“American food”
Review of Comics Cafe - CLOSED

Comics Cafe
Cuisines: American, Belgian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Comics Cafe is an incredible 200 seats Brasserie-type restaurant where one can enjoy tasty Belgium and American Cuisine up to midnight. In a warm Comic-like atmosphere, you will discover the "COMICS Burger", the "CARBONNADE FLAMMANDE", the delicious strawberry Cheese cake and a lot more. Nice "Terrasse" on Grand Sablon, historic center of Brussel. Famous "TINTIN" statue at the entrance.
Reviewed June 16, 2014

This is a very good place to have a light lunch when visiting Place du Grand Sablon. We ordered 2 American style burgers, portions were very good and taste good too. Nothing with a woow factor but its not expensive either. The place is decorated with comics related items. We had a young guy serving us, what bothered me was a blond lady in her 40/50s outside the restaurant inviting people in and when they refuse she was giving them a face afterwards and for me it is highly unprofessional. There was also a couple with a pushchair and she was really making them uncomfortable as she wanted them to sit as quickly as possible not to close the corridor. Come on let them settle down! Anyway I didn't like her attitude but the waiter was helpful and spoke English too. A good place to have a quick lunch and enjoy the piazza.

1  Thank Shadylise

Reviewed June 14, 2014

This restaurant was recommended by the concierge at our hotel. I have to say it was just OK. Our food was actually pretty good...good basic cheeseburgers and the sausage dish was yummy. However, as others have said, the prices are quite ridiculous and I did not appreciate the waitress having her thong hang out of the back of her jeans...tacky and not appropriate for a family restaurant, especially with kids!!! Seriously babe, save it for after work!!

Reviewed June 14, 2014

I simply say that asking 25 euros for an hamburger is insane... and at the end the decoration of the place is not even so special... to avoid at all costs!

5  Thank gotha2981
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

The bread on my hamburger had mold on it and I asked for a well done burger, but they served me an almost uncooked burger. The restrooms were also terrible and the cooks had horrible body odor. I would skip this restaurant, especially with the overpriced food.

4  Thank Frogger2
Reviewed May 6, 2014

very great burgers in a comics atmosphere place. we enjoyed it very much! the only negative thing is we couldn't take our baby's stroller upstairs into the restaurant.