“Very nice bistro cuisine for a good price”
Review of Selecto

Selecto
Reserve with
Selecto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #177 of 3,757 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We tried this restaurant out on a friday with some friends. The place is well designed, bistro style with a twist. You have a formula of of two courses for 33 euro or 3 courses for 39 euro. We chose the 3 course formula. I had some shrimps with a nice mouse of citrus and green and white aspargus. Simple but well balanced and tasty.
As a main course I had stone bass in a cover of olives, which was really fresh and well prepared. As a dessert I had a millefeuille of chocolat, salted caramel with vanilla icecream. A perfect ending of a nice meal.
The white sancerre wine was a fruity and dry one, which was value for money.
Staff can be sometimes be a bit pushing (e.g. to go from the terrace where we had apéritif to our inside table and to order ) But in general they were friendly.
The price-quality in this restaurant is quite good and therefore I can really recommend it.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

This restaurant has just been open for a few months...in the beginning food was excellent! Nice choice, well cooked...but the last time we went...the menu had just changed...no daily choices and it wasn't that great...hope they upgrade themselves again!
Benefit of the doubt try it...price is more then OK!

Reviewed June 9, 2012

I made the reservation 2 months earlier by email, when I got there at 7pm in a Saturday in June, they had no idea who I was that I had to show them the email. Then there was NO ONEin the place! Absolutely empty while the restos around it were at least half full. I sat down by the window as i had a choice of any table and the Asian waitress asked me to move after 2 minutes saying the table was reserved. I said that I reserved 2 months ago and the place is empty and I travelled 6000 km for this meal and wasn't going to move. She left and came back to mumble something to me and when I turned to my right, the whole staff, about 6 of them were staring at me rudely. I felt very uncomfortable, so I got up and told them that their behavior was rude and unacceptable like most Belgians, and I'm going somewhere else. I also told them to be ashamed of themselves and no wonder the place was empty. Btw, it's also 50% more in price than other excellent places in the same area for the same food.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

it's new, it's simple, it's good
the menu is interesting and very friendly. the restaurant is in a happening area of Brussels at night with mostly restaurants and close to another one of my favorite: le Royal ( noisy) Selecto is more relax and not noisy. you cannot compare the menus because le selecto is very original in the limited dishes they offer and very affordable. Le Royal has great Belgian cuisine

Reviewed April 29, 2012

We found this almost by mistake, just walking in off the street and asking for a table, this is apparently almost unheard of as this restaurant books up for weeks in advance.
We struggled with the menu as it wasn't available in English, but we worked out what we wanted and ordered. We got the correct starters but it wasn't until we were about half way through the main that we realised we had the wrong food! It seems we had been given the table next to us's food, it was amazing and apparently a special order, this resulted in them having to wait ages for their food and the waiter was a bit panicky when he found out his mistake!
But get a reservation here if you can, it is well priced, with fast attentive service and amazing food.