“Great hotel for shopping in Avenue Louise”

Steigenberger Wiltcher's
Ranked #27 of 198 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Was there a couple of times and each time was very good. The hotel is very well located on Avenue Louise where lot's of expensive "haute couture" and luxury shops are. The hotel itself has a connection with a very nice spa. Rooms are ok but some might need to be refreshed. You will not see bugs or moisture but for a 5* hotel and especially at the price tag they offer some more attention to the room quality would not be a bad idea

Food served at the restaurant is great and breakfast just amazing.

I would also advise you to visit the bar. They have won a couple of price for their cocktails.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Grandhotel_Brussels, Manager at Steigenberger Wiltcher's, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear Frédéric V,

Thank you very much for your comment! I am happy to read that you and your family enjoyed our hotel and its services at each visit. You may be interested to learn that we are undergoing an intensive 3-year refurbishment program as of this summer, starting with our suites, bedrooms and bathrooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and hope to be able to accommodate you in one of our renovated rooms.

There are newer reviews for Steigenberger Wiltcher's

Reviewed May 7, 2013

While a bit further off from the main tourist attractions, the Steigenberger Grandhotel offers luxurious accomodations in one of Brussel's high-end shopping districts (Place Stephanie) with direct access to tram and bus routes (and about 10 min. walk to the nearest subway station, Louise). Checking in is quick and easy, and the staff are all extremely helpful (and quite used to dealing with clients like me who can only sputter out a few words outside of English). The rooms are clean and come with comfortable beds, a large desk, lots of storage space, and a relatively spacious bathroom. There's a Nespresso machine if you really need a quick caffeine fix!

The breakfast is a tad expensive, but I rarely eat at hotels anyways. You can easily grab a couple of baked goods, coffee, and juice at a bakery down the street or at one of two groceries nearby. There are a number of decent restaurants on Avenue Louise closer to the city center, though I recommend getting closer to the Grand Place for the best dining options.

The WiFi is about 10 euros per day, but that's pretty standard in Europe I think.

My one gripe was that you had to pay through the nose to access the gym, which is located within a spa. Apparently, it's co-located with the hotel but run by a separate business, hence the fee.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear SJM_DC,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us such a wonderful review following your recent visit. I am thrilled to read that our colleagues have been of a great assistance and have shared your comments with them. It gives us great pride to know that we have succeeded in making your stay an enjoyable one.
We hope to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

We loved the luxury of this beautiful hotel. My husband and I stayed for 6 nights. Included in our room rate was full buffet breakfast, plenty of choice, fruit, juices and even champagne every day. Our room was excellent with lovely thick curtains for a great sleep, I found the bed to be a bit hard but the pillow was great, very roomy with coffe/tea making facilities, safe, ironing board and 2 bottles of water free every day and also free wifi. The bathroom was good with a shower and a separate bath, the fittings are old-fashioned but suited for this gorgeous hotel. The only thing I wish for would be for them to make the bathrobes in small sizes as well, they were too big for me. The service was excellent.
The area it is located is well known for its fashion-boutiques and expensive labels. I will recommend this hotel without hesitation.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor at the back, it was very quiet, could not hear any noise whatsoever.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Margharita P,
I appreciate you taking the time to share your impressions in regards to your recent stay with us.
My colleagues and I are thrilled to read that you and your husband had a memorable stay at the Grandhotel Brussels and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights, the hotel is kinda impressive when driving up to it, check in was simple, the kids at the front desk were nice and helpful, but that's about it... The room was ok, the bathroom was old, some of the fixtures were broken, the shower was weak. You pay 10 euros for Wifi for 24 hours. The location of the hotel wasn't in the best part of town, around the corner at 2 strip clubs, hooker were seen on the same corner. If given the choice I don't think I would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear TravelingKnome,
Thank you for having taken the time to let us know your experience at the Grandhotel Brussels. While I am pleased to read that part of your experience was pleasant, I naturally regret that our bathrooms and location were not up to your expectations. Whereas many of our guests appreciate our prime location of high-end shopping and easy access, it is true that we are also within walking distance of 2 private membership-only night clubs. I am happy to let you know that renovations of our bathrooms are planned to start this summer and that our guests can enjoy complimentary WIFI when they make their reservation with the hotel directly.
I am delighted that your overall impressions about our service were positive, and hope that should you have the occasion to return to Brussels that you would consider us all the same.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I have been traveling for a month around Europe, This hotel is the worst Hotel I have had in my life. They did not clean the room and the service in General was really terrible.

The people at the concierge is rude from the beginning.

Fortunately the Manager of the Hotel appears and was very kind.

I will never recommend this hotel to no body.

Room Tip: Please never go to this hotel if you want to spend a good faction
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank luismiguelcorona

Dear Mr. Corona,
Thank you for having taken the time to let us know your experience at Grandhotel Brussels. Following our meeting during your check-out, may I once again take the opportunity to apologise for the shortcomings during your stay. Rest assured that all your comments were shared with the concerned departments. All necessary steps have been taken to assure these situations do not reoccur. Thank you once again and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed here last week for 2 nights whilst visiting the Seafood show.
Very surprised to stay at such a charming hotel with tons of character. You could of been in London.
The service was effiecient and friendly. Our bedroom was over looking the courtyard. It was quiet and peaceful with great decor and a super comfy bed.
I loved the atmosphere in the bar and again service was great. We only exprienced the breakfast, tons to choose from -fresh and tasty.
Great hotel for a business trip, would definitely recomend it ......Well done :)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 19, 2013

As always, a great stay at this Hotel which carried the Conrad flag before. Now, Steigenberger will probably keep up and even improve the place. There are some very nice rooms with a contemporary design, service very friendly and functions well managed.
Good room service breakfast, internet connections very fast and without problems and the the door service (luggage and taxi) very efficient.

Maybe an umbrella in each room would be a great thing taking into account the weather.

We will come back.