“Good value for money”
Review of Izan Avenue Louise

Izan Avenue Louise
Ranked #125 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed here on business 2 weeks ago and after having my luggage 'stolen' by striking airport staff, found the hotel staff warm, friendly and very understanding about my predicament. The room was large and very comfortable and breakfast was fine. As a business hotel, I would definitely chose to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed May 21, 2013

The Izan is a nice hotel, in which we had a really big room for a very reasonable price (around €85 per night all up). The bed was comfortable and we had two easy chairs and quite a good sofa. Bathroom was a little on the small side and you had to open the door carefully if someone was already in there.
It's just off the Avenue Louise - about 25 minutes walk from the centre and in a slightly odd area -but only because of the number of table dancing bars nearby. We were told that you can encounter streetwalkers at the wrong time of night but didn't see any ourselves. We have a very nice female cousin who has lived nearby for 18 years without any problem, but you may have to be a little careful late at night if you head away from Avenue Louise. But don't let that put you off.
We would stay there again without any hesitation at all.
The only small complaint was that although there was a kettle, the rather meagre ration of coffee and tea was both inadequate and not renewed enough each day. Take you own tea bags and milk! Other than that, all was fine.

Room Tip: We were in Room 503 and that was good enough for us. Other than that, there are no great views to tr...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We booked this hotel for a two-night stay over the first May bank holiday in England.

My husband and I travelled with our friends (another couple) and arrived in Belgium early in the morning (5.30 am). The staff at the hotel were absolutely fantastic and made arrangements so that we were given one of our rooms to use until check-in time (when we would get the other room). This made our trip much easier since we were worried we wouldn't have a room to freshen up in that early in the morning.

The rooms and the toilets were clean and we had no problem whatsoever. The hotel itself is close to both the tram stop (Place Stephanie) and the metro station (Louise/Louiza). For those people who say that renovation is a must- I don't think so. While the bath area was a little worn, it was absolutely clean and I am a very finicky person, so I would definitely point out that renovation is only a necessity when things are breaking down and hygiene is a problem.

Even the rates at which we secured the rooms was fantastic and it made for a really good short-holiday hotel. The staff at both the breakfast area and the reception were warm, friendly and very helpful. They were patient enough to give us tips on where to eat and what to see along with other odds and ends that we asked of them.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody who is visiting Brussels, and I wouldn't look further than this hotel if I had to go back for another holiday.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank StorySeeker7
Reviewed April 29, 2013

we were pleased with everything about the hotel. first of all the staff were knd and helpful, second, the hotel has everything you need (with that reasonable price level!): the room is clean, large and provide all the items you need. there is a tv, mini fridge, two bergeres, one double bed and a pull out bed. although the bathroom is small, it provides all you need.
there is an indoor garage but you have to pay for it (but not so expensive).

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 28, 2013

To be honest, the rooms are in serious need of renovation (in our room, the curtains were hanging off the rails) and they need to provide soap in the bathrooms (or at least provide more shower gel) but the location to the Place Stephanie and Avenue Louise is excellent and it is also well situated aka restaurants. The staff were very friendly and helpful, with the exception of one person on the reception. For the price, it's excellent but if you want luxury, go elsewhere.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed here just last weekend. Got the hotel very cheaply on Expedia. Great location just a few yards off avenue Louise and about 100 yards from place de Stephanie. Lots of quaint restaurants nearby. Rooms were clean and pretty nice. Great shower and they provided you with complimentary ear buds, toothbrush, razor etc in your bathroom which was a nice touch!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed at the hotel 2 years ago, and had a really nice large room on the first floor. This time around I got (for the same price) a small room on the 7th floor. The upholstery on the seat was so worn I thought it could tear any time. The heating was hard to regulate (it seems to be either very hot or cold). The air in the room was so stale and musty that I had to keep the window a bit open (it was 0 C outside with snow... Nasty weather... But still kept the window open). There was also a plastic sheet as mattress cover which makes for very uncomfortable sleeping (I took it off). The bathroom was very small and awkwardly arranged (had to close the door entirely to be able to get into the shower). The staff was so-so friendly, and does not provide the standard city map. I could go on, but I suppose you get the picture: a run-down hotel... And you can doubtlessly get better value for your money on Brussels!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business