“Nicely located Novotel”

Novotel Brussels Centre
Ranked #30 of 198 Hotels in Brussels
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stayed here for a three night city break. The location is excellent and ideally placed to get around on foot or on the Metro.
We arrived on the Eurostar into Gare du Midi and took the Metro four stops up to De Brouckere. The trains are frequent and reasonably priced. Exit 4 will take you only a stone's throw across the road to the hotel.
The hotel itself is very modern and comfortable. The staff are very efficient and friendly and the hotel is exceptionally clean.
My only reason for marking it less than a 5 is that I just couldn't get the right combination of pillows to get comfortable and there was quite a bit of traffic noise even though we weren't on the main road. The windows didn't seem to sound proof as well as other hotels we've stayed in.
If you stay here, you are only a 5 minute walk from Grand Place and Manneken Pis (the most famous sites) and a wealth of bars and restaurants.
We would definitely consider a further stay here if we return to Brussels.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ILovePenang
NBCTN, General Manager at Novotel Brussels Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your positive remarks.
If we can give you a travel suggestion: transport from the Gare du Midi (Eurostar-Thalys) is the fastest when you take the underground tramway line 3 or 4, stop "De Brouckère".

There are newer reviews for Novotel Brussels Centre

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I decided to book this hotel with my girlfriend for her birthday. We got woken up around 9am by a ridiculous banging and drilling sound (from the room next door). I thought it would pass but when I wasn't able to hear myself think anymore I went downstairs to complain. After having to wait for half an hour before someone would address me, they said all they could do was offer 'a drink at the lounge' for compensation.

If you're looking not to be woken up early by construction noise and you're a person or a couple who likes to sleep in I would not recommend this hotel at all. Above that, if you don't present yourself in a suit at the reception, staff will treat you with disregard. The price you pay for a 3 star hotel shouldn't give you the elements of a hostel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jonathan L
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The rooms here were massive. The hotel was modern, clean, and the staff were friendly.

However, having stayed at various Novotels around the world, and maybe my expectations of their service standards were too high, I felt that their service standards were good, but there's room for improvement. There seems to be a "I'll do what I'm required to do, but not an extra mile" kind of attitude from the staff.

The steambath was great, but the Jacuzzi would be better if it were a little bit stronger. Also, the pool was on the cold side. Would make a huge difference if it were warmer, especially during winter.

Didn't understand why they didn't provide things like sewing or shaving kits(other Novotels provide it), and you have to pay for it to get it.

Hotel location was great! Located within walking distance of the Grand Place and the Manneken Pis. Alot of restaurants and supermarkets around too.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Lawrence E

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your feed-back.
Concerning the temperature of the jacuzzi, we can confirm you the that we can't higher it more than 30°C because of local health regulations.
Small sewing and shaving kits are free of charge at the reception. Toiletries however are sold at 6EUR per bag.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Our Eurostar trip to Brussels included this hotel. Nothing fancy, but is clean, modern and comfortable. Spacious rooms and separate toilet was a bonus. Huge buffet style breakfast, cannot fault. Near all the sights of brussels and 25 minute walk from Eurostar Gare de Midi - although recommend a taxi as walk does not take in the nicest parts of Brussels...
Would stay here again.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bexley2011

Dear Traveller,

Coming from the Eurostar "Gare du Midi", we recommend taking a taxi or the underground tramway (stop "De Brouckère") to reach our hotel in the city center.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Business in town on the day of a public transport strike led to me to stay the night before in this part of the centre of Brussels. Is a Novotel so nothing too fancy, but was clean, quiet, modern, comfortable, and well equipped. Breakfast was a self service canteen, but a good selection and a fair price. Easy walking distance of most things, including metro stops when not on strike, gare du nord (train to the airport), and the good restaurants on the quai aux briques, . Couldn't have asked for more and would happily go back there rather than some of its more expensive, older, showier neighbours.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Christopher,

I would like to thank you for recommending our hotel.
Hoping to welcome you again soon in Brussels!

With kind regards,

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Only stayed two nights in this hotel but it was lovely ,warm room ,comfortable bed, able to make tea/coffee.Good English breakfast.Free wireless.This hotel is very modern ,would have liked to stay longer and without a doubt would stop here again.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tracymay28

Dear Tracy,

Many thanks for your comments.
If you are able to book well in advance look out for our "early-breaks" promotions.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed in Novotel Brussels Centre for 2 nights, for my visit in FOSDEM 2013.

On the way from the airport to the hotel, the taxi driver told me that if I should require a taxi,
I should order it from the hotel, since there are a few taxi drivers who like to 'travel around with you in the taxi'... Distinguished hotels such as the Novotel, work with trusted taxi drivers which will avoid such tricks.

On the first morning in Brussels I asked the hotel service to order a taxi for me, following the advice I got. When the taxi arrived, I showed the exact address I needed which I had in my phone. So I was holding my smart phone in my hands during the ride. On arrival I took my wallet out, and accidentally dropped my phone. A few minutes after I went out of the taxi, I was horrified to discover I lost my phone with lots of vital information I have on it.

I managed to get a phone call back to the hotel (luckily they have it on the room card-key). Since I ordered the taxi from the hotel service, they managed to trace the taxi driver, who was able to find my phone and returned it to the hotel!!! Guys, you saved me so many important things I cannot even start to thank you!

Some more practical information on the room;
- As a single men on a business trip I got a very comfortable room. The room is very spacious, clean and useful for me to open my laptop and start working there.
- Other room facilities (A/C, bathroom, bed, etc) were just what I needed: very clean and in a good shape.
- Breakfast: standard European one. Personally I miss vegetables and cheese, but I enjoyed the menu they served.
- Location (, location, location)- no need to add more here, simply look at the map and see what I mean.

The only cavity I had is with the wifi- the free one is quite low on bandwidth, but still workable.
But hey, they saved my phone! and this is worth every Cent I paid and much more.
Many thanks guys!

For future readers, I strongly suggest adopting the tip I got; if you need a taxi, ask the hotel service to arrange it. You may find yourself in my position and thank the tipper and the hotel ;)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank doron_fe

Dear,

I would like to thank you for your positive feed-back on the service, this motivates our entire team. I'm glad your phone is returned!

WIFI is free of charge, but if you want to send large data, I recommend you to use the High Speed Internet which is povided for a cost of 9,90EUR/24hours.

Also thanks for the tips you shared with other travellers.