“Good location”

Ranked #91 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Lisbon, Portugal
“Good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Brussels is an expensive city. If you are looking for a budget hotel near the Grand Place, this is the place to stay. I believe it has an excellent quality / price, more due to (relatively) low price than to the quality factor. Old, small and slightly degraded rooms and bathrooms, but free wifi, comfortable beds, and clean. Efficient and friendly staff. Beautiful breakfast room, with fantastic views over the roof tops. Reasonable breakfast, given the price range. The location, just by the Grand'Place, main restaurant streets and main Brussels attractions could not be better. The Hotel entrance, located in a narrow street and near an old theatre, is strange to say the least.

Anyway, a fair option if you want to stay near the Grand Place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank FernandoS
Stephanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Floris Arlequin Grand'Place, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you to for publishing your feedback on Trip Advisor.

The whole team thanks you for such a nice comment.

Looking forward welcoming you in a near future.

Best regards and wishing you and your family,

Kind Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

My mother and I spent four days here while exploring brussels, Antwerp and Bruges. Location is great. Easy to walk to central station from the hotel to go to other cities on the train. The hotel was literally two short blocks form the grand place and we walked all over brussels...even in the rain and cold of January. Believe it or not, we never used the metro. We arrived at 8am by taxi and room 312 was available (twin). I think it would be hard to find the hotel if arriving by train and traying to walk in the dark. Taxi was 50 euro. We decided to take a taki back to the airport at well, however it would be fine to take the train. We just didn't want to walk our heavy rollerboards over cobblestone streets to the train station..BUT it is doable.

The next morning after our first night, I decided to call down and asked about a higher room with a view and they gave us room 702 top floor...amazing corner room...largest ever hotel room I've ever stayed in Europe. They did not charge an upgrade fee either!

Breakfast was wonderful. Eggs, bacon, breads, cheese, meats, cucumbers, tomatoes, etc...not sure why others have reviewed and said the breakfast was just ok. The breakfast is included in the room price and it was filling every morning with a lovely view over brussels!

Another surprise was when I took my iPad down to find out the password for Internet and I was told it was free! The wifi was fast and I was able to face time family...so nice!

Throughout our stay the reception front desk workers were efficient and accommodating! There was a computer in the lobby as well as a bar. We paid for the coffee tea set for our room as we like tea and coffee whenever we are in the room. It was 10 euro per day, however they gave it to us for 10 euro for three days.

The only negative part of out stay is the noise from the outside streets...I can't believe who is awake yelling at 3am in the morning! Earplugs helped my mom and I was just exhausted from sightseeing so we were able to get a good night's sleep. However, if noise bothers you...this place might not be for you.

The room and location for the price made the noise bearable. We had a wonderful stay and can't wait to come back. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank cruisermom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

It was ok hotel and i could stay there again.

Very good: location, location.location - either for work or toursim! Plus, nice spacious rooms and tv had channels in English. Also, reception was very friendly. My room was clean.

OK: breakfast was included which was nice but it was nothing special, only two hot meals and not that good coffee. But in all fairness, its hard to find good coffee in Brussels hotels anyways.

Not that good: my room was noisy, i could hear my neighbours and at one night a lot of noice was coming from outside (party closeby at wednesday night?).

In conclusion, good price-location wise but could be slightly noisy.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank LiivP
kent
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Having stayed in 5 star hotels to slums in India I have to say that floris is a fairly poor hotel. The room which we had looked like going back to the 60' s it was a real disappointment, old carpet bathroom urgently needs updating the ceiling fan was square but somebody I think drunk cut a oval shape out the ceiling and left it hanging,it looked ridiculous, and the smell in the bathroom in the morning was beyond a joke, being awoken by smelly drains isn't very romantic at all. Staff were fine and the location was decent but if you want hi de hi then go there if u want to be treated a little better and be surrounded by a nice clean hotel do not stay here, I'm sure the manager will apply to this rating saying they are doing there best but it just ain't good enough especially when u are paying good money which in this climate u can ill afford to waste. Ideal for stag, hen nights but just.. Be warned

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gungster

Travelers are raving about these Brussels hotels

newcastle upon tyne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Ideally situated with five minutes walk from Grand Place. You have view of Grand place from restaurant on top floor. Rooms comfortable and quite large. I visited January therefore prices were good. Breakfast has enough choice with eggs and bacon a plus,but you need to ask to have it warmed up as container doesn't keep food hot enough. An ideal situation for visiting resto's and sites.

Room Tip: Most rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank mapmad_10
Stephanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Floris Arlequin Grand'Place, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

The whole team thanks you for such a nice comment.

We look forward welcoming you again in our hotel

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

The hotel was not initially easy to find and the taxi dropped us off what seemed to us, miles away.
It is quite centrally located - a few moments walk from the Grand Place.

The staff were very helpful and polite and the lobby looked quite fresh and funky. However, that did not translate to the rooms. Our room was shabby and looked really grubby. For the first time in a very long time, I wouldn't dare put my feet on the carpet, and made sure I had shoes to hand.
The bathroom looked dirty (there was ingrained mould along the windowsill and edge of the bath) and the fittings of both the bathroom and bedroom were old and had clearly seen better days.

The breakfast was okay, but the large signs in the breakfast area telling you it was forbidden to eat or drink in your room coupled with what felt like the continuous monitoring by the staff didn't make for a relaxing breakfast.

The hotel is essentially down a side street off the main thoroughfare next to a swingers bar, and if that's your thing, then great; but, at night, myself and my friends didn't feel very comfortable walking alone down the side street which was dark and had some less than savoury characters loitering around - not because of the swinger's club, but just generally loitering around.

I stayed here as part of a group of 3 friends, but if I were staying here with my partner I would pay a bit more and stay somewhere nicer.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pobbiphus
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your stay with us last month. Your review has received my full attention and I’m grateful for your detailed observation.
On the other hand I do regret that we have not been able to meet or exceed your expectation on a certain number of points.
Your comments will be followed up on and I apologize for any inconvenience some of the issues have caused to you.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly when your travelling plans should bring you back to Brussels as I would be pleased to host you again and make up for the discomforts experienced during your last stay.