“ideal citytrip to brussels” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Floris Arlequin Grand'Place

Floris Arlequin Grand'Place
Ranked #90 of 200 Hotels in Brussels
Brussels
“ideal citytrip to brussels”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

We had a 3 - days citytrip to Brussels. The first day we visited the inside town of Brussels, the second day we took the metro to the Heyzel, Atomium, Royal Palace of Laken. The third day we went to the 'european institutes' and the Brussels museum

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank SERGE V
Stephanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Floris Arlequin Grand'Place, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Serge,

I am very happy to read that you had an ideal time in Brussels and I hope that the Arlequin Grand Place hotel met all your expectations

We’re looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Kind Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

Suited our needs perfectly; welcoming and helpful reception, comfortable room with good shower. Beautiful rooftop breakfast room a bonus, good selection of food. Very handy location near grand Place. Would stay again.

2 Thank Sheila Z
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful comment. We really appreciate your feedback and we will do our best in order to keep our standards high.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

Picture the scene. My wife and I arrived at the hotel at 23.15 at night having not yet eaten and were looking forward to dumping our bags in the room and popping out for some food. The receptionist however had other plans. He informed us that there was an overbooking problem and that we would have to go to another Floris hotel. What a joke. He expected us to walk another 5 mins with all our luggage to find a taxi at what was now well after half past eleven at night to go to a hotel he could not even show us on a map, it was so far out of the centre. I had specifically booked this hotel as we had an early train to catch from the central station in the morning. Whatsmore, the room had been paid for in full over a month ago. What sort of hotel overbooks? This is an outrageous practice that I've fortunately never experienced before...although it seems others have at this one. So, please be warned. There may well be some good reviews on here, but can you be sure you'll actually have a room?

Fortunately the Ibis along the road had a spare room. I shall be seeking a full refund as the hotel had clearly breached its contract to provide a room as paid for at that location.

2 Thank sjchris
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your words, needless to say this leaves me with a bad feeling and I’m truly sorry to read about the circumstances encountered.
Rest assured that at the Floris Hotel Collection any unavailability of accommodation is a wholly uncommon occurrence and we do not ever willing overbooking.
I’m sorry to read that our team member was unable to arrange a taxi for you – this should not have happened – and I will definitely look further into the matter.

Do not hesitate to contact me directly if you like to discuss the matter.
Once again, I beg you to believe, the assurance of my sincerity,

Best Regards,

Travelers are raving about these Brussels hotels

Athens, Greece
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Let's say I was expecting to see at least the room from the photos, but the reality is very disappointing, location and service very good but not the standard room. Even the street is full of let's say not so good night clubs. I don't think I would go again, it could be much better.

1 Thank dimitris c
Stephanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Floris Arlequin Grand'Place, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. The Floris Arlequin hotel is located in the heart of Brussels and just next to the spectacular Grand Place therefore I’m very sorry to read that you were disappointed with the surrounding. We are situated in a cosmopolitan area with a great number of restaurants and clubs indeed….if this was not to your liking and if you prefer more quiet and luxurious surroundings you will definitely like our Floris Louise Hotel for your stay during your next trip. It is situated just off the famous Avenue Louise with its trendy and luxurious boutiques!

We truly hope you have enjoyed your stay in Brussels and would be happy to welcome you again on another occasion.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

A few years ago I stopped staying at this hotel because I was refused my room because they had overbooked. I was sent to another hotel, but when I arrived there it was also full! In the end, around midnight, my co-worker and I were obliged to share a room in a third hotel which was terrible and nowhere near our meeting the next morning. Hardly the ideal start to a business trip, suffice it to say. The thing that is so objectionable is that we had, on paper, a reservation backed by a credit card.

But the Arlequin is ideally located and has an excellent view for breakfast. This is why I decided to give them another chance last week when visiting with my parents. Upon arrival, they informed me that our rooms, already paid in full mind you, were no longer available and we would be shipped off to another location. At this point, I lost my cool and insisted in no uncertain terms that they find a solution -- which, surprisingly and promptly, they did: they put me in a higher-grade room that was free. But they also said that this meant that the next arrival would be bumped instead of me. Although I do feel sorry for that person, I also feel that hotels should not engage in these wanton practices in the first place. It is unfair to deny a room which has already been paid for. It feels like a scam to push people from popular to less-popular hotels.

Because of this, I subtracted two stars from my review of Arlequin. If one were assured that booking with Arlequin would actually mean staying at Arlequin, then I could warmly recommend this hotel.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank DavidE3
Stephanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Floris Arlequin Grand'Place, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all thank you for taking the time to share your opinion with us and my sincerest apologies for the circumstances you have experienced.
Any unavailability of accommodation is a wholly uncommon occurrence and our ranking and the vast number of positive reviews speak for themselves.
We do not ever willingly overbook and if it would happen due to unforeseen circumstances we do not book guests out to less-popular hotels as indicated in the review - it is as a hotelier our responsibility to seek alternative accommodation with a hotel of equal standard.

Once again my sincerest apologies for this unfortunate event.
Do not hesitate to contact me directly when making your next reservation as it will be my pleasure making sure you have an unforgettable stay.
Warmest regards,
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

This hotel is very well located – right next to grand place which is in the centre of Brussels, near to many restaurants, bars and tourist attractions. It is also very easy to get to on public transport as it is close to an underground station which is a few stops from Brussels Midi Train Station which is where Eurostar arrives in to. The hotel does open on to a pedestrianised zone which I see as a plus point but it is something to consider if you want to arrive by car.

The hotel receptionist was polite and helpful, although not exactly friendly. The room was average size. The bed was very comfortable and the curtains blocked out all light so we got a good night’s sleep. However, there was no mini-bar, complimentary tea and coffee or safe. The bathroom was OK – nothing spectacular but there was a decent shower, toilet and sink. The shower did have a tendency to flood the bathroom if the shower curtain wasn’t in the right place. The walls were fairly thin and we could hear the people in the room next to us use the loo which wasn’t the most pleasant thing in the world!

The breakfast was OK – not great and the coffee was pretty nasty. The breakfast room does give amazing views over the rooftops of Brussels though.

One thing that I thought was poor was the lack of IT facilities. There was one computer gests could use for free and this was situated in the middle of reception.

Wifi access cost 7 Euros a day, with no discount for multiple days which I thought was very expensive.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Annie_C29
Dear Annie,

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion. We are glad to read that you have enjoyed our central location just off the market Square. The aim of our team is to be professional and to provide high quality service in order to satisfy our guests needs and expectations so I truly feel sorry that you didn’t experience him/her to be exactly friendly. Regarding the mini bar and tea/coffee facilities; I have to mention that we do provide them in our executive rooms – maybe something to keep in mind when making your next reservation? Apart from that there is a bar onsite where guests can enjoy a cup of coffee or tea.

Once again thank you for your ideas/comments, they will be taken into consideration and we hope to host you again in the near future.
new york, ny
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

We booked this hotel through American Express Travel and were really pretty disappointed ...and surprised they'd have it in their options. Staff was wonderful. It's impossible to access by car as it's in a pedestrian zone. One of the staff came out to come with us to the parking lot which was very nearby but we couldn't have found it on our own.
The room was very clean, bed was comfortable but the rugs throughout the hotel were ratty and badly stained. Breakfast was ok but nothing more.
The hotel neighbor was more touristy than we wanted. Lots of people shilling for their restaurants on the street...not necessarily bad but not what we wanted.
We'd never stay there again.

Room Tip: Shampoo your room's carpet.