“Glad it was free.”

Brussels Sightseeing Tour Including the European Parliament
Ranked #19 of 400 things to do in Brussels
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: FREE ENTRY. Experience the European Parliament in Brussels like never before. At our Visitors' Centre, children and adults alike get to discover what the European institutions that represent them are all about in a refreshingly new way: the Parlamentarium. Our Portable Media Guides take our visitors through an interactive journey of European integration, revealing the impact this process has had on the everyday lives of Europeans. As the first ever citizens' exhibition to do so, the Parlamentarium caters to all 24 official languages of the European Union, and is completely free! Our facilities and multimedia guides have been designed to be fully accessible to those with special needs.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator, Food available for purchase
Waterford, Ireland
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 137 helpful votes
“Glad it was free.”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I'm not sure why I was expecting the European Parliament's visitor centre to be quite interesting - but I was, and therefore I was a bit disappointed. Considering it is the parliament for the entire EU I found the whole thing to be a bit limited and uninspiring. I also feel the centre didn't inform me about anything that I didn't already know. I'm just glad I didn't have to pay for the experience.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
126 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Impressive!”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

It is a must to go there but not because of the architecture or so.
It is just impressive to see where all the decisions for the EU are made and so on...
It is nice!

York, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Takes time”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I thought this was an excellent experience although I was a bit mystified by the smart phone type audio guide which I found much harder t figure out than the standard Press no and listen. The scope of the interpretation is immense - and you have to make choices about what you have time to look at and listen to - unless you were planning to stay for days. I suppose many people choose to focus on their own country but it's important not just to do that or you would be missing a lot. There are some amazing photographs which deserve to be enjoyed. I struggled to work out how to use the wheelaround desks on the map but when I did I could have stayed there for hours as well looking up everywhere I knew. There is clearly a massive agenda in force here to present the EU in its most positive light and I think you must take some things with a pinch of salt. For instance I'm not convinced that if you had a group in from Barnsley, they would necessarily agree that every miner who lost his job is now re-employed thanks to the assistance of the EU. But I found rather moving the history of its evolution through the desire to make peace in Europe permanent. Didn't sample the little café but it looked adequate for a drink and a sandwich - which you'll need if you want to take advantage of all that's on offer.

1 Thank Val C
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Very Interesting”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

This is a must visit when in Brussels. The audio tour plus entry is free. Be prepared for alot of reading on top of the audio tour but it's still very good. The complete history of the European union is covered from the early 1900's to the present day

2 Thank Tourist1985
Reykjavik, Iceland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Went on a school trip to the Parlamentarium and I was very impressed. The historical timeline that is presented in the exhibition is very informative and everything was very up to date with the newest technology. Its also an interactive museum so theres plenty to do and see. It gives great insight into the workings of the European Union, Commission and Parliament. Learned a great deal.

1 Thank SunSasha