“Good hotel for the rpice”
Review of Hotel Brussels

Hotel Brussels
Ranked #183 of 198 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Stayed at this hotel last year on my trip to Brussels. I personally am not someone that stays at hotels when I travel. My trip was about enjoying Belgium and Brussels. The room was a good size and it was a good bed to sleep. The bathroom was a bit small, but got the job done. i personally liked the location. I preferred that area of Brussels as it was close to the downtown and also one of my favorite bars Moeder Lambic. Its really close to the tram stops and bus stops so makes it easy to get to the grand plaza or even to the train stations. It can take about 20 minutes to get to the station but once you know you way around the city its very easy. There are small cafes and shops around with good sandwiches. I personally liked this area as it feels more local, then some other areas.

Once again if you like to stay in your room and enjoy your trip in your hotel then not for you. If you go to enjoy your trip and just need a safe and decent place to stay. I would recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank javier e

Reviewed August 6, 2013

It's a long story how I booked this hotel. But basically I've stayed in Brussels before and stayed in the Hilton. I found out that the Hilton in Brussels doesn't exist anymore and has now been renamed to "The Hotel Brussels". It's very near Avenue Louisa and the station Louisa. I got mixed up and didn't realise that there was another hotel with the same name on Avenue Louisa. The web site had it as a 4 star hotel therefore making me expect it was the same hotel. I looked at the prices and thought I was getting a bargain price. Needless to say when the taxi driver drove past the hotel I was expecting and started to drive out of town my heart dropped. We arrived and I was disappointed about the location because I didn't really know how far it was from town. However later it didn't turn out too bad because there is a tram stop just outside the hotel. The receptionists were very cheerful and the reception area looked new and decent. The breakfast room was immaculate and the breakfast was really good. The rest of the hotel was a big disappointment though. The rooms were shabby, the fixtures were falling to bits and the layout was spacious and very weird. The decor was entirely wrong, there were so many different styles of decor and it was badly put together which must of made it impossible to clean properly or maintain properly. There was no room safe and generally I would only stay there again if I was on a budget and the price was slightly cheaper than it was.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The hotel is very close to the city center! You can hop on a sightseeing bus which travels every 15-20 minutes and can take you through all the city. That's how we started our trip! There are two supermarkets nearby with great range of products!
The room is quite big and spacious. Ask for panoramic view and higher floor in advance, you'll enjoy it. We also had a balcony where we had breakfast (we bought croissants,fresh juices and coffee nearby the hotel).
Tha bathroom was very clean with a big mirror and bath. We had no problems with water, noise and so on. The trip to the city center takes max 15 minutes by tram which stops nere the hotel.

Room Tip: Upper floors, panoramic wiew, balcony in the room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Good value at around £80 and only about €10 in a cab from the station, so a good position. Clean, albeit a bit dated functional business hotel. Free and fast wifi throughout the hotel was good and the rooms were a decent size, good showers and pleasant front office staff who spoke good English. Didn't bother with breakfast as way too steep, but very nice cafe EKSI opposite which served everything......good Carrefour takeaway next door as well.....would stay again.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

The room was clean (for the most part, basic and large. The view was of a brick wall and the shower could have done with a good clean but we paid 140 Euros for two nights including breakfast so could not complain especially as the location was spot on.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We looked for a hotel near the University (VUB). Our daughter went there for the introduction day for bachelors studies on february 23rd.
We booked this hotel; close to the VUB, safe parking, free Internet, hot breakfast included for a
Reasonable price.
When we arrived at 17:00 hrs and got a room for 3-adults on the second floor. The room was nice but Quite empty!. We had one single bed and upstairs a double bed. One table and one chair but the worse; It was so cold!. We looked for the heating unit and there was only one small heater fan upstairs. We turned this on(checked that it stayed on when leaving the room) and went out for shopping and dinner. About 22:00 hrs we came back and our room was still freezing cold. As we only stayed for one night we decided to use all the extra blankets for the night. Breakfast; we just took some ham and cheese tried the “scambled eggs” and left as fast as we could. Fortunately we had an excellent dinner at the Indian restaurant close to this hotel.

Room Tip: Check the temperature first and have it fixed or change rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank vslovers
Reviewed April 7, 2013

we paniced and booked this very last minute and we were absolutly gutted when we arrived it was clear we could have found better in Brussels for better value for money.
the rooms were tired and barely at a 3 star standard. our room in particular had stairs and an seperate area upstairs - unknown why they gave a family room to a couple. the heat system was broken and so the room was sweltering! it was minus degrees outside but it was still tooooo hot in the room - as a result we had a terrible nights sleep.
we also paid for the continental breakfast which is by far the worst ive ever had, packet foods, nothing fresh.

you can definitely find better in Brussels!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple