“Very nice hotel, good value for money”
Review of Stanhope Hotel

Stanhope Hotel
Ranked #21 of 198 Hotels in Brussels
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed several times at this hotel. This time I arrived on Sunday evening. There was not enough staff to attend customers requests at reception and bar. Nevertheless staff dealt with this situation in a correct and kind way.
Rooms are clean, service is good. Restaurant is very good value for money: not an immense menu, but excellent quality food.
Location of the hotel is very good: close to metro and train station, in a nice neighbourhood.
It's my favourite hotel when I visit Brussels.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
The_Management_Team, Directeur général at Stanhope Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your fidelity towards the Stanhope Hotel and for having taken the time to share your lovely comments with the Tripadvisor travelers.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and we can assure you that nice comments like yours are mostly appreciated by our staff members.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next visit to Brussels, we remain,

Yours sincerely,

The Stanhope Management Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,264)

Reviewed May 27, 2014

We were booked into a club room and it was complete with fabulous linens, decor, Molton Brown toiletries, lovely sitting area and huge, comfy bed abd plenty of wardrobe room. Though just a 5-minute walk from the Metro, it was totally quiet and no disturbances whatsoeverl The bedside lamp bulb didn't work and it was fixed instantly when reported. The breakfast, included in our room plan, could not have been better. It was continental with about 8 different pastries, crepes, 4 different fruit salads to choose from, regular or espresso coffee, delicious brie and blue cheese, lovely breads, yogurts, jam. First class! We were greeted warmly each of the two mornings we stayed and it was a great start to the day. The hotel is elegant, CLEAN, and very gracious decor. We considered this truly a 5* experience and completely recommend itl

Room Tip: Club room is probably worth the extra cost!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dot1617

Dear Dot1617,

We would like to thank you for your wonderful feedback we received trough the TripAdvisor website.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our property; especially the location, the room and the breakfast.

As we are currently working to keep up the high standing of services; it is a pleasure to share positive feedback as yours with our Team.

Looking forward to welcome you back at the Stanhope Hotel on your next trip to Brussels, we remain,

Yours sincerely,

The Stanhope Management Team

Reviewed May 26, 2014

The photos make it look nice but the place is average at best. You don't get free with which for a hotel of this price is ridiculous! The light switches in my room mean that I have either every single light on or none and when none are on, there is no electricity to the room so I can't charge my mobile phone overnight. Again ridiculous and not conducive to a business hotel. Then €30for breakfast? The beds are too soft, the room decor is dark and unpleasant. I can't think of any good features of this hotel. Get in, get out.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank David A
The_Management_Team, General Manager at Stanhope Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Dear David A,

I am really sorry if our eco friendly program has not been explained to you enough. Effectively, your comments are mainly about it. We try to lower energy consumption as much as we can and ask our guests to follow us if they want to. Lights can be dimmed but by standard are at the lowest level. You always have a constant plug for your devices to be charged next to the desk. I hope you could give us another chance to show you all our green project and how hard we are working for that so that you could change your mind.

I thank you for having taken the time to give us your feedback.
Best Regards.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

This was my first time staying at the Stanhope. I arrived earlier than expected and at 09.50 they made a room available for me.

The following morning I had to leave before breakfast was served so Adham, the receptionist on duty very kindly arranged for a mini breakfast served in the spacious lobby/lounge area.

I have read the previous comment about "three plugs not working". I found this as well but as in many mainland Europe hotels, there was a "general switch, which tuned them all on. That said i had to look for it and initially also thought the plugs were not working.

Looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
The_Management_Team, General Manager at Stanhope Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Dear Graham M,

I am very proud and pleased to read your comment and thank you for it. The team and especially Adham love it! Thank you for having given the tip to other customers too to insert their key card upon arrival in their room as it happens quite often too.

I look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay in this magic city of Brussels!

Reviewed May 20, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Stanhope - very helpful staff, clean rooms, good breakfast and all around restful place to stay. Within walking distance of the underground and the old city, parks, etc. The bed was a bit squeezed into the room but it was comfortable so not a big deal. The only issue I had was the WiFi access - it is my expectation that hotels of this quality should have free WiFi access for guests - need to update policy.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear YinCLT,

Thank you so much for your nice comment that the staff will be pleased to read. I am sorry if the staff did not inform you you had one free hour and that a desk was available 245/24 with internet connection. Should you wish to come again, we advise you to book directly with us. It will allow you to get free internet.

We llok froward to welcoming you back.
Regards.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

I have been to this hotel twice for business. The hotel is well located, has some old fashioned charm and a nice courtyard but is by no means a five star hotel. The room I had was very noisy both from the street (trucks/buses) and from the nearby room, e.g. if someone use water in the another room. It claims to have a gym but that is really a small room with 2 machines. Finally when I asked to borrow for a charger I was told they only had some on sale!
I attended a busines dinner and the food was also very disappointed, which could have been because we were in a group. I would definitely not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Perrine79

Dear Mrs Perrine79,

I am really sorry to read you review as we do have some adaptors to borrow at the reception. We have well noted that the 306 situated on the street side was not convenient for you and put a note in your profile for assign a garden quiet view room. We would be please if you could take a direct contact with us in order to getting more feedback on the food experience you had as we are constantly questionning ourselves to always improve our service.

We hope you will give us another chance make you having a Stanhope Experience and wish you a nice day.

Regards

Reviewed May 16, 2014

We stayed here for a 3 day visit to Belgium. The hotel exceeded our expectations. The staff was very knowledgeable, friendly, and courteous. Some of the little things they did went the extra mile.

The rooms were very spacious by European standards. We had a business room with a separate sleeping area and a sitting area. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was spacious (it even had 2 sinks and a tub/shower with another separate shower. This helps when there's multiple people getting ready. The TV in one of the rooms wasn't working but they promptly sent someone to fix it.

The location of the hotel is good. There is a nice park within walking distance and you can even walk downtown (the shortest distance walking includes a lot of stairs though so it is not ideal for strollers or wheelchairs).

I would definitely recommend this hotel. I have stayed at many hotels throughout Europe and have to admit that this was the best one.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Blag0
The_Management_Team, General Manager at Stanhope Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2014

Dear Blag0,

I was absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at Stanhope Hotel. I was especially happy to read that you found all of our team to be friendly and welcoming. I really do appreciate your kind words and please do come back and stay with us again soon.

My best wishes