“Very Small Rooms with ordinary service”
Review of Hotel Queen Anne

Hotel Queen Anne
Ranked #101 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed May 2, 2014

We booked this hotel through internet and later on after our check in on 6th April 14, we realized that we did a big mistake for paying so high for such an ordinary hotel.Me and my friend booked a room with two separate bed and when we entered the room we realized that bed are separate but because of room sizes practically there is no space between them.
The toilet is very small and after looking at photos one will realize that it is not possible to use WC. Cleanliness was average with even average breakfast with almost no variety available to eat.
Only few staff can manage with English language so it is difficult to manage with restaurant staff while ordering something.
Location of the hotel is good and the staff member at the reception are always ready to help you.but overall a very ordinary hotel with quite minimum facilities.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the front road are OK as they get natural light and view
2  Thank TAlok

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Verry smal room on the first floor with view on the street. It is verry noisy. Room is old style with old fashion bathroom: no real shower. Carpet everywhere which does not give the sensation to be clean. Elevator from last century and verry slow. People friendly and helpfull. Breakfast is minimal.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Alessio L
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I was accommodated at this hotel in august 2012, for 2 nights. This hotel is an average one; about 15 min walk to the city center, poor breakfast, but it was enough for me. It’s a quiet hotel; I arrived late at night in the first day and received good rooms. Also, they were very helpful with my correspondence (I receive an envelope at the hotel and they kept it for me for 3 days before my arrival).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 11, 2014

This hotel is situated not far from the main railway station (Noord station), neither from la Bourse and the Grand Place. So it is well situated for a short stay.
Indeed, the room I had was rather small, but okay for one person. Also bathroom is a bit small. But for 1 or 2 nights it is okay.
Breakfast is a bit poor. There is ham, eggs, juice, coffee,... but I missed the yogurt. Also no newspaper to have q quick look before going to a meeting.
There is no internet on the room. I didn't died the internet in the hall. I just saw a paper informing that internet connection is 5 Euro. Today it should be free, also in the room.
Price of the hotel / night is more than okay. I've paid less than average and breakfast was included.
After all, when I'll be back in Brussels, I'll book again this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask from a room not on the street side.
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I stayed there because the usual hotel was overpriced due to a special occasion. I found it really good in a lot of senses. Small room but convenient for single use. Very clean, very comfortable bed. Quiet, with a very nice location. Very close to metro stations and gare du nord. Some good places to eat in a short walk from the hotel. The breakfast delicious. The staff kind. Ok, it is not luxury but it offers all the amenities. I would surely stayed again when on business trip.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Good price /quality; paid 90 EUR for single room with breakfast, during week days. Room was small but ok and clean. Quiet room on the backside. Comfortable bed. Very friendly staff. Good location. Breakfast was excellent: fresh bread and croissants from bakery shop, not from freezer! This is not a design or luxury hotel, but hey I didn't need more! Only one remark: internet in the room should be for free like in most hotels in big cities in Europe

Room Tip: ask for a room at the back side: no nice view but its quiet; no street noise...
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Unusually for me I find myself in agreement with much that has been written about this hotel. It is a good medium priced hotel..

The locations is fine – a few minutes’ walk from three metro stations and not too far from the city centre.

Whilst the room was not huge I have had smaller. I was on the top floor at the back #705 and it was quiet and I had a good view over the roof-tops. The room did not have a ‘fridge (which would be a major problem in the summer – as would the lack of a/c - the room is at the top of the hotel). The radiator coped with the cold OK. There was also no coffee maker.

The breakfast selection was fine with nice bacon and eggs. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Apart from the ‘fridge, there were two other minor annoyances. The shelf for the TV was over the desk. I hit my head on this twice in a two night stay. Also, you have to pay for the internet in your room – although you can use laptops in the lobby for free. I cannot remember the last time that I had to pay for internet in my room – certainly many years and many countries ago.

That said, I would stay there again - but not in summer!

Room Tip: High up at the back
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business