“I'll be back.”

Ranked #59 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Netanya
“I'll be back.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

I just returned from a wonderful family visit to Brussels where I had six days of children and grandchildren. I chose Le Chatelain Hotel from a recommendation and was delighted with every aspect of it. The service was warm and friendly and I truly felt welcome there. Even though I knew that is their job they do it well. My room was more than fine with all the amenities that a hotel room should have. The bed was very comfortable with a choice of pillows. I will go back to Brussels again this year and will definitely return to the Le Chatelain Hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
LeChatelainH, General Manager at Le Chatelain Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Luggage Tag,

We would like to thank you for your time and your comments regarding your first stay at Le Châtelain Boutique Hotel.

We are happy to see that you have spent a pleasant stay with us for your business trip. It’s always a pleasure to read these words from our guests : “I’ll be back!”.

Your encouraging comments give us great motivation on maintaining our efforts to offer high quality service to our guests. We remain at your entire disposal for any kind of information that you may need and we hope your next visit will be more than excellent.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon for another Le Châtelain experience.

Victor Camhis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Slovak first
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

Was here on business trip, travelling solo. Place is really warm and welcoming. However I was left waiting a long time at the lobby before I could get my key - didn't really understand why. But room is impeccable. Lift is old and vintage, but works well. Breakfast is greaaaaat!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
LeChatelainH, General Manager at Le Chatelain Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Legalgenius,

We are happy to see that you have spent a pleasant stay with us for your business trip. It’s always a pleasure to read these words from our guests : “Nice stay - great b’fast!”.

Ohio City, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

I spent a week in Brussels on business. I am an American and I have been to Brussels many times as I have family there. This was my first time at Hotel Le Chatelain.

The location is excellent. Right nearby is Avenue Louise which has all kinds of restaurants and shopping. Also, nearby is a tram stop with trams that go everywhere in the city.

I had heard that it was a somewhat formal hotel, where it was difficult to accommodate requests which were not part of the regular hotel policies. However, when I requested a microwave oven for my room, even though I was staying in a superior room, the hotel agreed (and they were aware that I had booked my room through a 3rd party online web site). Their willingness to agree to my request made my stay much more pleasant.

I found the staff overall to be friendly and helpful. I speak French, so I had few communications problems. However, I can imagine that non-French and non-Dutch speakers might run into a few challenging situations during a week long stay.

There is a pretty good workout facility (for a hotel) on the top floor, which also has an excellent view of the city. The bar has an outdoor seating area which is beautiful, but it was too cold (Brussels in November is always seasonably cold) to use it.

Room Tip: Try to get an upper floor room, as it will be quieter and you may get a view of the city.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
LeChatelainH, General Manager at Le Chatelain Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Ddan7777,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor.

It’s always a pleasure to read such nice comments from our guests: “excellent hotel in great location, even experienced some staff flexibility”.

We are thrilled to read that you had an overall pleasant stay and appreciated our staff members’ genuine service. Our employees are multi-lingual starting with French and Dutch, as well as English, Spanish, German and Portuguese. Your encouraging comments give us great motivation on maintaining our efforts to offer high quality service to our guests.

Belgian in Manila
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed in Le Chatelain for nearly two weeks in October . The hotel is a very practical and efficient place to stay in Brussels , the location uptown Louise area is perfect , and staff most helpful and courteous . Our room was spacious , quiet and very comfortable, and this hotel is therefore also well suited for longer stays . Overall we were extremely pleased with the whole thing and will certainly return when next in Brussels .

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
LeChatelainH, General Manager at Le Chatelain Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Rivendel_9,

We would like to thank you for your time and your comments regarding your stay in Brussels.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, especially our service quality, the staff, location and the comfort in the room.

Your encouraging comments give us great motivation on maintaining our efforts to offer high quality service to our guests. We remain at your entire disposal for any kind of information that you may need and we hope your next visit will meet your expectations.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back very soon at Le Châtelain Boutique Hôtel.

March, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night, hotel is very clean, the staff could not be more helpful, the rooms are clean and comfortable and would definately stay next time i am out there on business.the hotel is situated a half block off Ave. Louise, and a short walk to the Toisson d'or shopping area and a tram ride into the centre square

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tony R
LeChatelainH, General Manager at Le Chatelain Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Welefant ,

We are happy to see that you have spent a pleasant stay with us for your business trip. It’s always a pleasure to read these words from our guests : “Great Place to Stay”.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

stayed in a suite here for 6 nights, the staff were very helpful and polite, the room was clean and a reasonable size and good to have a separate sitting area and our room looked out onto the street .
the courtyard was a bonus! we could have a quiet coffee or drink here any time. Also the dinner wa s good food. Close to the tram to centre of town and opposite No7 , a great bistro. our only complaint was the cost of breakfast € 29pp is overpriced

Room Tip: worth getting a suite if staying a few days
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
LeChatelainH, General Manager at Le Chatelain Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Anne F,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us.

We are delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and will gladly forward all these positive comments to our staff.

The B’artist Cafe, where breakfast is served, provides the perfect setting to start off your day, while our American breakfast buffet offers a wide choice of delicacies. It combines fresh squeezed juices and all kinds of coffee, a variety of cheeses and cold cuts as well as fresh baked bread and pastries. Moreover, our Chef gladly prepares any special wish for you, may it be your favourite eggs or a home-known specialty, you only need to ask for it.

For your next stay, feel welcome to have a look at our Ambassador Suite. If you enjoyed our Florentine Gardens with the mural frescoes, you will adore our suite’s terrace overlooking Brussels.

We are looking forward to welcoming you soon again.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Hi all,
I stay here on a regular basis when I am in Brussels for work. The rooms are always nice and clean. The upper floors are generally quieter although most times I stay here I do get a good nights sleep.
The morning breakfast is only ok though. Ive had better. Their wifi is not included in the room price and is extra which is not great but it works fine.
Taxi fare from the airport is 50 euros to this hotel as well.

Room Tip: Upper floors are quieter
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank traveller821
LeChatelainH, General Manager at Le Chatelain Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear traveller821,

First of all thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience with us.

We are delighted to read that you enjoy the consistent cleanliness and positive atmosphere of our hotel.

When booking via our website, you receive top quality WiFi for free during your whole stay. Furthermore, you always have free WiFi access in all public areas.

Regarding our American breakfast buffet, our offer ranges from different fresh squeezed juices to all kinds of fresh pastries, cold cuts and hot dishes. Additionally, our Chef gladly prepares your favourite eggs or home-known specialties on demand.

Offering a shuttle and limousine service from and to the airport, we aim to make your stay as comfortable and at ease as possible. Driving you whenever you need us to be on time and giving you the opportunity to pay together with your room bill, allows you greatest convenience compared to a normal taxi fare.

We are looking forward to seeing you soon again and will gladly welcome you at the airport already.