“Best value in Brussels”
Review of Maxhotel

Maxhotel
Ranked #67 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I'd like to start off the review by pointing out an obvious question I had, especially after my experience at the hotel.. why is it categorized under special lodging? This was one of the best hotels from my trip to Europe this summer. While the hotel does advertise an automatic experience, it's a good thing that there are still some staff on site. The check in seemed to have issues accepting international credit cards. Only a slight issue, but was quickly resolved once the staff checked me in under a different system. Our room (#806) was fantastic, nicely updated and clean with minimalist furnishings and a large corner window with a view of the street. Very comfortable bed, modern bathroom and nicely air conditioned. Any extra amenities (TV, WiFi, bathroom supplies, food etc.) can be purchased from vending machines in the chill area. This is a great area for sitting to plan your day or eat a snack. The entire hotel is spotless! The staff were also very accommodating when I asked to book an extra night last minute. The hotel is in a very centrally located area, walking distance to one of the main train/metro stations, shopping centre/village, fast food, botanical gardens and Grand Place. Based on double occupancy, I paid 55 euros a night.. now that's fantastic value!

Room Tip: if you want a nice view of the street, request a corner room on a higher floor
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ExploreWithMaya

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Incredibly cheap, but extremely clean.

The rooms are small, but perfect for quick / short stays. I had a problem with the internet but they were able to come up to the room to reset the router. Hotel is easily accesible from the Rogier Metro, and in a good neighbourhood.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Brussels
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Clean rooms, good size, ideal location in the centre of Brussels, right behind shopping area and only 5 mins from opera house. My only frustration was the check-in - the machines couldn't recognise my booking reference and even with assistance from the duty manager, it took a while to check in. I didn't find the TV easy to use either but other than that it was great and I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is my first time using Max Hotels so I'm new to the concept. I love it! For my style of traveling - I'm not looking to spend time in hotels, I simply need a clean, reasonably priced, place that is convenient (walking or easy public transport) to the places I want to spend my time and is affordable. Maxhotel Brussels filled the bill nicely. I paid about $50 (39 Euro) per night through one of the on-line travel sights. We drove to Brussels and found convenient parking in the same block in a secured shopping center high-rise (about 18 Euro for the day and half I parked there) The high tech - do it yourself check-in process malfunctioned and the one attendant on duty had to manually enter my information and then sent me back to the malfunctioning machine. This wasn't really a big deal for me but, it does keep me from giving the place 5 dots. We were able to stash bags in lockers on-sight when we arrived too early for check in. Easy walk to the Grand Place and the Bourse and other sights and activities I had come for. Small spaces but, stylishly and comfortably appointed. I will seek out Maxhotel in other cities and will likely use this one again if I get a chance to come back to Brussels!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights and it was ideal for our needs.

The automated check-in didn't work for us, but the staff on-hand were very friendly and helpful. Checking out was extremely quick and easy with no problems at all.

The rooms are basic but clean. Ideal if, like us, you're just using the hotel as somewhere to sleep and shower while you explore the city.

There are no facilities such as a bar/gym/restaurant in the hotel. There is, however, a 24 hour lounge with vending machines selling a range including hot/cold drinks, alcohol, toiletries, snacks, etc. Also, the hotel is well-positioned for loads of shops, bars, and restaurants, meaning that the lack of facilities in the hotel isn't an issue.

I would definitely recommend this hotel, and would happily stay here again if I'm ever back in Brussels.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is in a great neighborhood. Close to everything but yet far enough to be quiet at night. We checked in and out with the machine but there always seems to be someone there to help in the little office on the ground floor. We did not take metro, we walked everywhere and it was great. Would stay here again. only downside is no free wifi. 12 euros for 3 days or 5 per day.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 20, 2012

When checking in, the machine worked well and issued my room card troublefree. When checking out the machined didn't. So I had to call a staff (which took several minutes)..
In between I couldn't complain:
Well located not far from train or Metro station, Grand place is within walking distance. Stylish room, nice shower (although not a room, more a niche). Unusual that the toilet is separated from the shower.
If you would like to have breakfast, there are several machines located in the 1st floor. Not very cosy, but if you like it, ....

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business