“Cheap, clean and hassle free.”
Review of Maxhotel

Maxhotel
Ranked #68 of 198 Hotels in Brussels
“Cheap, clean and hassle free.”
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my sister for two nights this August.
I don't have a single complaint! When you arrive you use the check in machines to 'check-in'. This is simply following the onscreen prompts filling in your details, before scanning your passport and receiving your 'keycard' for your room.
There is someone on shift behind an office door should you have any difficulty, but as I have said, I found it very straight forward. I can only assume they have fixed whatever problem the past reviews have mentioned.

After that, it's a great hotel! Decor is very modern, didn't hear any noise while in our room(or the rest of the hotel), the air-con was a god send!! And above all the place was spotless!! Ontop of that add, a 10 minute walk to the city centre, a hop skip and a jump away from the 'Rogier' metro station and the amazingly cheap cost. Wy would you go else where?

I would highly recommend this hotel, should I visit Brussels again in the future(that's very likely), I wouldn't give a seconds thought before choosing this one.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Uberlandia, MG
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Very good prices. Very good location (close to metro, some touristic attractions and city centre - shopping).

But not worth. I had a booking for 3 nights and I dont know why, the staff also booked an extra cleaning worth half of the price for one day. It's ok, if I really wanted an extra cleaning, but no, I didn't and the real problem is that none of the staff that were there during my stay could solve that.
The service there is really bad and they are not friendly. I mean, when I asked one of them, where to have the best waffles of belgium, they told me I could have them in a vending machine in the lounge area... come on, the best waffle is the one sold in the hotel's vending machine?!
Also when I asked them if I could have some change for their vending machine, they told me they didn't have. Found out later that they have a change machine.
And the biggest issue was, after the extra cleaning, both my hand and bath towels were very dirty. They were folded and seen very clean, but they had stains on it and the smell was awful.

Very disappointed. Really expected more from the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank JoseArita
Scotland
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

This is a brand new hotel - rooms are small but well-designed. No frills, but have all the basics, and spotlessly clean. There appeared to be free wifi available on the ground floor, in the lobby. Checkin is automated, but there is a member of staff on hand if there are any problems. Very good value for money for central Brussels which tends to be ridiculously overpriced for even basic hotels.
The location is near the Gare du Nord which has trains to the airport, and near a direct Metro line to the Gare du Midi for the Eurostar. It's within walking distance of the old town. Although it's not actually in the red light district as a previous reviewer suggested, it's probably not a great place to arrive at late at night on your own, as any hotel near a station tends to be.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I was really surprised when me and my wife arrived at Max Hotel at Adolphe Max St. in Brussels, the way to check-in is done by machine outside of the lobby of the hotel. After entering all the details of check-in, the machine will give you your room card key. Included is a scanner for your passport to document who are checking in. It tells you how much and your room number. The best part also is the check-out where you will use the same machine when you checked in. Boom...my best-ever experience!

Room Tip: All the rooms in the hotel are ok, anywhere it is located but it is always best to stay on the secon...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed July 17, 2013

It is quite far from where the cultural attractions are but very close to the Metro and shopping center. If you are very budget concern, this maybe a place for you but if not please go somewhere else.

You have to do every check in and check out your self, there is only 1 staff who would help you, I found that they are very helpful.

It is located in the red light district so if you are a woman traveling alone, it is not a safe location, if you traveling with friends, it's good.

Should I would come back to Brussels, I would pick another hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank pvarongsurat
Caceres, Spain
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We booked this hotel due to its attractive price: pretty much half the price of most hotels in Brussels, if not less. However, obviously, it lacks some commodities to offer this price.

+ Positive:

It's relatively central. Within walking distance to the historic centre of the city.
It's cheap, compared to the rest of hotels in Brussels or Belgium in general.
Rooms are spacious and furniture looks pretty new.

The street next to the one of the hotel is full of shops and clothing stores, as well as a mall with many places to eat and shop.

It is in front of a metro station that connects very well with the rest of the city.

- Negative:

You have to wait in a very small space to do the check-in through a machine, since you can't physically enter the hotel until you have a key; this is pretty annoying if you arrive tired after a long journey, which is quite likely. Also, you can't do the check-in until 15:00, even if your room is already made, as the machine won't let you do so until that hour.

Even though it was past 15:00, we still had to wait in that little space for our room to be ready, we were exhausted and we just wanted to leave our things.

You can't open the windows of the room, not even a little bit and our room had a lot of flies as it seemed to have been made in a rush after we arrived...

We refused the only cleaning we had (in our 2nd day) by mistake but I don't know how intensive is their cleaning since we found a flashlight under one of our beds in our last day, I guess it belonged to the previous guest. Do they really clean under the beds?

The hotel isn't necessarily in a bad neighborhood I suppose, but it is certainly surrounded by sex-shops and certain types of "clubs"..., this attracted very creepy and strange people to the area. I don't know if I'd be comfortable walking around if I was travelling alone.

Doors are pretty noisy in the sense that when a gust closes one it will make a lot of noise, which is inconvenient at night.

Beds were fine but the pillow... WORST PILLOW I've ever rest my head on. Seriously, I could feel all the chunks of foam inside the fabric. Absolute nightmare of a pillow, please, if anyone from the hotel is reading this: CHANGE THEM as soon as you can.

They don't offer the possibility of breakfast, they just have vending machines, which is fine I guess but coffee was very watery and a little overpriced.

Beware, they don't offer any shower gel or shampoo, so bring your own or you'll have to pay for it at the hotel. Also, the shower didn't have any shelf to put your sponge or shower gel which made shower uncomfortable.

Summing up, it does the job as a place to sleep but some of the things it lacks can make your stay a little less comfortable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Angitaun
Levis, Canada
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I have spent two nights in a twin bed room with a friend. The room was clean and modern. It was quiet in the hotel. We used the staff services for some troubles with the self-service machines. In general, the staff was kind. The location is okay, not far from the "Grand Place" and we (2 girls) had no problem walking on the street where is located the hotel at night. This is a place I could recommand if you don't look for a great atmosphere.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends