“Very nice rooms”

Ranked #58 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Oslo, Norway
“Very nice rooms”
Reviewed November 22, 2009

Booked the hotel via booking.com. Got a good business rate including free internet connection. However, the internet did not work. Apart from this and the poor breakfast, the rooms was very big, clean and with all the conveniences in place. The location is very good, with many bars and restaurants nearby. For Brussels, this was a good hotel for the price.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank worldman1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Slovak first
Mountainside, New Jersey
Reviewed September 3, 2008

I travel to Brussels for business and have stayed at LeChatelain on no less than 8 occasions. I enjoy the Avenue Louise area where LeChatelain is located much more than the touristy Grand Place area. It gives you a better feel for the city of Brussels. But still, Grand Place is only a 20-25 minute walk from the hotel.
The hotel is friendly, comfortable, clean, and well managed. The rooms are spacious and the prices can't be beat by any hotel in this area.
This is a relatively quiet hotel, so if you're expecting a bustling lobby with a lounge full of other travelers, this is not the place for you.
On two occasions, the hotel was booked, so I had to make reservations at other hotels in the same area: once at the Soffitel and once at the four points by Sheraton. On BOTH occasions I was disappointed with my accomodations as compared to LeChatelain, so I walked into LeChatelain and they were able to get me in.
My ONLY complaint would be that the beds in SOME of the rooms are in need of replacement and you can almost feel the springs of the mattress.
All in all, I would recommend LeChatelain to anyone visiting Brussels.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank gregstrick9
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2008

This hotel was booked for us through friends in Brussels, who use it a lot for their work. We were not disapointed with their choice, arriving in a taxi from the railway station, we were greeted by the porter who took care of our luggage and checked in with no problems. We were then guided up to our suite, what a lovely room!!! Great view and plenty of space to move around.
We had been told the breakfast was pricey, so we did not try it
instead we went to a little cafe just around the corner in Avenue Louise, which was very good and cheap.
Would recommend this great hotel to anyone

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank LesleybNorway
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed June 26, 2008

We stayed here for two nights but wish it had been longer. We were upgraded at no extra charge and had a beautiful suite - so nice to have the extra room after staying in small rooms throughout Europe. The bathroom was huge and quite luxurious as was the rest of the suite. Was lovely walking down the Avenue Louise to the shops at the end. Experienced the street market on Wednesday night, lovely ambience. Would highly recommend this hotel and would love to stay here again.

• Liked — Having a suite instead of just a room.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
jacksonville
Reviewed April 8, 2008

I booked this hotel through the rail europe website and disclosed that there would be three people traveling; myself, my mother who is in her 60's, and my 10-year-old daughter. I was given a standard room and quoted a price through the website which I accepted. I then attempted to confirm the reservation directly with the hotel twice, since my other hotels had confirmed, and got no response.

When I arrived at the hotel at approximately 6 pm, I was told there was a problem with my reservation, and that a child could not stay in this room with 2 adults for security reasons. I didn't understand this and asked why I was not notified prior to my arrival. I was told that I was being moved to a junior suite which was twice the price of the other room. I, of course, objected, and told the front desk I would call other hotels. After further conversation I was told an exception would be made and we could have the standard room, and was shown to our room. The luggage was brought up, I tipped the staff, and we began to get settled in.

I then received a call from the general manager stating that his staff had made a mistake, that we could not stay in that room, that someone would be up to get our luggage and we would be moved into the junior suite. Our luggage was moved and I tried to call other hotels from the new room--mind you, we are three females at night in a strange city--but the phone was not turned on. I asked to make some calls to see if I could contact one of the other hotels that I had contacted prior to leaving the US. At this point I was told that if we left the hotel my credit card would be charged one night's stay.

I have never been treated so poorly--in the US or in Europe!! For this reason I would not stay at this hotel. I have to say that the hotel was lovely, and the rooms beautiful, but the treatment of us was outrageous. The general manager should be ashamed of himself, he never met with us (but sent the front desk staff), never apologized for the confusion regarding the reservation, and failed to contact us prior to our trip that there was a problem with our reservation.

• Disliked — general manager was not accomodating and we were treated uncourteaously at check-in
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
4 Thank deflaw
Stockholm
Reviewed June 7, 2007

Stayed three nights at this hotel during a business trip. If you book a non smoking room and don't care if you get a smoking room, and if you also don't find it important if the air condition works on your floor than this is the hotel for you!

• Liked — Very friendly and nice cleaning lady
  • Disliked — Fron desk were polite but did not like (friendly) complaints
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business