“Very welcoming staff, chic boutique hotel”

Hotel Noga Brussels
Ranked #59 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Curiosity was the main reason for booking the Hotel Noga as it seemed "different and quirky". Firstly a tip - don't take the Metro to De Brouckere for the hotel as it's a bit of a trek, the best stop is Sainte Catherine metro - much nearer and less hassle! The hotel is down a cobbled side street so a good idea to wear flat shoes if you have a number of cases! On arrival, you'll find a lovely boutique hotel with a maritime theme, big comfortable sofas, old fashioned photos with a homely feel. My Economy room was basic, small and clean, with a TV, coffee making facilities and bathroom with shower (excellent hot running water) and the price was very reasonable for a city centre hotel especially for an Easter weekend. Breakfast at 6 euros was excellent value, a buffet with crepes you could heat on a griddle, eggs, baked beans, ham, croissants, cereal and much more! A nice touch on Easter Sunday morning was finding a small chocolate egg underneath my teacup. All the staff were incredibly welcoming and helpful during my stay and, after checkout, I was able to leave my bags so I could explore the city before my flight home. The hotel is 20 minutes walk from Grand Place and other attractions such as the Manneken Pis (watch your handbags/manbags, incredibly crowded around the statue). If you are flying from Brussels airport, take the metro from Saint Catherine to Central Station, where you can pick up the train for the airport - a helpful tip from the chap on reception. The hotel is a real gem with character - would certainly stay there again!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is brilliantly run. It's charming and efficiently located within walking distance of all the sights in Brussels.

Our room was a great size and decorated wonderfully.

The biggest surprise of all was the breakfast. It's was a gourmet buffet with everything you could think of: eggs, baked beans, fresh quiche, crepes, waffles, breads, and meats. I would recommend getting breakfast at Hotel Noga over anything local.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We stayed at Noga for four nights and by the end we felt part of the family. Our host was friendly and welcoming and all the staff put us at our ease. The hotel is spread over four floors and has the tiniest lift with carpet on the walls; but make sure you take the stars at least once as the wonderful old photos, paintings and artefacts more than make up for the exhausting climb. There is a shipping theme in evidence with bedrooms, loung and dining room decorated in nautical bric a brac. The Titanic features large. There are also some fabulous painted cabinets around the place. The bedrooms we had (there were four of us) were individual but both had separate loo and (tiny) shower room. The beds were comfy and very clean. We loved the quirkiness of this bijou hotel. The location is excellent just 10-15 minutes walk from the Grand Place and close by the Metro.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 10, 2014

The proximity of this hotel to all the touristy sites could not have been better. You are quick 3-5 minute walk from St. Catherine's Square, about 20 to the Grand Palace with everything in between: museums, parks, Manneken Pis, Zinneke Pis, a few of the comic strip scenes, plenty of shopping plazas, etc. All of this without sitting right in the middle of all the chaos and noise. Parking was..stressful and the hotel does offer parking in their private garage at 15 euro per day but we figured it out--we were barely there anyway so we made it work for us.

We spent 4 days, 3 night (allowed to check in early). Check in was quick and easy. The room was very clean and a suitable size for 4 people with 4 separate beds. I was able to get a surprisingly good night's sleep in the bed; one of the best I've had in a hotel in a while. The decorations throughout the hotel were old but nice (fisherman, fish, lighthouses) and all the pieces worked well together. The internet fee was only 5 euro for our entire stay. Breakfast was a decent spread for only paying 6 euro per person: crepes, chocolate croissants, scrambled eggs, mushrooms, some breakfast sausage, good variety of cheese and cold meats, plenty of breads, quiche, juice, cereal, tomatoes and mozzarella, yogurt, fresh fruits.

The staff were very friendly and assisted wherever they could. We were provided with a map and shown all the places we wanted to see. I'd even forgotten my converter for the power outlets and asked where I could purchase a new one; they gave me one to use for the entirety of my stay. All conversed with us regularly inquired about our day and always greeted us with a small. All in all this was a good stay in a great location. I would recommend this hotel to others and would stay again if I were ever in the area.

Caveat: The walls are very thin! If you plan to stay with a loved one please be respectful of others; no one cares to know what you do in the privacy of your bedroom. We were 4 females (2 were preteens) traveling and our neighbors were comically loud one of the nights. We tried to ignore it but it was well past 12 in the morning and got to a point of ridiculousness.. I had to hit on the wall to make them aware. I did not complain to the staff because things happen and they rendered me a look of shame the following morning. Thankfully they checked out that morning so there was no need for me to stress over it to the staff. Just boiled down to good ol' respect for self and others.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank 704CarolinaGirl84
Reviewed March 11, 2014

The last two nights of our 8-night trip to London and Belgium were spent at the Hotel Noga. It is located in the St Catherine area, a short walk to the Grand Place, yet a world away as far as ambiance' is concerned.

We loved the hotel. The old-time cruise ship decorations were very nice and gave the place a nice funky touch. We enjoy staying in the small hotels when we travel; they tend to have a nice friendly vibe, an Hotel Noga was no exception. The management and staff made us feel right at home...being an anniversary trip, they even put balloons on our door!

Breakfast at 6 euros was wonderful. I especially enjoyed the crepes that you heated up on a hot griddle. There was a wide array of food, which we totally enjoyed!

The lounge area had some very nice couches that allowed us to just sit and chat with the staff.

They got us a cab early Sunday morning to go to the airport, and they even made sure we would be able to have some breakfast prior to leaving, getting it set up early just for us.

We would stay there again if we ever return to Brussels.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MikeD0048
Reviewed November 27, 2013

A weekend in Brussels, one night in the hotel. A very good impression of the hotel's design.
Very nice people at the reception who kindly greet you on the Sunday morning before breakfast. The breakfast was good, a good variety for a good full breakfast (good quality bread, pancakes were delicious).
Very well situated.
Just a small "-" on the room cleaning (2-3 things from the to do list were forgotten).

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kamilla_S
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Stayed for a weekend and really loved this hotel! Great and very friendly staff, with excellent manners and always willing to assist you. Room was very nice, clean and spacious. Bathroom was a bit small but didnt really matter. Plain breakfast buffet, have to try the chocolate croissants! Very nice location, close to Metro station but also in walking distance from the city center. Private parking at a reasonable price, located right next to the hotel which is very convinient. Next time in Brussels I would definitely choose Noga again!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple