“High Quality, Relaxing Place to Stay”

Novotel Brussels Centre
Ranked #29 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bath
“High Quality, Relaxing Place to Stay”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

For a 3 star hotel, this is a surprisingly great hotel to stay at.

We stayed in a 'Superior' double room on the fifth floor and enjoyed a lovely view of the streets at night and the cathedral ruins next to the hotel.

The room itself was spacious, tastefully decorated, clean and comfortable. The restaurant and bar was very nice, as was the inclusion of a Mac area (which we used extensively) to plan your routes around the city or simply catch up on e-mails, Twitter etc. There's also a small play area and an Xbox 360 for the kids (or immature adults like me).

The downsides are minor at worst. There was a curious brown stain on the toilet wall - I'm not sure what it was but I was't overly keen to investigate further. There was also the fact that our room coffee and cups were not replenished after the second night. Oh, and a minor inconvenience of the toilet being separate from bathroom - meaning that you had to go the toilet, then to the bathroom afterwards to wash your hands. This is just nitpicking, though. It's a very, very minor inconvenience.

It's worth noting that while the rooms can be be expensive, reserving a room weeks/months in advance saved us a lot of money (we paid less than half price of the standard rate). As a result, planning and booking in advance means that this hotel should easily be able to fit within the budget of most people.

All in all, I really enjoyed my trip to Brussels and this lovely hotel was a big part of it. Would happily use this hotel again or another Novotel in a different city based on our experiences here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Wageningen, The Netherlands
Reviewed October 15, 2012

At reception welcome dby professional, helpful staff.
Room was great. Seperate wc, bed was loverly. Big shower was strong and hot. Centre easily accessible. I was traveling alone, but felt safe walking around on my own. Parking just across the street... Would book this hotel again!

Only thing: expensive: but i think i had the last room on a busy night...
Have not tried breakfast...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Larnaka City, Cyprus
Reviewed October 14, 2012

The room and bathroom were spacious, modern and stylish. The breakfast was rich. The location is very convenient. I think that it is better to book it through a website in advance for a much better rate than what you get on spot. Make sure the breakfast is included in the amount you pay! Would definitely go back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CyprusEffie
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I stayed 2012-02-03 to 2012-02-06 at a rate of €99/night. This was a very reasonable rate for what I got. As I always do, I searched the room carefully for pests/insects upon arrival, and found none at all. The bed, as I recall, was a foam bed, and was not excessively comfortable by I slept well nonetheless. I will probably stay in this hotel again when next visiting Brussels

The room does not have an clothing iron, and I had to ask the staff to bring one up. It took them longer than I would have liked to bring it, as I needed it somewhat urgently to do my ironing so I could get to sleep. But, it admittedly didn't take an unreasonable amount of time.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Hereford
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This hotel has obviously been fairly recently refurbished to a very good standard. Our room was very nice and modern, great bathroom. The breakfasts were good but parts of the restaurant were cramped. There is a plunge pool/small pool in the basement. In the main photo if you look to the left that is the car park which is very handy at 15 euros a day. Our only complaint was that the heating system was only blowing out cold air. I reported it immediately and was told it would take 15 mins to warm up. On returning 4 hours later it was still cold. Reported again. By the 4th time I told the very pleasant Robert who had a portable heater to us in minutes. About 10 minutes walk to Grand Place but of course other things to see on the way. Would definately stay again.s

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank patmar58
London
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights whilst on a short city break to Brussels. Both my husband and I were very happy with the hotel. Room was spacious and clean and nice flat screen TV. Extra pillows in the cupboard if wanted. It was quiet and we had no disturbance of our sleep at any time. We did not have breakfast as we felt 20 euros each was too much for us to pay as we are not big breakfast eaters. Went to a bakery around the corner for coffe and croissants which satisfied us and was a very reasonable price. It was easy to get to the places we wanted to see and we found some nice restaurants nearby for meals in the evening. We would use this hotel again if we returned to Brussels and have no hesitation in recommending it to others.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amymaria50
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Meters away from main square, restaurants and main attractions. Convenience stores are just around the corner (past the waffle place) and a massage parlor if you fancy it. Friendly staff, clean room and free wifi. There was apparently a music festival on during Saturday night but we couldn't hear any noise from our room on the first floor. Comfortable stay for the three of us except the frosted glass doors were a little awkward for a couple sharing with a single especially when there's a gap between the double doors when closed. Sofa bed's great though they only provided extra blankets instead of an additional duvet which would of made it even more comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends