“I'd love to come back!”

Ranked #73 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Toshima-ku, Tokyo, Japan
“I'd love to come back!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

I would love to stay at this hotel again if I get a chance to visit Brussels!

Pros
-Location (very close to Grand Place and those tourist attractions. restaurants are around, and bars, coffe stand, kebab stand, convenience store where you can get various kinds of beers and wines are just in front of the hotel. and close to the station)
-Breakfast (They had English breakfast buffet like sausages and ham, pathe, cheese, egg, baked beans, tomatos and cucumbers.)
-helpful reception
-very clean room with small but very comfortable beds
-great shower and large bath tab.

Cons.
-Noise? ( Our room were on the 3rd floor, so we were absolutely fine. but I heard some noise from the bars and the street in front of the hotel. So it might be noisy for people staying lower levels.)

All in all, this hotel is cheap for what it is!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Mika28650

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Cyberflânerie
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

I was in Brussels for a conference and this happened to be a busy time, so I was pleased to find a room available here at a reasonable price. The location is very convenient, right next to Grand-Place, the Bourse, nightlife, and easy access to public transit. However, the hotel itself wasn't exactly easy to find, and some high visibility signage outside the entrance would have been appreciated.

The reception greeted me rather gruffly and reminded me sternly that breakfast was not included in my booking. Perhaps he was having a stressful day after dealing with many other guests who were there for the same reason, but it still felt somewhat off-putting.

I was given a room on the first floor, yet I could not find a staircase that would take me up. Instead I was forced to use the lift, which felt unbearably slow to just go up one floor. I saw some other stairs later but they were all marked as emergency exit only. Strange.

While the hallway seemed a bit worn, the room itself was very tidy. It was also very small, with a tiny desk that I could barely place my laptop on. Fortunately, I had been given a room that faced away from the street, so I still managed to get a good night's sleep. I can, however, understand the complaints of some other guests staying here saying the loud noise from the bar across the street disturbed them -- that can definitely be heard from the lobby.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TrapDivisor
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here as a party of three on a stopover to Luxembourg. The hotel is in a very convenient location just two minutes from grande place. The room was adequate for three and was clean with a modern style.

The only problem was that the street outside was a bit noisy at night but that it is the cost of being in such a central location. Overall i felt this was good value for money but i mayhave been annoyed by the noise if staying more than one night. The other thing is there is a casino opposite and the lights can be very colourful in your room, but this is just funny.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Nockie12
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

To begin, this sort of hotel is not for everyone. It's ideal for young people on a budget looking for a place to park their bags and bodies for the night. My friend and I were in Brussels mainly to enjoy the nightlife and sample the vast selection of Belgian beers, and this hotel is just a couple of blocks away from what appeared to be the main party streets of Brussels. The room was plain, but clean and relatively large compared to most hotels we stayed at in Europe.

If you are a light sleeper, you will have trouble sleeping at night because there is activity outside your window at all hours of the night. But we expected that to begin with, so it wasn't a problem for us. The front desk clerk was also very helpful in making local recommendations for bars and pubs for us.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank David L
Athens, Greece
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

I will begin my review with the only one positive thing regarding this hotel, which is its location.
It is 2 minutes from the main Brussel's square, next to the metro station and close to the main train station, but this is not enough for staying at this hotel.
The rooms are old, with old furniture and dirty. Bed is not comfortable at all and the corridors have a bad smell. Breakfast is as basic as it could be and the food seemed not to be fresh.

I payed for one night 148 euro!! which is overpriced for this hotel. The policy regarding the prices is something I also find unacceptable. You pay 150 euros for the first night and 70 for the next night. This makes you feel like you got scammed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Brussels hotels

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

If you like a lottery then this is the hotel for you. Some rooms are ok (those that have been refurbished) others can only be described as shocking. What you end up with is just pot luck. I ended up in a room that stunk so badly that I could not sleep and an asthma attack was initiated. The chair in the room was so tatty it scratched my legs, curtains were torn, wardrobe was broken and door would not close. The bed was sagging to say the least. When I complained sufficiently loud enough after suffering on my first night I was eventually given a much better room. Colleagues on the other side of the hotel hardly slept due to extreme noise. Breakfast was as basic as it gets.

Room Tip: Stae specifically what you want non-smoking, quiet and clean. You might then be lucky.