“A minimalist hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #101 of 200 Hotels in Brussels
Portland, Oregon
“A minimalist hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2011

We unexpectedly needed a place to stay in Brussels and wandered into the Queen Anne. They had one room left and since the people who reserved it had not confirmed, they gave us the room. Everything in the room was white--bed, table, 2 chairs, bathroom. There was a closet but no shelves. Once we had put our suitcases down, there was no place to put anything, not even in the bathroom. The room was very small. Getting up in the dark I bumped my head on the TV shelf. Our room was on the air shaft, so it was quiet at night. People who had rooms on the street complained of noise. Our problem was that, even though the weather outside was pleasantly cool, the room was very hot and opening the window did not help much. The hotel staff were pleasant and the breakfast was good.

The lift in this hotel was quite sketchy, I thought. I would not stay here with small children due to the chance that they might lose a hand or something as the elevator moves by the walls. Our room was quite expensive, we thought, so we left after one day and went to the Madeleine.

Room Tip: A room on the street will be noisy.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

Considering another Brussels' pricey hotels nearby, this hotel can be a perfect alternative to those looking to spend the night(s) just on the outskirt of the Grand Place. It took me around 5-7 mins of walk to Grand Place, depends on your walking velocity and what musics are on your MP3 player. It also appears to be handy if you are in a business meeting/conference at the chain hotels nearby (Hilton, Sheraton, Crowne - all only 5-7 mins of walk). It also took me about 10 minutes walking to the North Station to catch the train to the airport. Handy. Breakfast is included in the room price. The bed and pillows appears to be first class comfort. 5 Euro internet access / 48 hours also comes handy. The old-style elevator gives me chills...but that's the best part of it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Whitehaven
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2011

we stayed in the queen Anne for one night,before our trip to Bruges.The hotel was nice and clean,the rooms basic but very clean,the staff we're pleasant,and the breakfast was a decent choice of either cooked food,or continental style cold meats and different kinds of breads.

The hotel is a short walking distance from Brussels Nord railway station,or the Rogier metro station.The area the hotel is situated in has a few bars and restaurants,but to be honest i wouldn't venture too far from the hotel in the Evenings.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

I knew that the hotel was going to be basic but to not have some form of aircon/fan was not clever. We had to leave the window open which meant we heard every noise in the vicinity. The end of the night we had a group of people having a conversation in the passage until 4am. On a positive note the staff were friendly and the breakfast was edible.  I would not stay here  again..

• Stayed August 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Brussels hotels

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

This is an excellent example of a 3-star hotel that 'gets it'. It has a good location, which is its main selling point, but it offers a clean, safe, friendly and fresh environment.

Like most 3-star hotels, you will not be given a room that you will use, to stay in for hours, to relax, read or watch TV in.
Your room at the Queen Anne, will be reasonably priced, clean, small and very basic. It has a bed and a table and a small TV. The Bathroom is again, small, but clean.

I enjoyed my stay at this place. The staff was very friendly. I have also stayed at the HUSA -hotel and at the Le-Dome hotel, both in the same area as the Queen Anne. Eventhough the other hotels claim to be 4-star. I prefer the Queen Anne OVER the other two. Queen Anne is a small simple place, but it totally does the trick. Especially taken teh price and location into consideration.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank childonmoon
County Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2011

I stayed on my own for two nights in Queen Anne while I visited my son who is in University in Brussels. I disagree with many of the negative comments. I really wonder about some of the Trip Advisor reviewers - do they live in luxury houses at home. I agree - it is not a luxury hotel but it is more than adequate and very good value for Brussels. The single room is small, but my view on hotel rooms is that you need the room to sleep in and not to live in for your stay. The breakfast was excellent both mornings and I could not fault any aspect of it. I cannot see what is wrong with the breakfast room - it is open and very airy.
The location - just a short walk from central Brussels - is excellent. I certainly would not classify it as a red light district! I did not see any prostitutes and I failed to notice the strip clubs! The only wall I noticed with carpets was the wall of the lift – not an issue. Who needs to go to a hotel bar when there are so many excellent real bars in Brussels?
The big plus for me was the staff – they could not have been more helpful. When I asked for directions, I was not only given a map, but also shown the best way on the metro etc. I needed to store my son’s luggage in the room for a night – that was no problem. When the taxi which they had ordered for me was late they rang again to check without me even asking. I do hope the receptionists whom I met get to read this review – well done.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank Faheyj
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2011

As I was in Brussels for a two day conference I was looking for a cheap hotel to stay for one night near the center of town (Rogier)

The Queen Anne hotel was the least expensive hotel I could find (89 euro , including breakfast !)

The room itself was a very small one-person bedroom, but it had all I needed: a good bed, a bath, a shower, and a table.

The goo things about the hotel were:
- an excellent bed !!!!!
- no external noise
- good breakfast

I will probably go back if I need a hotel for one night in Brussels.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business