“Good value”
Review of Hotel Queen Anne

Hotel Queen Anne
Ranked #102 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed March 1, 2011

We stayed for just one night and had no problems. It's just a few mins walk from the Rogier metro station and easy to find. It's only a 10 or so minute walk to Grand Place. Reception gave us a handy map when we checked in.

The room was very small but decorated in a modern/minimalistic style so it didn't feel too cramped. Just being there the one night we weren't there much and didn't mind. Our room faced the street and so I didn't sleep too well due to traffic noise. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The bathroom was just as small and only one issue - the towel rail which was lovely and kept the towels toasty warm is at one end of the teeny shower/bath which meant the towels would get soaked if you left them all there.

Breakfast was a bit of a mad affair with what seemed like everyone staying there arriving at the same time. People were queueing for a table and the area with the buffet breakfast spread was packed and often empty, as I suppose they couldn't refill things quick enough! The food we did get was good though - breads, spreads, cereals etc.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 21, 2011

This hotel had a queen sized bed for my single room and I appreciated it. The room was adequate and had a heater hanger in the bathroom which is a plus point. Internet wifi fees were also reasonable at 5 Euro for 48 hours. Common computers are downstairs for logging on for free. My room was also quiet and faced the inner courtyard and I had very good sleeps there. There is no personal safe in the room but a personalised common safe at the lobby reception.

The room however lacks a hair dryer. The bathroom also had a urine smell at the toilet bowl which indicated that the toilets weren't properly cleaned prior to my arrival.

The breakfast was good for a European three star hotel, servers were helpful although they were very busy. Overall, I'd still recommend this hotel for stay despite its minor shortcomings.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed January 31, 2011

Having noted some mixed reviews, we arrived with an open mind and were agreably taken with all aspects of the place - it is well located, with an easy walk from De Bruckere metro station, ditto to Nord mainline station.
Room was quite small & plain but clean, with comfortable beds and good bathroom (shower a bit hard to adjust). There is some road noise but not too bad for a city location.
Excellent hot & cold breakfast, helpful reception, allowing us to leave bags for a morning of shopping.
Overall, very positive, will stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2011

This was one of four hotels we stayed at while traveling Europe for the first time. While not at the top of our list for favorites, it provided everything we needed - a clean room, decent price, and a safe place to sleep. We had to walk quite a ways to get to the sites we wanted to see, but a little more familiarity with the city would have helped that. The private bath was tiny, but when traveling do you really need that much space? Overall, decent hotel for decent price.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2011

Stayed here in mid December. Hotel staff were friendly, breakfast was good and plentiful-bacon,eggs, various breads/pastries, cold meats, juices, coffee/tea. Area is decent, I traveled as a single woman and was not afraid returning late to the hotel. I was on the sixth floor facing the street and opposite the National Theatre. Street was very nosy at night, always woke me up. Bed was super comfy and room, even though small was clean. Laptops in lobby were always available free. One downside tv in room did not have any English speaking channels. Location close to all metro's, Grand Place(which is gorgeous during the holidays at night) etc. Various restaurants close by. Karaoke bar few blocks away from hotel was super fun.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed December 30, 2010

The bed was extremely comfortable and the staff was great and very helpful, pleasant, and respectful. The hotel was warm, safe, and clean. I loved the breakfast. Everything was very fresh. I was amazed and impressed to see the staff cooking the eggs! There is a nice feel to the place although it is old and not very fancy. I would stay there again. Petty, yes, but I would have liked an English speaking channel on the tv. The hotel is a bit out of the way and not as close to the Grand Place as I thought, but the walk is not bad.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2010

I stayed here for two nights by myself in November, on a work trip. When I booked it, I had only looked at the first page of reviews on this hotel, but had since seen more alarming reviews. As others have said, the reviews are a mixed bag. I was fortunate to have a second floor room, with the window facing into a courtyard. Therefore, my stay was fairly quiet.

The room itself was quite small, but there was a desk with a chair, and bedside tables, Ikea-style of furnishing. There was also a small TV with no English channels.

The bathroom was ok. I didn't really like the shower though. The high-up shower-head holder on the wall was at a funny angle, so whenever the shower was on, the water went through the thin shower curtain and on the floor (although to be fair, there was a drain in the bathroom floor). So, I had to hold the showerhead over myself, which isn't what I was expecting!

The room was lacking in some facilities, a kettle would have been good, as would a hair dryer, or atleast a notice to say that they're available from reception (if they are?).

I chose the to stay in this hotel as it was near the venue of my meeting (the Crowne Plaza), and it was handy for that, and Rogier metro is only a short walk away, as is the City 2 shopping centre.

I didn't find the hotel as bad as other reviewers have here, but if I was staying in Brussels again I would probably want to stay somewhere with better facilities in the room.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business