“Great location”

Ranked #49 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I'm surprised at the negative comments about this hotel. I found the service was impeccable, the location superb, room was modestly sized but spotlessly clean, well furnished and very comfortable. The hotel is brilliantly located near Grand-Place and it's just a short stroll to some great bars and restaurants. Staff were extremely helpful and the room was really comfortable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Jacques V, Directeur général at Warwick Brussels, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Jeffrey Peel,

Thank you for sharing your valuable comments referring to your stay at the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand Place.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you back at the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand Place and please let me take this opportunity to thank you again for your positive remarks.

Jacques Vitu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

The location is perfect, close to Grand Place and the Centraal Station.
The hotel is old, but well maintained, except for the heating/ventilation/airco which cannot be regulated or turned on/off.
Service is good, people are friendly.
The price for the room was ok, 119 euro, but to ask 30 euro per person for continental breakfast is much too much.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear NViorel,

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us especially our location.

Concerning the heating and ventilation I am really sorry you have faced this issue and I truly hope it did not disturb you too much. Rest assured the maintenance department has been already informed accordingly.

The hotel is currently offering an American buffet breakfast at 30 euros and the continental at 12 euros for your perusal.

I will be pleased to welcome you back again at The Royal Windsor Hotel Grand place to make your stay more unforgettable than ever.

Paphos, Cyprus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I traveled there late August with my wife and child. The hotel location is just excellent. Between Grand Place and Central Station. In 100m you are either in the Grand Place or in the station.
Hotel Staff was very friendly and helpful. We faced a problem with our booking for breakfast and an other with the room washing basin but both of them were resolved immediately by the hotel staff.
The room as furnished with everything needed and i would say that it was spacious and cozy. the breakfast was great with large choice of food.
Bottom line. I would for sure stay there again and I would suggest this hotel to friends and family.
PS: Waterloo bar, located next to the hotel lobby, has a decent selection of single malts.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Costas Leonidou,

Thank you very much for your kind comments while staying with us in Brussels.
Myself and all the hotel staff are very pleased you have enjoyed to have you with us.

I truly hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel for your next visit in Brussels.

Zeist, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

We booked a premium room. Years before I was in a standard room, and actually, I can't see the difference. The furniture is very dark, and old fashioned in my opinion. Furthermore the lights are not strong enough, so it's quite dark in the room.
Everything was tidy, staff was friendly.
The price of about 180 euro each night, DOESN'T include breakfast.
You have to pay about 30 euro each person. Sorry, too expensive.
Breakfast should be included in the price.
I'll never stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: The windows on the first floor (smoking rooms) cannot be opened totally, just a tiny bit
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Frankn J
Jacques V, Directeur général at Warwick Brussels, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Frankn J,

We would like to thank you for having taken time to share your feedback about the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand Place. Obviously, we do regret that the room disappointed you and we do apologize if your stay did not meet your expectations.

Which is obviously not the image I wish that you retain of your recent experience at the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand’ Place – Brussels, I truly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back for your next visit in Brussels, and show you a truly hotel experience.

Should you decide to come back to Brussels, please do not hesitate to contact me directly in order to oversee personally your stay. jvitu@warwickhotels.com

Kind regards,

Regional General Manager- Brussels
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

We decided to book one night in Brussels at the end of a few great nights in Bruges and Knokke. I chose the Royal Windsor carefully for its fabulous location and because it looked like it had more character. I booked a premium room as we had our 9 year old with us and wanted a slightly bigger room (to accommodate his rollout bed). I had requested 'a nice room for a special stay' (as our son had been in hospital for 2 weeks). The room we got was very dark (needed lights on in the day) and pretty cramped. We checked in at 5:30 pm and the extra bed had still not been set up. Bizarrely reception was a bit frosty when I queried this. Breakfast is horrifically overpriced at 29 euros for an "American breakfast" which is basically just the addition of some hot items (bacon/eggs etc.) - but free for under 12s. Despite this, a charge of €60 euros was already on my bill at checkout - which I had to have amended. Sorry to say as well, that the night before we ate in the restaurant "Chutneys" (which again was overpriced, but service was very good) but saw a mouse running behind the fridge in the bar - which made me feel a bit icky. Out and about in Brussels I saw all the other hotels I'd rejected - and really regretted not booking the Meridien or Radisson Blu to end a fabulous stay in Belgium.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Clare R
Jacques V, Directeur général at Warwick Brussels, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Clare R,

In relation to your comments for which we thank you, we are sorry to read that you were disappointed by your stay, especially regarding the way the room had been prepared for your arrival (missing extra bed) as well as the your comment on our services. Please rest assured I have reviewed your comment with the department head concerned for corrective actions and do apologise for the inconvenients occurred during your stay.

Also, I am sorry about the trouble you had in the Restaurant which is due to some works in the street. This works were only for two days and we are happy to say that we are not any more affected by this trouble.

Which is obviously not the image I wish that you retain of your recent experience at the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand’ Place – Brussels, I would be keen to discuss your experience further and would invite you to contact me personally at the hotel. jvitu@warwickhotels.com

With my best regards,

Regional General Manager – Brussels
Ghent, Belgium
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

It's not exactly what you would expect from a 5 star hotel (although the interior of the rooms do not correspond to a 5 star hotel) but we got all our money stolen whilst going out for a dinner. Prior to leaving for Australia it concerned a big sum of money that we had hidden in our luggage.

Unfortunately, the hotel is not willing to take up any responsibility since it was not in the safe. Since PV was made upon arrival at the airport, they even stated it could have been stolen elsewhere, whereas we remain 100% certain it happened during our absence. We carried the two electronic keys on us at all times so one could wonder how it was possible all our money got stolen ...

We did not found the personnel to be very cooperative and would not recommend staying in this hotel. After all, it's not the first time a theft like this happend in Windsor Royal Brussels (see a smilar case @ tripadvisor).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MyriamDidier
Mansfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Just got back from Brussels we stayed at Royal Windsor Hotel and found it very good we would certainly use this Hotel again.
Staff were very helpfull,when we arrived to be told we had been upgraded to a junior suite it was brill.
Idealy located near station, bars,cafes,nightlife and tourist attractions.
I checked out fitness and Sauna because i had read complaints from others I found fitness and Sauna Ok.
Breakfast was included in our room.
A very good Hotel,very clean and comfortable

Room Tip: Make contact with Hotel and let them know what type of room you want.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacques V, Directeur général at Warwick Brussels, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear RobertJP1,

Thank you for your nice words and very positive comment on our services.

We are glad we have been able to make you enjoy Brussels with a truly hotel experience.

We do look forward to having you back with us in the closest future.

Regional General Manager - Brussels