“Near the MCE but far from the center”
Review of Le Chatelain Hotel

Le Chatelain Hotel
Ranked #63 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Traveled to attend management wirkshop at MCE & Stayed for 7 nights without breakfast. Tiilets & Rooms are clean. Bed comfortable. Nice small garden area for having dinner, drink and smoke. Live Piano playing evening time which was relaxing. Helpful staff and they speak good English. Neighborhood is quite after 18:00 hrs with few bars and irish pub nearby. Loise street near fir lux shopping but Far away from the Grand place but you can get there by the trum which stops 300 meter from the hotel. Its non smoking hotel so each time you have to smoke outside or at the garden. Price little bit high. Overall good and would stay back if attending another workshop at MCE.

• Stayed: July 2013
LeChatelainH, General Manager at Le Chatelain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear HameedDadi,

First of all, thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at Le Châtelain Boutique Hotel with us.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed the comfort of our room, the atmosphere of our bar and restaurant and the helpfulness of our staff.

We hope to welcome you back soon at Le Châtelain Boutique Hotel for your next visit in Brussels.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Top hotel with friendly service, clean rooms, discret, lovely little backgarden for coffee, central but in a calm part of the city. One negative that our pre-ordered taxi never got booked so we had a bit of a tight timeline arriving to church for a wedding. Air conditioning wasn't cool enough at night and no possibility to regulate it in the room. Overall very good stay though!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
LeChatelainH, Directeur général at Le Chatelain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear STHLMPaula,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at Le Châtelain Boutique Hôtel.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed the professionalism of our staff, our facilities and our central location.

Be assured that we have taken your comment concerning the taxi into consideration and it has been communicated to the reception team in order to avoid any reoccurrence in the future.

Concerning the air conditioning, all rooms have the possibility to be regulated directly by the client. We are sorry that yours was not cool enough and have passed the information to our maintenance department to prevent such disagreement from happening again.

We hope to welcome you again in Le Châtelain Boutique Hôtel for your next visit in Brussels.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Two weeks ago my husband and I spent one night in the chatelain hotel in Brussels - a nice hotel in a pleasant neighborhood. I made an internet reservation for an executive room, described in the hotel site as "at least 45 square meters" with a sitting area and a sofa bed. The room we had was much smaller and with no sofa bed, just one armchair. Going out I asked at the front desk if this is indeed an executive room, and the answer was - yes. In the past I would not have taken this for an answer , but this time I just gave up. However, the next morning, perhaps because I did not sleep well (the bed being not that comfortable), I went to the front desk and complained. This time they admitted that this was rather a small room. I asked - so why did you give me the small room if the hotel is quite empty? They promised to check it. The answer was that it was their mistake and I will be charged for a superior room rather than en executive one. The point is that I made a reservation for a big room and i did not get it. Besides, I cannot understand why, instead of upgrading its customers, if possible, the hotel chose to downgrade them. I wonder if this is a policy, otherwise, what kind of a "mistake"was it?
That being said I would like to add that this is a good hotel.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
LeChatelainH, Directeur général at Le Chatelain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear ruth J,

First of all, we would like to thank you for sharing with us your stay at Châtelain Boutique Hôtel.

We are glad to read that you have appreciated the hotel and had a good stay in our establishment.

Be assured that we have taken into consideration your comments, and we will pass them to all the concerned departments in order to avoid such reoccurrence in the future.

We truly hope to have the chance to welcome you again at hotel Châtelain, during your next stay in Brussels.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I landed here by chance ... as I had no bookings at any other place. And, I was totally surprised with this amazing find!!! Such a beautiful property, very clean and intelligently designed. Stylish décor of the building, lovely rooms, yummy food and that friendly staff ..... All was amazing. I will definitely recommend this place to my other friends.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 4, 2013

My organization uses Brussels NH hotels, which I detest, with their awful service, bad wifi and mediocre breakfast--how can you get consistently bad waffles in Brussels? But Le Chatelain is the antidote, and I move their twice in a the month to escape NH hotels. Fabulous breakfast, gorgeous room with nice amenities (not large though, but larger than NH), and very very friendly and helpful staff. The bar is nice too. So enjoyable and great location too.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
LeChatelainH, Directeur général at Le Chatelain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear BL,
First of all, we would like to thank you for giving us your feedback about your stay at Le Châtelain Boutique Hotel.

We are glad to hear that you appreciated the room and enjoyed your stay with us.
And we are particularly pleased that you enjoyed the friendliness and helpfulness of our employees.
It is our priority to satisfy our guests and we will continue on that way thanks to comments like yours.
We really hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again at Le Châtelain Boutique Hotel.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Maybe the hotel is not really up to the 4 starts that publicizes, but is rather a small hotel but quite cozy. Quite good breakfast buffet, although, again, not up to 4 stars. Rooms are nice and warm. Rue Balli, on the back of the hotel, is a nice place for shopping, a coffe, good restaurants, dry cleaning, and other services. The best of my stay at this hotel was the morning of my departures, when I woke up to a snowed Brussels, no taxis, everything blocked. The staff at reception and doorman did really all what they could to try to get me into the train station, where I was meant to catch my train to Paris. That was very much appreciated.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
LeChatelainH, General Manager at Le Chatelain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear Immasu,

Thank you for sharing with us your comments about the Châtelain Boutique Hotel.

We are so pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay in our establishment, and that you appreciated the professionalism of our staff.

Your feedback is extremely important as it helps us to continually improve our services and provide our valued guest a memorable experience.

We truly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in Le Châtelain, for your next visit in Brussels.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed here on business. It is everything that you would expect from a good business hotel. As I remember the location was not very close to the centre of Brussels. That is the only downside I can think of.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
LeChatelainH, General Manager at Le Chatelain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear RuudKn,

We would like to thank you for sharing with us your comments about your stay at Châtelain Boutique Hôtel.

We are glad to read that you enjoyed the hotel and that all services we offer to our guest, met your expectations.

We hope to welcome you back at hotel Le Châtelain, during your next stay in Brussels.