one night. It's practical, right behind the Grand Place. Relatively close to the Gare Central. My room was clean and bed was comfortable though single bed. Breakfast wasn't so good, very simple and the waitresses looked bored

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ivebeenroundtheblock
There are newer reviews for Hotel Mozart

Reviewed November 30, 2013

It was a very small room with a dirty bathroom. Nothing like the pictures.
In the very early morning they began to drill holes with a lot of noise in the facade
Complaining did not help, not even an excuse We paid 120 euros....
Never going back there ever again!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Arnold B
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I was travelling with friends and we arrived late from Bruges and was told that the hotel CXL our reservations because our cards did not work. (That could not be the case because we used our cards last night in Bruges and it worked...) Anyways, I was told they were out of rooms but they could try to find me one somewhere else. Finally, I was told they had a room for 4 people but the price was higher. Not wanting to move around late at night, we settled on a rate and stayed at the hotel. WOW!!! was it an antique decorated hotel as one reviewer put it. It had a small courtyard with a fountain after you walk through some flights of stairs and off to the left and the walls had some moorish patterns throughout the hotel..... which was unique. The room was small for 4 people and the carpet was very dirty as one of my friend immediately got allergies and started sneezing. The room was dimly lit and the desk lamp was not working. The maid left the windows open while cleaning and mosquitoes came into the room. They bit me several times until I crawled under the covers and slept like that all night. Breakfast was OK.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Stayed here for four nights and good value for where it is located - right beside the Grande Place. If you are expecting a warm welcome and help with your bags, directions, any sort of pleasantries - go somewhere else. The staff were not very friendly or very helpful but you get what you pay for. It is like a no frills hotel but with the most frilly of interiors - one would think they were in Morocco and not Brussels.
My advise if you have any difficulty or disabilty - do not stay - it has quirky staircases, a lift that, at a push, fits two people. The room numbering makes no sense and I am sure many unsuspecting travellers have almost met their maker navigation this hotel

But is find and in a great location, it's unusual and it is, if you don't expect to be greeted with open arms and get some help with bags etc and if you think that a roll, a slice of plastic cheese and a cup of tepid coffee is a breakfast to behold - you are in luck.

Room Tip: Room 122 had a very strange odour of sewage - and strangely this did not come from the bathroom - ch...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

When we stepped into the hotel, we were quite intrigued by the antique decorations of the hotel. The decorations were very beautiful.

We were greeted by the owner of the hotel, and our keys were given. The hallway, steps, and everything leading to our room was narrow, and a little creepy though. The place was dimly - lit as well. However, the room was quite okay as there were paintings hung on the walls of the room, giving the antique feeling. But the sofa - bed and the bed of the hotel seemed a bit dusty. The bathroom was quite okay, but don't expect it to be really clean.

At night, as we were staying directly opposite the pubs/bars, it was noisy and we didn't really get a good night's sleep. (But if you were very tired, I don't think the noise will affect your sleep though. Haha)

The next day when we were heading to someplace from the hotel, the owner saw us, greeted us and even gave us biscuits to eat. Oh yeah. The breakfast provided by the hotel was quite okay, just that the bread was a little bit too hard. Luckily they provided drinks like orange juice, hot tea, hot coffee and milk.

Overall, the stay was pretty good given its price and location from the train stations and everything. Cheers!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank SingaporeanNiHao
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Dirty, dank and scary! No AC, carpets filthy, used/dirty cups in bathroom, hole in wall covered with fake leopard cloth. Staff rude. Phones did not work. Free breakfast was not edible-stale bread, cold coffee, warm juice. Charge for Wi-Fi which only worked in a 5 foot radius in the lobby. Stairwells narrow and difficult to maneuver - would be difficult to get out of this facility in case of emergency. If there were a rating with minus stars I would give it the lowest rating there is. We checked out our first night! YUK!

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel completely!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank AZVOL2013
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I considered two stars because the location is very good, but that certainly doesn't make up for the ownership which can't be trusted.

After a long flight I entered this hotel to hear an unprovoked political rant by the owner about how much he hates various countries and their politics. They already had my credit card so I simply listened and thought of how I could get out of the reservation without being charged. In the end I decided to stay the two nights there because I was worried they would hit my credit card for it anyway if I canceled.

Upon entering the hotel there was a horrible musty smell throughout. The decorations and style of the place looks unique and antique, but it doesn't make up for the horrible service and the feeling of insecurity the staff and owner make you feel.

Every time I walked out the door the owner would tell me who he likes and who he hates -- I played along simply to minimize the chance of any problem.

To say that this was unprofessional behavior would be an understatement of epic proportion!

In my opinion this establishment should not be trusted. I've never written such a harsh review before -- I try to be fair -- but it is absolutely warranted in this case.

STAY AWAY