“A piece of Heaven!...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 197 Hotels in Brussels
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“A piece of Heaven!...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I landed there by chance... another nearby hotel did not honor my reservation, it was late at night, my wife and me were just arriving from Amsterdam, and we got a room.
A very nice room, suite, large and clean.
The bed was plush as can be.
The bathroom was impecable (my wife is the type that won't shower in hotels without sandals ... well, here she soaked in the tub).
Since it was so late, we ordered room service... An incredible Hamburger with Belgian beer, of course, to wash it down.
All is good!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
LeChatelainH, Directeur général at Le Chatelain Hotel, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear fcgg,

First of all, I would like to thank you for sharing your stay at the hotel Le Chatelain.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed you stay with us, the room we gave you and the room service.

We hope to have the pleasure and the luck to welcome you again at the hotel Le Chatelain for your next stay in Brussels.

Victor Camhis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Slovak first
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Booked this hotel as a mystery booking, and it was a fairly average experience. Although it met the basic requirements of a hotel of its class, the only way I can describe it is 'satisfactory'. Firstly, if you want to be near any of the more touristy areas of Brussels, don't stay here. It's a good 30 minute walk from the city centre. The room itself was fine, as was the general appearance of the hotel. The staff were mostly helpful, but there weren't enough of them to check-in. A particularly negative experience was that the hotel concierge recommended a car hire location that was a tram trip away from the hotel. Some Internet research revealed another car hire place less than 10 minutes walk away. Don't even get me started on the €30 breakfast that consisted of some croissants and some very overcooked bacon and eggs. There is a small market just down the road with similar options at a much more reasonable price.

I think this hotel once had some charm and grace, but is now like a dame who has grown old badly.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
LeChatelainH, Directeur général at Le Chatelain Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear TravellerN0tT0urist,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking time to share your stay at the hotel Chatelain with us on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your room and the general appearance of the hotel.

The breakfast we propose to our guests is an American breakfast with a large variety of hot and cold dishes prepared by our Chief.

I am happy to read that you liked the staff. We always do our best in order to satisfy our guests as it is our first priority.

We hope to have the luck and the pleasure to welcome you at the hotel Châtelain for your next stay in Brussels.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

My room was huge but every item had a label on it saying "this costs so many euro". Felt extremely unfriendly, no idea of hospitality, especially for the money we were paying which was quite a lot. Our room was over the entrance to the garage so got woken up very early each morning. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
LeChatelainH, Directeur général at Le Chatelain Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Orangeandorange,

Thank you for taking time to share your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed the size of your room as well as the breakfast we propose to our guests.

Our priority is to satisfy our guests as much as we can so be sure we took well note of your comment.

We hope to have the pleasure and the luck to welcome you at the hotel Le Châtelain during your next stay in Brussels.

Kaiserslautern, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This hotel was in a very nice part of the city. You are about a 10 minute taxi ride to the Grand Place (around 10-15 Euro ride, one-way) and a 10 minute walk from the heart of the Louise shopping district. It is also located very close to a tram stop that you can take into the Grand Place, or anywhere else in the city. There are cafes and restaurants near the hotel so you will be able to find something to eat/drink if you want to stay in the area. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear UGADawg2006,

First of all, I would like to thank you very much for your kind feedback about your stay at the hotel Le Châtelain.

I am glad to read that you appreciated the location of the hotel which is not far from the Grand Place by taxi or tram/metro and next to the Louise shopping district also.

Our priority is to satisfy our guests as much as we can so we are happy to read that you appreciated the staff.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you at the hotel Le Châtelain during your next stay in Brussels.

Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Our Junior Suite was nice but the furniture was "aged" at places. The bathroom was big enough and the amenities were good, including iPod station. The breakfast was disappointing especially for 28€pp. It lacked choices, good pastries and healthy options. However, the staff was very friendly and competent throughout our stay.
Overall good experience but far from true 5* star hotel!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
LeChatelainH, Directeur général at Le Chatelain Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Laetisz,

First of all, I would like to thank you for sharing your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed the size of the bathroom and it’s amenities as well as the iPod station that we propose to our guests in the room.

Finally, I am very pleased to read that you appreciate the kindness of the staff. We always try to do our best in order to satisfy our guests and we will continue on that way.

Ankara, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights for business and the hotel was adviced by the people who organised the meeting. I was not expecting much but surprised by my stay in this small but nice hotel. If I was on vacation I would prefer to stay at a hotel closer to the metro and to the touristic places of Brussels such as Grand Place but this hotel was also at a nice area where the most famous boutiques were located (Avenue Louise) and still in walking distance to the Grand Palace if you do not mind walking 30 minutes. The rooms were clean, big enough to feel comfortable, nicely decorated. It was quiet and relaxing, and looked safe as you have to use your room key to enter to the hotel after certain time. I also forgot my engagement ring on the table whole day and found it at the same spot ; which might not be the case at lots of places. The staff was kind and very helpful and the breakfast was better than most of the 5star hotels with a good selection and variety. There was free wifi at the lobby but you had to pay if you wanted to use in the rooms, unless you make your reservation at their website- than it is free in the room as well. I noticed a very nice-looking garden outside but can not use because of the cold weather- it may be nice during summer. As a summary I enjoyed the hotel and can stay again.

Room Tip: If you make reservation from the hotels website, the wifi in the rooms are free
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
LeChatelainH, Directeur général at Le Chatelain Hotel, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear inci61,

I would like to thank you for your very kind and detailed feedback about your stay at the hotel Le Châtelain.

I am glad to read that you appreciated the cleanliness, the size and the decoration of your room.

The hotel is not located next to a metro stop, but we have a tram stop located next to the hotel and for your information this tram goes to Louise which is one of the metro stations.

It is our priority to satisfy our guests and we will continue on that way.

We really hope to have the pleasure and the luck to welcome you at the hotel Le Châtelain during your next stay in Brussels.

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised by this hotel. We booked using lastmintue.com secret hotel deal and did not know what to expect. We were very lucky and got the booking for a great price. We could not fault this hotel, it was absolutely lovely. The rooms were very clean and well presented. The staff were very helpful and attentive, especially the reception. The breakfast was very nice with plenty of choice and we were lucky they had a half price breakfast on the Sunday.
My only critique, and it is a minor one is I would challenge whether this is really a 5* hotel. Granted it is a very nice hotel but for a 5* you tend to expect bells and whistles and all the trimmings but this hotel was somewhat more understated.
Overall we really enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
LeChatelainH, Directeur général at Le Chatelain Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear shop2wow,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your very kind and detailed comment about your stay in our hotel.

I am very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and specifically the cleanliness of your room, our very various and complete breakfast as well as the proficiency of our staff.

Be sure that our first preoccupation is to satisfy our guests so we will continue on this way and do our best in order for our guests to feel good in our hotel.

I really hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again in the hotel Le Châtelain during your next stay in Brussels.

Best Regards,