“Best way to see Brussels, the Beer Tour”

Global Enterprises Tours
Brussels Chocolate Walking Tour and Workshop
Ranked #3 of 34 Food & Drink in Brussels
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Combine culture, history and cuisine in a 3.5h experience that will open the gates of Brussels to everything you would know about the city. Make a route of the most pelicular Belgian highlights, such as fries, mussels and waterzooi, along with a fresh strong beer that will change everything you knew about flavours before. The tour will guide your through the most representative spots of Brussels, until the upper side of the city of the Royal Square. See 80% of what Bussels has to offer in a matter of 3.5h!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best way to see Brussels, the Beer Tour”
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Belgian beer has been my favorite and on this tour, we got to taste beers you will never see in a bar or shop. Our guide was knowledgeable, the tastings were generous and the walking was pleasant. Just his insights into which restaurants to try and which to avoid were worth the price! Do this tour if you can only choose one activity.

3 Thank Lfslfs

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“not a great tour”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I agree with the recent reviews by Nina K and by sox1992. The tour guide didn't seem to have the personality best suited for this job. He didn't really speak much to the people in the group, he didn't introduce himself and wasn't at all outgoing or even all that friendly. The walking part was nice but I didn't really learn anything new about chocolate. Had I known we would only be sampling dark chocolate, I would not have booked the tour.

3 Thank Sylvie V
Los Angeles, CA
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“We're chocolate lovers but did not love this chocolate tour!!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My family of 4 was very excited to take this tour but was very disappointed. It started on a bad foot when the tour guide did not introduce himself ... in fact, I only know his name because my husband asked him. "Mark" started the tour by telling us that we were tasting only dark chocolates (and 1 white) as this was the only "real" chocolate. Two of us are milk chocolate lovers and not terribly fond of dark. The workshop was a kindergarten level activity. A fondue pot was put in the middle of the table and we dipped a piece of pineapple and a biscuit into the melted chocolate ... we then put spoonfuls of chocolate onto a tray in front of us and added slivers of nuts. None of us felt this was worthwhile at all - definitely not how the tour and workshop were described. The city tour portion was good but all in all DEFINITELY not worth the $400 we paid for the 4 of us. We would have been better off sampling chocolates on our own and buying $400 worth of chocolate!! I would not recommend.

6 Thank Nina K
Leicester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Interesting fun tour”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I were visiting Brussels and decided to sample the famous chocolates! We chose this tour based on tripadvisor. We had a group of 10 people which was fine although many more would have seemed a bit crowded in the chocolate shop I think, the tour guide was knowledgable but I found he didn't really create conversation or talk as we walked along. He walked ahead from the group and would really only speak when spoken to until we got to our sightseeing points which was fine but created a bit of a silence I found. The chocolate tasting was fun, we went to five places and had our chocolate making from the 'master chocolatier' which I found a bit ridiculous seeing as she couldn't even speak English, she 'demonstrated' how to dip pineapple into a bowl of melted chocolate...hardly rocket science, but nevertheless fun. Slightly overpriced 70euros, when it lasted the same time as the beer tour for 40 and lasted the same length. If i went to Brussels again I would do this tour if the price was around 50-60euros.

2 Thank sox1992
Scotia, New York
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Lots of fun!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Lots of walking but lots of fun also. They take you to all the great shops in the city and also to a private location where you can make your own chocolate "creations". It is quite a bit of walking both up and down hills so be prepared. Also a tip at the end would be appreciated by the guide I am sure. My wife left with the money (euros) before our chocolate creations arrived so I felt like I should have given him one, others were doing so. The guide is very nice and extremely knowledgeable. It is pricey but worth it.

Visited July 2013