“Decent room, decent price, nothing spectacular”
Review of Hotel Queen Anne

Hotel Queen Anne
Ranked #102 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed January 26, 2011

This was one of four hotels we stayed at while traveling Europe for the first time. While not at the top of our list for favorites, it provided everything we needed - a clean room, decent price, and a safe place to sleep. We had to walk quite a ways to get to the sites we wanted to see, but a little more familiarity with the city would have helped that. The private bath was tiny, but when traveling do you really need that much space? Overall, decent hotel for decent price.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 9, 2011

Stayed here in mid December. Hotel staff were friendly, breakfast was good and plentiful-bacon,eggs, various breads/pastries, cold meats, juices, coffee/tea. Area is decent, I traveled as a single woman and was not afraid returning late to the hotel. I was on the sixth floor facing the street and opposite the National Theatre. Street was very nosy at night, always woke me up. Bed was super comfy and room, even though small was clean. Laptops in lobby were always available free. One downside tv in room did not have any English speaking channels. Location close to all metro's, Grand Place(which is gorgeous during the holidays at night) etc. Various restaurants close by. Karaoke bar few blocks away from hotel was super fun.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed December 30, 2010

The bed was extremely comfortable and the staff was great and very helpful, pleasant, and respectful. The hotel was warm, safe, and clean. I loved the breakfast. Everything was very fresh. I was amazed and impressed to see the staff cooking the eggs! There is a nice feel to the place although it is old and not very fancy. I would stay there again. Petty, yes, but I would have liked an English speaking channel on the tv. The hotel is a bit out of the way and not as close to the Grand Place as I thought, but the walk is not bad.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2010

I stayed here for two nights by myself in November, on a work trip. When I booked it, I had only looked at the first page of reviews on this hotel, but had since seen more alarming reviews. As others have said, the reviews are a mixed bag. I was fortunate to have a second floor room, with the window facing into a courtyard. Therefore, my stay was fairly quiet.

The room itself was quite small, but there was a desk with a chair, and bedside tables, Ikea-style of furnishing. There was also a small TV with no English channels.

The bathroom was ok. I didn't really like the shower though. The high-up shower-head holder on the wall was at a funny angle, so whenever the shower was on, the water went through the thin shower curtain and on the floor (although to be fair, there was a drain in the bathroom floor). So, I had to hold the showerhead over myself, which isn't what I was expecting!

The room was lacking in some facilities, a kettle would have been good, as would a hair dryer, or atleast a notice to say that they're available from reception (if they are?).

I chose the to stay in this hotel as it was near the venue of my meeting (the Crowne Plaza), and it was handy for that, and Rogier metro is only a short walk away, as is the City 2 shopping centre.

I didn't find the hotel as bad as other reviewers have here, but if I was staying in Brussels again I would probably want to stay somewhere with better facilities in the room.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 17, 2010

I stayed here one night in September on the strength of the Trip Advisor reviews. I was looking for a cheap but comfortable hotel with good access to the European Parliament and Brussels Midi, and at around 90 Euro as part of a rail & hotel deal through Eurostar, this did the job nicely.

A short walk from Rogier metro station, the hotel was easy to find due to its glass exterior, though for some strange reason I had difficulty finding the road itself despite crossing it a number of times (for reference - from Rogier, turn left at the figure-8 sculpture; there is a Café Iit on the inside corner as well as a rental bicycle parking point). I arrived to check in around 9pm and was welcomed in English by the reception staff, though he humoured me in my somewhat laboured attempts to make use of my very rusty French.

I was on the first floor and found the room to be spartan - plain white sheets and walls; simple black desk and chair and a small TV on a wall bracket. It was also very small, with just enough room to walk around the double bed, a clothes rail and an en-suite bathroom that was only just big enough for me to enter and use. However, it was entirely adequate; the bed was comfortable and I had a good night's sleep.

Breakfast in the early morning was far better than I expected. There was an array of breads and pastries, cheese and ham, cereal, yoghurt and fruits. Rogier station took me back on my merry way to Gare du Midi only a few stops away.

The day in question turned out to be a day of union action (I ended up on the same Eurostar train as many members of the RMT) meaning that many of the hotels were booked up and room prices were higher than expected - one hotel that a colleague recommended for around 80 Euro only had rooms at over 300 Euro, so it was something of a blessing to find Hotel Queen Anne. It won't be my hotel of choice next time I visit Brussels, but I certainly wouldn't be disappointed to find myself booked in to this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 13, 2010

Stayed for one night at the Queen Anne Hotel Brussels and after booking on late room and getting a double room with breakfast for 70 euro was surprised it was quite nice, clean and tidy, plesant staff with free internet laptops in the lobby.
The lift is heritage and no a modern Otis one and is an expereince not to be missed!
Breakfast was continental style and plenty of it, no complaints.
Hotel is on a main road near a police station and during the day there is a constant stream of police cars with sirens blazing all day!
We had room 305 at the rear of the hotel so missed out this! Fortunately.
Had a good night sleep as bed big and comfortable.
TV in room was satalite but showed nothing you'd want to watch, no news BBC or CNN only Austrilian soaps!!
All was well until we left and sat on the Eurostar heading home and it turned out that my wife had been bitten by what looked like mosquitos!! As she had bits all over her arms and legs! Then i remembered hearing a small buzzing noise by my head over night waking me up!
Couldn't complain at the time as bits came up after we left the hotel.
We had room 305, so be very warned!!!!
I have emailed the hotel since...................

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank njd47559
Reviewed November 9, 2010

Just spent a long weekend in Brussels with the main purpose being to visit the Herge Museum. I chose this hotel over another based on reviews on this website and the price and booked a eurostar holiday. Although it is slightly north of the main centre of Brussels it is still within easy walking distance of the main sites but slightly quieter. I found the staff all friendly and helpful. The cleanliness of the hotel is good. With the exception of a chest of drawers and tea & coffee making facilities, the rooms have everything you would need. There was a good selection for breakfast.
There are 2 laptops for free use of guests in the reception although I opted to pay €5 for 2 days Wi-fi access to use my smart phone.
The only thing which I thought was a negative was that the Walls are thin so noisy guests coming back after a few bevvies tend to keep you awake - bring some ear plugs if you have an early start in the morning.

• Stayed: November 2010